'Players running out of time' - WADA boss David Howman urges co-operation

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody still involved in the game wants to be the one that causes the dam to burst. I think they would rather 2 year bans than become a pariah in the AFL world. They might be lauded for being a whistle-blower from the outside, but I'd be surprised seeing their team take them back after they served their own 6 months. These teams are negotiating for the best joint outcome if they are found guilty, whilst still looking for technicalities and defences to avoid any penalty at all. The stalemate will remain and any bluff by ASADA will be tested.

Nobody still involved in the game wants to be the one that causes the dam to burst. I think they would rather 2 year bans than become a pariah in the AFL world. They might be lauded for being a whistle-blower from the outside, but I'd be surprised seeing their team take them back after they served their own 6 months. These teams are negotiating for the best joint outcome if they are found guilty, whilst still looking for technicalities and defences to avoid any penalty at all. The stalemate will remain and any bluff by ASADA will be tested.
Correct - any player who whistle blew on a team-mate would never get picked up by another club again. And nor would I blame them to be honest.

The amount of abuse that player would get from opposition supporters would be astronomical.

It just proves that WADA are also taking a huge interest in this now, things have spiraled out of control for the flying high EFC.
This is the same WADA who had to dismiss Vijay Singh's case last week. That was extremely high profile globally and they got eaten alive.

Outside of the Olympic sports they are useless.

No wonder Essendon are blowing millions on a phalanx of lawyers and spin.

They're shitting bricks because they realise that there's a bigger player who will not sweep their systemic drug cheating program under the carpet.

So many Essendon supporters living in denial ..they are in for a rude shock, and they know it...so why keep defending ??
Only ones in for a rude shock are some of the trolls on here.

Jesus - it was made perfectly obvious last night that the case is now extremely weak legally. Do some people need a picture drawn for them in crayon?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So many Essendon supporters living in denial ..they are in for a rude shock, and they know it...so why keep defending ??

Watch these same delusional fans turn on their club when the sh1t hits the fan.

Right now, reading their posts, bring comedy relief to what is a serious subject. Can't believe one group of people can be so dumb and gullible.

What else are they going to do? They either defend or they attack their own club. If you subscribe to the theory that Essendon being innocent is a long shot, and these threads show that is what most people are thinking, then you'd rather go down defending that long shot, than rip into your own and run even the slimmest chance that they end up vindicated. Far more glory in sticking fat and going down swinging, than turning on your own and being vindicated.

We saw it when Carlton were being done for salary cap breaches, we saw it when Melbourne were being investigated for tanking. We see it in most every circumstance. The more under siege you are, the tighter the circle you maintain.

Essendon as a club may be looking for a best joint outcome. I have my doubts over James Hird though. To me having your own separate PR firm involved in all this is very dodgy given the circumstances. Players are left to rely solely on club officials (and whoever they hire) to save them but somehow coach has his own spin machine to help him come out of all this unscathed.

Right now, reading their posts, bring comedy relief to what is a serious subject. Can't believe one group of people can be so dumb and gullible.

Poor Jim - another troll who is going to look really silly when this is all said and done.

I tell you what buddy - if not a single essendon player serves a suspension and the club does not have any premiership points deducted, do you promise to give up your Big Footy account and never post here again.

I'm actually doing you a favour with this bet too as I imagine it would be very embarassing for you to come back afterwards in any case.

Jesus - it was made perfectly obvious last night that the case is now extremely weak legally. Do some people need a picture drawn for them in crayon?
No, it really wasn't

You don't get the ban discount unless you spill. No rainchecks.

Don't cry when they show no mercy later. You had your chance.

Smart move.

Correct - any player who whistle blew on a team-mate would never get picked up by another club again. And nor would I blame them to be honest.

The amount of abuse that player would get from opposition supporters would be astronomical.

And THAT mentality is what got us into this mess in the first place!

The only people bringing the comedy relief are the collective *******s thinking Essendon are guilty as supposedly charged.

I hope you all have pretty damn good sorry letters waiting - the body of evidence of the stupidity is astounding by the brain-dead.

What else are they going to do? They either defend or they attack their own club. If you subscribe to the theory that Essendon being innocent is a long shot, and these threads show that is what most people are thinking, then you'd rather go down defending that long shot, than rip into your own and run even the slimmest chance that they end up vindicated. Far more glory in sticking fat and going down swinging, than turning on your own and being vindicated.

We saw it when Carlton were being done for salary cap breaches, we saw it when Melbourne were being investigated for tanking. We see it in most every circumstance. The more under siege you are, the tighter the circle you maintain.
Can we just clarify something, TODN.
Its most people on this particular part of the Big Footy board. Which as you know, is basically now Bay 13.

That is not indicative of broader society - at least I hope not as otherwise we have a lot of morons running around.

So many Essendon supporters living in denial ..they are in for a rude shock, andisthey know it...so why keep defending ??
Maybe cause opposition fans have gone from saying the club will be banned, to the players will but the club will survive, to Hird is gone and now we're at just the six players?

Meanwhile essendon fans have continuall said wait for the whole report and evidence to come out and haven't changed their tune to suit whatever Caro is reporting?

Yeah we're the delusional ones.

You are a funny one DT. Come out when there's a scerick of information that you think clears Essendon, then goes missing for days when the news is not good. :rolleyes: Or are you tag teaming with mxett?

Thers is more innuendo flying around on this topic than a womens day magazine... the media is making it extreamly hard to differentiate facts with hyperbole but its all working well for those with an interest, papers are getting sold and click hits are going through the roof... good job...

BS. Any player who comes forward and brings forward the demise of Essendon will be treated like a god by opposition supporters. Would have absolutely no bearing at all on whether another club would pick them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back