Toast Andy Otten

Remove this Banner Ad

Having said all of this, he was opposing nothing yesterday, together with the rest of our defense. That was one of the worst sides ever to come to footy park. I'm intrigued to see how comfortable Otto looks when confronted with the Hawthorn attack in a couple of weeks. I'll wrap players and sides up when it's warranted, was one of Otten's most outspoken supporters in 2009, but I'm still worried about how he handles pressure cooker football. His footy has been littered with sluggish decision making and poor disposal since the knee.

If he's in my sig, he's a gem.

Well done Andy, you have cemented a spot in the AFC after a few down years. Great job. :thumbsu:

Having said all of this, he was opposing nothing yesterday, together with the rest of our defense. That was one of the worst sides ever to come to footy park. I'm intrigued to see how comfortable Otto looks when confronted with the Hawthorn attack in a couple of weeks. I'll wrap players and sides up when it's warranted, was one of Otten's most outspoken supporters in 2009, but I'm still worried about how he handles pressure cooker football. His footy has been littered with sluggish decision making and poor disposal since the knee.
Otten has been in good form all season - the same can't be said for all the defence, except Rutten. One of Otten's strength's is good under pressure. As for poor disposal, think you are confusing him with Shaw ;)

Otten has been in good form all season - the same can't be said for all the defence, except Rutten. One of Otten's strength's is good under pressure. As for poor disposal, think you are confusing him with Shaw ;)

"Otten has bee in good form all season" is well and good, but let's remember that statement is not evidence. I agree of course, this is his best form since the injury, but it has been 4 years since we've seen an Otten who is reliably good irrespective of the opponent. I want to see him comfortable against a Hawthorn type opposition so we can be sure we have this really good footballer back and firing. Because that's the requirement - if he's a quality player, he is playing good footy against the best sides. That is the standard.

He was my BOG yesterday.

"Otten has bee in good form all season" is just a statement. It doesn't mean anything. Like, that's not a piece of evidence. I agree of course, this is his best form since the injury, but it has been 4 years since we've seen an Otten who is reliably good irrespective of the opponent. I want to see him comfortable against a Hawthorn type opposition so we can be sure we have this really good footballer back and firing. Because that's the requirement - if he's a quality player, he is playing good footy against the best sides. That is the standard.

He was my BOG yesterday.
But the same statement can be said for very few others in the side! Can only beat what is served up. Otten has played on 1 of the form players of the AFL when he creamed Westoff in the 1st half of the Showdown, then what happened to Talia in the 2nd half.

BTW, was good to see Talia back to his best blanketing Jones who was good the previous week.

But the same statement can be said for very few others in the side! Can only beat what is served up. Otten has played on 1 of the form players of the AFL when he creamed Westoff in the 1st half of the Showdown, then what happened to Talia in the 2nd half.

BTW, was good to see Talia back to his best blanketing Jones who was good the previous week.

TBF to Jones, the conditions didn't exactly suit and the ball barely got past their HF line for a half of footy!

Yes, Otten was battling against a tide of criticism then. Must have been nice to have had at least one person on his side.

"Otten has bee in good form all season" is well and good, but let's remember that statement is not evidence. I agree of course, this is his best form since the injury, but it has been 4 years since we've seen an Otten who is reliably good irrespective of the opponent. I want to see him comfortable against a Hawthorn type opposition so we can be sure we have this really good footballer back and firing. Because that's the requirement - if he's a quality player, he is playing good footy against the best sides. That is the standard.

He was my BOG yesterday.
What about last year's prelim? He stepped up pretty well there, considering he played about 5 games that year.

Yes, Otten was battling against a tide of criticism then. Must have been nice to have had at least one person on his side.

I know. It throws me because he won a rising star nom that year and was genuinely impressive. You were one of the worst I recall, bagged the s**t out of him. You're looking stupid now.

I know. It throws me because he won a rising star nom that year and was genuinely impressive. You were one of the worst I recall, bagged the s**t out of him. You're looking stupid now.
I think you should get behind Dangerfield this year. Really get stuck in to all his detractors

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He took one of the greatest marks in Crows history.

Well, it would have been a mark if Shane McInerney wasn't a Collingwood supporter.

Yeah, would have made Leo Barry's mark against West Coast look like Barry was just having a kick to kick with his kids in the park.

There was a lot of Crows supporters down that end. It did have a rather pick- pocket feel about it, because from that angle you couldn't see what the free kick was for. All you saw was this match saving effort from Andy Otten.

Would have to be up there as the worst night as a Crows supporter.

"We came all the way to Melbourne to see THAT!"

There was a lot of Crows supporters down that end. It did have a rather pick- pocket feel about it, because from that angle you couldn't see what the free kick was for. All you saw was this match saving effort from Andy Otten.

It actually did happen in front of me, but Im not the famous one. As soon as he marked it and the crowd went nuts, I sank in my chair as I knew he was going to pay a free kick.

Leaving that ground was as shattering a feeling Ive had at a game. At least at the Buddy v Massie show I could vent my frustration at Neil, plus I was really pissed, it dulled the senses. Im just glad I wasnt at last years prelim.

It actually did happen in front of me, but Im not the famous one. As soon as he marked it and the crowd went nuts, I sank in my chair as I knew he was going to pay a free kick.

Leaving that ground was as shattering a feeling Ive had at a game. At least at the Buddy v Massie show I could vent my frustration at Neil, plus I was really pissed, it dulled the senses. Im just glad I wasnt at last years prelim.
I think I sat next to you

Yep. I still can't bear to watch any of that game. I'm pretty sure Otten was also being held, as he had to dive to take that mark.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back