Gym & Misc Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was doing squats yesterday in a squat rack and theres a pull up bar up on the squat rack.

So when i went off of to the water fountain to drink some water the guy decides to throw my bag and my belt to the smith machine and starts doing chin ups supersetting with barbell curls. I watched him do that set alone, after he completed, I walked up to him and i said he tossed my stuff away. He said "sorry i didnt know you were using it", its just some annoying zyzz kid wana be thinking he can take peoples equipment away. I reported it to the gym owner.

Most arrogant person, I've ever came across.

I go to a small gym, in the changing room there is 2 benches back to back. Some flog was taking up both benches with all his crap like clothes, towel, bag and the likes scattered everywhere. Happens every now and then, but not to that extent. So in a nutshell, people should organise their s**t so people can use the bench to sit on too without having to work around some slob.

I go to a small gym, in the changing room there is 2 benches back to back. Some flog was taking up both benches with all his crap like clothes, towel, bag and the likes scattered everywhere. Happens every now and then, but not to that extent. So in a nutshell, people should organise their s**t so people can use the bench to sit on too without having to work around some slob.

that's just rude

I was doing squats yesterday in a squat rack and theres a pull up bar up on the squat rack.

So when i went off of to the water fountain to drink some water the guy decides to throw my bag and my belt to the smith machine and starts doing chin ups supersetting with barbell curls. I watched him do that set alone, after he completed, I walked up to him and i said he tossed my stuff away. He said "sorry i didnt know you were using it", its just some annoying zyzz kid wana be thinking he can take peoples equipment away. I reported it to the gym owner.

so rude!

I don't get annoyed at people lifting weights at a place designed for lifting weights.

Yes but those weights and floors in commercial gyms aren't designed to do olympic lifts. Throwing weights around in that environment is just piss poor. Weights bouncing into mirrors is bloody expensive and I've never recalled any hero who's done it contacting management and offering to pay, they just slink off.

Set up your own equipment at home if you want to damage it.

Jees, I was going to join a gym, then reading this and seeing the s**t that people do there has completely put me off.

not sure what your circumstances are but if i had enough space i'd ditch the gym membership and buy a rack, barbell, plates, dumbbells and benches. would be very expensive but you would save in the long run, especially if having to drive to gym.

not sure what your circumstances are but if i had enough space i'd ditch the gym membership and buy a rack, barbell, plates, dumbbells and benches. would be very expensive but you would save in the long run, especially if having to drive to gym.
I'm already lifting at home, was just looking into joining a gym but not anymore.

good point. mate pointed out to me that i spend:

14.50/week membership
38/PT session (2 a week = 76)
so per month
14.50 x 4 = $58
76 x 4 = $324
sum = $382/month

hmmmm

guess buying gym stuff hurts in the short term.

good point. mate pointed out to me that i spend:

14.50/week membership
38/PT session (2 a week = 76)
so per month
14.50 x 4 = $58
76 x 4 = $324
sum = $382/month

hmmmm

guess buying gym stuff hurts in the short term.
The first step would be to drop the pt
Why pay some failed sports science student to tell you what the internet can

coming into new years boys, all the "new years resolutions" people will be hitting the gym in a few days. aren't they fun :)
Back at work today so in the gym this morning - already two newbies, one was female which is ok, they tend to only use the cardio equipment anyway. The second is the way I hope most male newbies are - sticking to machines and assisted chins, which keeps him out of the free weights area.

This is probably just me being a grumpy bastard but nothing shits me more then when your almost finished one exercise, and just before you head to your next station, some other guy gets there before you.

Stuffs my whole routine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is probably just me being a grumpy bastard but nothing shits me more then when your almost finished one exercise, and just before you head to your next station, some other guy gets there before you.

