Toast Andy Otten

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. I still can't bear to watch any of that game. I'm pretty sure Otten was also being held, as he had to dive to take that mark.

My memory of that mark was that he took it unopposed going backwards and slightly to his left. Everyone else either misjudged the flight or was being obstructed some way.
I may be wrong.

He took one of the greatest marks in Crows history.

Well, it would have been a mark if Shane McInerney wasn't a Collingwood supporter.
Allow me to add my bit, considering it happened a mere 20-30 meters from where I was sitting...No , I'm not the "right in front of me" guy.

That ****ing little **** umpire, simply paid the free he was looking for, not the free(or the mark) that should have been paid to Otten. Otten was held first - equally as obvious as Truck's hold, then he was pushed in the back as he went for the ball, then he marked it. Which one of these three events was not as worthy as the free that the cheating scum umpire was searching deep and hard for?....:) rant over.

That ****ing little **** umpire, simply paid the free he was looking for, not the free(or the mark) that should have been paid to Otten .

I was thinking of a way to word that - that is spot on. There were three things that could have been paid there - a free to Anthony, a free to Otten, or a mark to Otten.

Umpiring 101 - the frees cancel themselves out and you pay the mark.

I was thinking of a way to word that - that is spot on. There were three things that could have been paid there - a free to Anthony, a free to Otten, or a mark to Otten.

Umpiring 101 - the frees cancel themselves out and you pay the mark.

The frustration was is compounded by the fact that similar holds had gone unpaid the entire night, it wasn't until that instance that the umpire decided to finally pay it.

Another good game from Andy today. He really has gotten back to where he was before he did his knee. So happy to see him doing well. It was a tough time for him after his knee. Hopefully we can keep him at our club long term. Our backline is so much better with him in it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

hopefully his return from injury will give Crows fans a bit more understanding when Walker comes back.

As well as some of the less tolerant posters who don't have that patience with players coming back from injury.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back