Review Round 19 - Sydney Swans vs Essendon - Match Discussion Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Towers looked overwhelmed against the Eagles, looked promising last week but tonight... He looked like a 24 year old athlete who was playing his first handful of games of footy at any level. I hope I'm wrong but he looks like a waste of space on our list at this stage. Great pace and agility for his height, good effort, terrible football ability.
I think he is done for the year in the seniors. Jones back in if Hanners isn't right

Thats pretty pathetic
With the way we've been going this year the crowds should be flocking in and packed tonight, i think alot of people take this success for granted because if we ever fall down you can bet your balls well see half what we got tonight, and what we got tonight is disappointing if you consider our season so far. Which is why I think the general Sydney public still don't realise how good we are.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought they ignored membreys leads a bit
Agreed. Went too much Goodes and Reid imo
Actually i think we got better as the last quarter wore on, our 3rd was our worst by far.
Also fell apart in the 3rd against Hawks. Boggy quarter or complacent at half time?

With the way we've been going this year the crowds should be flocking in and packed tonight, i think alot of people take this success for granted because if we ever fall down you can bet your balls well see half what we got tonight, and what we got tonight is disappointing if you consider our season so far. Which is why I think the general Sydney public still don't realise how good we are.

Well half this board dont

I mean more if u have a ticket but stay away because it is a bit windy

Soft

Pyke got his hands back tonight. Good to see him marking like we know he can

How far away is Derickx? Would like to see Pyke and Derickx in for a game and give Reid a spell for a bit

Oh no Derickx and Pyke cannot play in the same side period, also Derickx is out with a hamstring for a few weeks.

Pyke was huge tonight 50 hitouts played the complete game.

Free kick whinging is getting tiresome every time we play these pricks

Their fans need to accept they are middle of the road

Though i think we will take a hit in the power rankings
Swans are the best team in the comp IMO and we were lucky to lose by 22 points. Also lucky that Buddy was out. We are definitely a middle of the road side and didn't lose anything by losing to Sydney in Sydney. Not really shameful.

But I'll be honest. Our autopsy threads haven't looked like this all year except the two games vs Sydney. Why would we complain about a 50 and 22 point loss vs the best team in the comp instead of a 5, 9 and 1 point loss vs Hawthorn, Geelong and Melbourne? Umpires haven't cost us the game at all, but it really makes it hard watching Sydney vs Essendon games. That is why we're frustrated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back