andy caddick (new zealand)
jardine (india)
robin smith (south africa)

T.Dexter (india)
Thought he was born in Italy?

A couple more I know, but good list The Reaper
Nassar Hussain (India)
Derek Pringle (Kenya)
Phil Edmonds (Rhodesia - Not sure if mdoern day Zimbabwe or Zambia)

Given no doubt that there are quite a number from Ireland & Scotland we have not mentioned I'd guess about 75 all up

Thought he was born in Italy?

A couple more I know, but good list The Reaper
Nassar Hussain (India)
Derek Pringle (Kenya)
Phil Edmonds (Rhodesia - Not sure if mdoern day Zimbabwe or Zambia)

Given no doubt that there are quite a number from Ireland & Scotland we have not mentioned I'd guess about 75 all up

So close. But there's not as many from Ireland and Scotland as you'd think.

There are a few who have played for both England and another nation who were born in that other nation:

Albert Trott - born in Melbourne, played for Australia and then England
Billy Murdoch - born in Sandhurst, Victoria, played for Australia and then England
JJ Feris - born in Sydney, played for Australia and then England
Sammy Woods - born in Sydney, played for Australia and then England
Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi aka 8th Nawab of Pataudi - born in Pataudi, Punjab, India, played for England and then India. I'm not too sure on my geographical history but his birthplace may have been regarded as British sovereign at the time.

There are a few who have played for both England and another nation who were born in that other nation:

Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi aka 8th Nawab of Pataudi - born in Pataudi, Punjab, India, played for England and then India. I'm not too sure on my geographical history but his birthplace may have been regarded as British sovereign at the time.

It would be. British Raj ended shortly after WWII.
Though technially speaking he was a head of state of a state that wasn't under direct British control.

It would be. British Raj ended shortly after WWII.
Though technially speaking he was a head of state of a state that wasn't under direct British control.

I had you in mind when I posed that question...

I got a high distinction in westpac every year. And in the chemistry, general science, english and geography comps
:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone know how a batsman's innings is timed? Does it go down to the last second?

If a batsman has batted for 199 minutes and 46 seconds, is his time given as 199 or does it get pushed up to 200?

Does anyone know how a batsman's innings is timed? Does it go down to the last second?

If a batsman has batted for 199 minutes and 46 seconds, is his time given as 199 or does it get pushed up to 200?

I don't see why cricket would be any different to the norm so it would be rounded up to 200 minutes.

Try not to cheat and do it off the top of your head, still somewhat on subject.

How many players can you name who have played TEST cricket for two different countries?

Bit of a tough one as only two have done it in the last 50 years. There's a few recent ones if you count ODI's.

Why is the Interstate Cricket Cup in the United States called the Sir Clive Lloyd Cup when Clive Lloyd has not been knighted?

Why did it take the BBC until the mid 1980s to follow Channel Nine's lead and place a camera at each end for its TV coverage? Channel Nine began this in the late 70s with its WSC coverage.

Here's something maybe someone can answer. With Clarke and Cook having recently played their 100th Tests, do you know who is the only player to take his 100th catch in his 100th Test?

Not Allan Border, but Border played a fair bit against him. A clue would be that this player played his 100th Test in Australia and scored his 100th 100 in the game prior to his 100th Test.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back