Workshop 2015 AFL Jumper Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

Still. If Hawthorn wore white shorts against GWS in the full home, I'm convinced there'd be more than an adequate contrast between the two sides.
Nah, not when the whole back of one team is orange and the other is gold. A whole side of one jumper is almost the same colour as nearly the whole of the other.

Though when you apply the Collingwood/Carlton/Essendon/Richmond clash rules, I guess it works :p

Nah, not when the whole back of one team is orange and the other is gold. A whole side of one jumper is almost the same colour as nearly the whole of the other.

Though when you apply the Collingwood/Carlton/Essendon/Richmond clash rules, I guess it works :p
Sorry hitthepost, I disagree mate. Orange and yellow are very distinguishable.

Look at GWS vs Sydney though. Both teams lay in their full home kits all the time against one another

RD8-HAWvGWS.jpg

I know it's a closeup and a still and all that. But the whole back of GWS's jumper is the same colour as that yoke.
If clash jumpers are there to stop teams wearing similar-coloured kits, then that's gotta be one.

RD8-HAWvGWS.jpg

I know it's a closeup and a still and all that. But the whole back of GWS's jumper is the same colour as that yoke.
If clash jumpers are there to stop teams wearing similar-coloured kits, then that's gotta be one.
It is quite a light orange. Maybe a deeper orange needed?

RD8-HAWvGWS.jpg

UGH, I understand why the AFL would want to play it safe.

Plus, it's an interstate away game for both teams, so it's the norm to don an alternate strip.

I'm all for:
Red/Maroon/Orange clash
Orange/Gold/Yellow clash
Black/Navy/Purple clash
Navy/Purple/Royal clash
Maroon/Navy clash

Any colour that comprises more than 25% of a jumper is a "major colour" and if the away team's jumper has a shared major colour with the home team's jumper then you need a clash.

Those clashes annoy the hell out of me. Particularly Collingwood who never seem to wear their original design in Melbourne anymore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

UGH, I understand why the AFL would want to play it safe.

Plus, it's an interstate away game for both teams, so it's the norm to don an alternate strip.
Unless it's at the MCG like this year (albeit Indigenous Round) or Hawthorn's eventual first-ever trip to Sydney Showgrounds in the year 3120.

BTW, That picture was for a Hawthorn home game. They sell them to Launceston. Their name is first on the matchup. They get the advertising rights of a home team.

Those clashes annoy the hell out of me. Particularly Collingwood who never seem to wear their original design in Melbourne anymore
If you made your original guernsey your clash top, and decided to claim your new guernsey as your "traditional guernsey" and consider clash tops to me "dress-up", you wouldn't wear your original guernsey either.

Prison Bar inverse (which Port should wear away vs South/Norwood/Glenelg/West) could still have a number panel, but it would look a bit silly, but it could give an homage to the number panel:
2ebrazq.jpg
2wlyntt.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back