Round 1 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I think a fair few went with Thurlow instead because of his DPP. R4 will be mostly filled by the likes of Max King etc (cheapest ruck available)
Guilty of that - I was $500 short of Currie even though I ideally wanted him in. Trying to make a couple of late changes now so I can get him in next week without burning two trades.

didn't he average under a 100 last year ? but 113 in sc ?
98 in DT not sure in SC but it was around 110-115. 98 in DT last season would've made him I'm pretty sure the 4th best fwd behind Stevie J who averaged the most points gamewide with 118 and Riewoldt and Rockliff who both averaged 103. Anyone who averages above 90 up forward is a keeper, even 85.

AF: 1428 with 9 to come (Mitchell, Geary, Langford, Shiels, Tyson, Hickey, Roughead, Darling, Higgins)
RDT: 1388 with 8 + C to come (Mitchell, Suckling, Langford, Tyson, Ellis, Cox (c), Gunston, Higgins)

Solid enough start, though with the above Goldstein news am kicking myself for not picking Currie in RDT. Could be 1 trade down already
Wait until Currie is on the bubble, getting him in in rnd 2 if he's named is silly imo.

Watson-153
Ablett- 141
Barlow- 134
Cotchin- 127
Beams- 122
Johnson- 121
Swan- 97
Polec- 85

Avg. 122.5 per midfielder.

Didn't intend to go this heavy with midfielders but after each progressive lockout I found room.
Round 8 will be a mare going in with that midfield, but yeah it's been a great scoring round. I only got 2010 in rnd 1 last season looking at 2100+ at the moment.

My Langdon emergency score hasn't been added to my total score. Is anyone else having this issue or have they decided to add emg scores at the end of the round?

My Langdon emergency score hasn't been added to my total score. Is anyone else having this issue or have they decided to add emg scores at the end of the round?
FanHub has said it'll be at end of the round. I have Polec's 85 that I'm taking, so I like to think that hey, my ranking is better than it currently says :):D

Uggh, had Mcdonald on the field in real dt. Was hoping hed be able to post a 70 or an 80 to minimise the loss of having Langdon on bench. Just glad he put in a reasonable last quarter to gt to 53. Wasn't prepared to use the loophole and burn a trade next week just for the sake of a few points

Real DT 1090/11 with Mitchell, Suckling, Langford, Liberatore, Macrae, Tyson, Michie, Cox, Roughead, Gunston, Watts, Higgins to come
Fantasy
Fantasy 1382/ 14 with Mitchell, Suckling, Tyson, Ellis, Liberatore (C), Gunston, Roughead, Cox, Gunston

Fairly happy with where I it currently

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1891/17 + Captain. Mitchell, Suckling, Langford, Tyson and Higgins to come.

Top scores so far:
Watson 153
Barlow 134
Cotchin 127
Beams 122
Swallow 114
Mumford and Sandi 110.

Maybe 2100?

Uggh, had Mcdonald on the field in real dt. Was hoping hed be able to post a 70 or an 80 to minimise the loss of having Langdon on bench. Just glad he put in a reasonable last quarter to gt to 53. Wasn't prepared to use the loophole and burn a trade next week just for the sake of a few points

Real DT 1090/11 with Mitchell, Suckling, Langford, Liberatore, Macrae, Tyson, Michie, Cox, Roughead, Gunston, Watts, Higgins to come
Fantasy
Fantasy 1382/ 14 with Mitchell, Suckling, Tyson, Ellis, Liberatore (C), Gunston, Roughead, Cox, Gunston

Fairly happy with where I it currently

Nearly...

It annoys me when people deliberately downplay what they're going to get.
Im not, Am I missing something about Langford. I picked him to expect a 50-60 seeing I did have McDonald. Mitchell might get 80-90 and the rest im not sure about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back