Stuffs my whole routine.
My usual gym has two sets of cable fly machines, but the other ones i occasionally go to only have one
Nothing worse than finishing your dumbell bench and go to hit cable flys and some fool jumps on and does tricep pushdowns... ARGH
i guess I'll have to hit the shitty machine chest press till they get off

yep, this is a pet hate too. i cant see how hard it is to go to the end of the bench or a part that's not being used, and taking out stuff the stuff you need and putting it next to you rather than all over the place.

perhaps having consideration for others is a requirement. i guess it is the whole point of this thread to report on self-centered *ers who only give a s**t about themselves.

TBH, and I've said this countless times, my peeve is when folks leave the equipment they're working on to go to the loo or wherever, end up disappearing for minutes on end and just leave their s**t around equipment so it is 'claimed' and no one should use it.

I'm not implying you did this (it sounds like the bloke just walked up as soon as your back was turned), just saying that there have been many instances in my experience where folks think that they can disappear for as long as they like, and still be entitled to have exclusive use of something because they have their towel on it. There are other members who want to work out too. That's it isnt it? We all pay our fees and should be sharing equipment, not hogging it.

Need to take a s**t? Do it before the session or in between exercises when you havent got your towel on something. Constantly need a drink of water between sets? Bring a bottle or go between exercises again. It's generally when folks piss off from equipment to do something else that they then get distracted and end up gone for longer than they even think.

What's worse is this woman who generally works out at the same time as me in the mornings. Does a 4 exercise circuit with equipment stationed all around the gym which takes her around 4-5 mins to get through one circuit. She'll leave a towel on one, her note book on another, a bag on another one, and a bottle on the last. If i want to use one of them at the same time, im not going to wait 5 minutes for her to get back to it. She can GO heck HERSELF.

Watched 3 lads yesterday walk in and do a 20 minute workout which consisted of nothing but variations of bicep curls.

It must be music festival season.

Watched 3 lads yesterday walk in and do a 20 minute workout which consisted of nothing but variations of bicep curls.

It must be music festival season.

haha just did a sess today and saw the same thing!! one had straight brim cap, other had ironed and tinted hair, the last bloke wore vans loafers without socks.

I hate it when I see PTs in the same gym, which says to put your weights away after lifting, leave their weights lying around where they worked their clients. I understand there are time constraint issues sometimes but even after they finish they dont put it away. More concerned about their mobile phones and back slapping fellow PTs and friends.

I hate it when I see PTs in the same gym, which says to put your weights away after lifting, leave their weights lying around where they worked their clients. I understand there are time constraint issues sometimes but even after they finish they dont put it away. More concerned about their mobile phones and back slapping fellow PTs and friends.

people who dont put their weights away frustrate me. i mean, how hard is it to do?

i went to use this machine (below) the other day

WTA_assisted_dip.jpg

and found a set of barbells under it. no one around. absolutely baffling.

Vincent Chase - strong elbows?

as a bloke who was extremely keen on lifting in his twenties, this has waned considerably as ive entered my 30s. with annoying aspects of the gym dulling enthusiasm, you begin to discover that the world is a gym and ive been been getting much more enjoyment over the last few years cycling and running and complimenting this by entering cycling events such as the alpine classic or 5-10km trail-run obstacle course events. lots of fun, working towards a goal, and feeling as fit as when i was playing footy.............and im in my mid-30s now. aerobic endurance is something the average joe ignores in a weights-focused fitness regimen, but i really do feel so much better these days than those few years after finishing footy where weights was all i did. lifting sessions are more supplementary and very strength focused. 2 x per week and maybe a circuit on another day, and the lifting sessions are largely made up of olympic lift varieties and compound movements. rarely a bicep curl here.

so try and get out of the gym and limit the effects of annoying gooses in there to as little as possible. i recommend it.

I agree with you and I have also started to discover that the world around you can be a gym. After I did bootcamp and also caveman training last year I realised that we can practically use our body weight to have an intense workout session. I still go to the gym obviously and I really enjoy it but on days when I cant go, i use the stuff I learnt from Bootcamp and Caveman to inspire new movements at home using just everyday things like rice bag, suitcases, sofas, chairs etc

I've found doing Bootcamp and Caveman training you won't get gooses, just people who want to work hard and train.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back