Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like her form. I hope that carries over into other activities.
i like going to the gym, paying for it makes me motivated to go semi frequently.

enjoy banter with some of the trainers there too.
can see upsides and downsides to both.

i don't really struggle to stay motivated, so it being free and being able to use equipment for as long as i want, whenever i want is good.

downside is obviously not having the range of equipment a gym has and no cardio bunnies to look at.

New one today. Some lady doing some crazy step up aerobic routine in the squat rack. I ask her politely to move to the cardio area and she screams 'IT'S MY GYM TOO!' Scared the hell out of me

I would have complained at the main desk or say she was doing it in the wrong area. I hate people who do that just so people will leave them alone. Act crazy and people will leave you alone, going by that adage.

Witnessed an actual 15 minute conversation about the best music festivals during various bicep curl sets the other night.

Scream at them "DO YOU EVEN LIFT?"

I saw someone post his shirtless back on Facebook yesterday and it's clear that he has only worked arms and shoulders, there were no lats to speak of. It's an ugly look if you've got any training knowledge but sadly these idiots feed off each others.

Scream at them "DO YOU EVEN LIFT?"

One should be more civilised when asking the pertinent questions.

29557144.jpg

Nothing shits me more than people who go to the gym without a towel. Not only is it inconsiderate, but its also bloody dirty.

Have an Eastern European bloke at my gym who walks around smearing his dirty back sweat all over the benches. Also has a habit of lifting up his top and looking at his stomach. Normally involves him grabbing his fat and swearing that it won't disappear.

How about the people who come up to you while you're halfway through a set and start talking to you. :mad:
I had some random guy come up to me and say hello while I was lifting a bit of weight on the leg press machine. I gave out a quick hey but was trying to concentrate on not being squashed. Then he walked off and started whinging about people being unfriendly to some other gym goer.

Nothing shits me more than people who go to the gym without a towel. Not only is it inconsiderate, but its also bloody dirty.

I hate this as well especially as my gym has signs everywhere saying it is compulsory to use a towel on all machines.

Should be a no towel, no entry rules at all gyms.

I hate this as well especially as my gym has signs everywhere saying it is compulsory to use a towel on all machines.

Should be a no towel, no entry rules at all gyms.

reckon all gyms have that rule. but its never enforced.

People not putting weights/weight plates back s**t me also.I was in the gym yesterday smashing out some front squats while in the other squat rack a trainer was showing some dude how to something.Then just walked of leaving the weights on the bar it was only 2 smallish weight plates each side surely she could ask/tell the person shes training to unload one side and she do the other side.Because some people will think if its good for the goose to leave shite loaded up its good for the gander.

People not putting weights/weight plates back s**t me also.I was in the gym yesterday smashing out some front squats while in the other squat rack a trainer was showing some dude how to something.Then just walked of leaving the weights on the bar it was only 2 smallish weight plates each side surely she could ask/tell the person shes training to unload one side and she do the other side.Because some people will think if its good for the goose to leave shite loaded up its good for the gander.

are you talking about a gender issue?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

• people staring at their *amazeballs* bodies in the mirror

Im sorry but i take umbridge to this
Your body is what you're working on, everyone deserves to see there progress and positive reinforcement is good for the mind

Annnd flexing between sets is practicle as well, summoning more muscle fibers, teaching your body how to command them during lifts

I flex after nearly every set, its what you're at the gym for, its not hurting
Seems you need to be less jelly and mire more

Two older ladies prattling on whilst one sat on the leg press machine this morning - after 5-6 minutes and no action, the PT came over and kicked them off, credit to him.
It's easy to pay out on PTs but some really do try to make the gym a better place to be.

Two older ladies prattling on whilst one sat on the leg press machine this morning - after 5-6 minutes and no action, the PT came over and kicked them off, credit to him.
It's easy to pay out on PTs but some really do try to make the gym a better place to be.

I've only just recently joined a gym and this is my pet peeve. It is a city council gym so I'm one of the very few who spends the majority of my workout using the power cage and free weight benches and that suits me fine. But the few times I want to use machines or various benches in the db rack section, there is always some old duck sitting on them chatting with their friends. Go and and chat in the cardio or stretching section FFS. Maybe even stand up to chat, you nev er know, it may raise your heart rate a few beats.

using squat rack and leave for literally 20 seconds to find plates because our gym is seriously lacking in plates. as soon as i turn around a PT has his client in the rack doing squats with a 10kg barbell. my drink bottle and towel sat in the middle of the rack and they just worked around it like it wasn't even there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back