No Oppo Supporters CAS hands down guilty verdict - Players appealing - Dank shot - no opposition - (cont in pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I certainly don't think we know if ASADA have the genuine intel to push for infractions. Think it is a guess either way, since none of us know the briefs.

But, I'd argue too, the Downes go ahead gives us no idea on the strength of the case either, he may say you have an arguable case.

At the end of the day Downes is not the one that gave the go ahead, that is purely McDevitt.

He was given a relatively light suspension. He was given a holiday in France, He got a very unnecessary contract extension. And for many Essendon supporters, his reputation has been enhanced by the whole situation. So yeah, his suffering has been minimal. I see he has a nice tan. For one reason or another, other personnel are no longer at the club. They seem easily forgotten.

The club has made far too many bad decisions over the last 7 or so years. I fully expect the club to continue this trend. The club brought this on themselves. Not the AFL, not ASADA, not Caro. We didn't play finals in 2012 or 2013. And yet we're supposed to want Hird to return as coach given everything that has transpired? I'd say the time is right for the club to employ a coach that has proven they have a sufficient aptitude to coach.

Yeah, being coerced by the club into not clearing his name (and Doc Reid is evidence that he would have cleared his name before the AFL risked having anyone appear under oath) is definitely getting off lightly.

Jesus, what planet are you on?

If there was enough evidence to hang the players ASADA would have them swinging from the gallows atm.
As it stands we have copped our whack from what should be ruled as an illegal investigation.

ASADA's credibility has suffered this year. If they had evidence they would have wrapped it up last year, the fact that they are dangling 6 month 'carrots' in front of the players faces in the hope one or more roll over smacks of desperation for me.
Throw in the SC notices (which dont need evidence) and then say you have all the evidence without actually making it avaliable and I really can't see them with any more cards to play

....so much evidence but

Spot on. ASADA don't wait around for the sake of it. If they had evidence, they'd have smashed us by now.

He was given a relatively light suspension. He was given a holiday in France, He got a very unnecessary contract extension. And for many Essendon supporters, his reputation has been enhanced by the whole situation. So yeah, his suffering has been minimal. I see he has a nice tan. For one reason or another, other personnel are no longer at the club. They seem easily forgotten.

I'd say at the time that it was very necessary to get a contract extension. Remember that Little was begging Hird to accept punishment to keep it out of court for the good of the game.

In other news, Nathan Bock has retired effective immediately.

I wonder if that's a coincidence...

Do you have Peter Harcourts number?

sweep_under_rug_21753183.jpg

Question

Do you think that Hamilton/Robson/Corcoran are innocent of all wrongdoing ? For me this seems to be the nub of the question - lets forget about the collateral damage and who cares if a player or two or 34 is suspended ?

I take it that the question is directed at me.

Yes, I think that Hamilton/Robson/Corcoran are innocent of any compliciity in use of illegal substances. The only wrongdoing they are guilty of is governance eg checking invoices, supervising Dank and Robinson more closely.
Are you trying to make some twisted argument that because they went, though not responsible, so should Hird and Thompson?

Not sure what you are getting at with the sarcasm re the collateral damage of players getting suspended.
But, I am not underselling the gravity of player suspensions, just saying it isn't Hird's or Thompson's fault if they are suspended. It is Dank and Robinson who would be at fault.

Flailing around sacking all in sight to make a clean start, irrespective of responsibility, is just dumb.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I asked this question in a round about way a while back. How do you think the good portion of supporters feel about Hird now? Is this situation uniting them behind him even more? Are they losing patience and about to turn? Or are they waiting until this legal stuff to pass before they make their mind up? Is the constant media barrage going to brainwash them in the end? What is the general feeling you reckon?

On another point: I know there are constraints but do you think we will see a public endorsement of Hird by the players at any stage?

We have a poll ( which of course is a guide ) which hardly suggests that one or two posters don't want Hird to return. Think the poll is running at 2/3 to 1/3 in favor of Hird returning.
How many of that third would be not wanting Hird to return because we have bomber?
A mate at work wants bomber to be head coach next year, happy for Hird to become Ass. Coach, which would make him one of that third

I asked this question in a round about way a while back. How do you think the good portion of supporters feel about Hird now? Is this situation uniting them behind him even more? Are they losing patience and about to turn? Or are they waiting until this legal stuff to pass before they make their mind up? Is the constant media barrage going to brainwash them in the end? What is the general feeling you reckon?

On another point: I know there are constraints but do you think we will see a public endorsement of Hird by the players at any stage?

How anyone could make up their mind before all is said and done is beyond me.

Seriously sick of most going off half-cocked without the full story.

How many of that third would be not wanting Hird to return because we have bomber?
A mate at work wants bomber to be head coach next year, happy for Hird to become Ass. Coach, which would make him one of that third

As if Bomber wasn't the head coach in all but name over the past few years anyways.

How anyone could make up their mind before all is said and done is beyond me.

Seriously sick of most going off half-cocked without the full story.

As if Bomber wasn't the head coach in all but name over the past few years anyways.
Agree we need to full story first, though I support Hird that pending.

Bomber no doubt be played a significant role, but I recall from players (Jobe in particular) that players had to question Bomber on coaching this season as he had become more and more distant to them, more and more hands off.

How many days or weeks would it take to read this thread from start to finish?

By finals time I reckon we will crack the 1000 page mark.

Tweeted by Auskadi this morning is an email directed to Little.

The claim seems that 3 people on the board are disgruntled, just not Madden on his own.

Essendon Football Club
275 Melrose Drive
Melbourne Airport VIC 3045
By email: generalenquiries@essendonfc.com.au
Attention: Mr Paul Little
29 July 2014
Dear Mr Little
James Hird
I have read with concern a report in media that the Board of the Essendon Football Club recently
deliberated the future of James Hird as Senior Coach of the Club in 2015 and 2016 .
Specifically, it has been reported that “Hird is understood to have lost the support of up to three
directors” of the Club.
I request that you circulate this letter to each member of the Board, to communicate the following
1 Each member of the Board needs to be reminded that they serve at the pleasure of the
members.
2 James Hird retains the overwhelming support of the membership of the Club. We regard him
as having exhibited commendable restraint in the face of a ceaselessly vindictive media
campaign bearing no proportion to the responsibility he bore for the events at the Club in
2011-2012, and the likes of which has never been directed at any sporting figure in public
life.
3 Any attempt by the Board or the Club to remove James Hird from his coaching position in
2015-16 will be met with the immediate requisition of an extraordinary general meeting to
spill the board and replace the directors authorising and/or failing to intervene against such
action.
4 I trust that you have confidentiality arrangements in place with each of the directors
covering the disclosure of Club business, including board deliberations. If not, they should be
implemented. In the event of continued disclosures of sensitive Club business to media, an
extraordinary resolution will be brought without further notice, with the view to having the
breaches of confidentiality investigated and –if appropriate– proceedings brought against
the offending directors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back