Workshop Jumper Ideas For 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time using a template I've made myself. I think it might be time to upgrade to an Illustrator program of some sort. Are there any good free ones out there?

For those of you that don't know, when they conceived the idea of a 2nd Sydney team the "Sydney Celtics" was an idea floated around for awhile. Here's a GWS Sydney Celtics guernsey.
View attachment 1916830

For those of you that don't know, when they conceived the idea of a 2nd Sydney team the "Sydney Celtics" was an idea floated around for awhile. Here's a GWS Sydney Celtics guernsey.
View attachment 1916857
made a celtics concept a while back, won't put it in here as this is for new jumpers not concepts

oh no hard work and learning my biggest weakness
marge simpson kitchen GIF

Only thing I will say about Inkscape is that it can have a big learning curve. Other than that, it's pretty good for a freeby
Inkscape is good for a freebie like you say. I used it for a few years but I have gone back to PS. I still use Inkscape to design logos sometimes though.
oh no hard work and learning my biggest weakness
There's a channel on Youtube called Logos by Nick. He has put together plenty of really good tutorials for Inkscape and other freeware graphic design programs. If you do get Inkscape you should definitely check him out!

This would have to be the perfect comprimise for Port supporters.

You get your prison bars, but you include ALL of your AFL licence colours...

View attachment 1917918
Looks vastly inferior to the black and white version. I did think a navy variation looked better than a teal version, although, still inferior to the original black and white version.
mock.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This would have to be the perfect comprimise for Port supporters.

You get your prison bars, but you include ALL of your AFL licence colours...

View attachment 1917918
why not white bars and fill the top in teal a combo of the magpies pbs kit and first afl kit which both had premierships won in

why not white bars and fill the top in teal a combo of the magpies pbs kit and first afl kit which both had premierships won in

I'm not a massive fan of the teal being a dominant colour (base colour), much rather it as a feature colour.

Having it this way keeps the historic structure of the jumper as a whole, making one solitary change.

That change includes the teal that the old PAM didn't have.
It also avoids any chance Collingwood have of trying to block the jumper.

If we accept the prison bars as they have been known will continue to get knocked back (not saying I agree with it, or it should, that's a whole diff argument), then this would have to be the closest and cleanest version you could come up with.

I do understand some PAM supporters are the old prison bars or nothing, and I have no problem with that view either, but again for those happy to comprimise, sure this version is the best option?

why did he strongly emphasise "ALL your AFL colors" but miss 1 of the 2 AFL colors? lol

I do understand some PAM supporters are the old prison bars or nothing, and I have no problem with that view either, but again for those happy to comprimise, sure this version is the best option?

those people don't exist mate that's what the outside don't get

Even if you ignore the historical connection as to why we don’t want an altered version of the jumper, that just simply wouldn’t look as good. The bars look best when they’re the standalone design element, and with black and white as the colours, there’s heaps of contrast. When you add teal to the mix, that catches the eye rather than the design which should be the focal point.
Also symbolically it doesn’t make much sense to put teal above the bars - the bars are supposed to represent the pylons of the wharf in Port Adelaide, while the colour teal is supposed to represent the water in the Port River. Put that teal on top of the bars and you have a jumper that both loses the connection to the history, but also symbolises the wharf being sunk, not really the right vibe for a team that’s proud of its roots and community.

why did he strongly emphasise "ALL your AFL colors" but miss 1 of the 2 AFL colors? lol

those people don't exist mate that's what the outside don't get
1 - I got 3 out of 4, happy to say I didn't think the silver was an official colour, more an alternate strip colour, and happy to admit I was wrong there.

2 - having lived in Adelaide, I can tell you I have had this discussion with die hard Port fans, and they certainly exist!!! I would say they are just more happy than others to accept that moving into a different league meant slight changes, one of those including the colour teal, and it's a way to actually bring the heritage and past into the future.

what about a pink/majenta prison bars jumper, would actually truely acknowledge your 'tradition' given you wore pink then majenta for a large part of your foundational years???

I'm not a massive fan of the teal being a dominant colour (base colour), much rather it as a feature colour.

Having it this way keeps the historic structure of the jumper as a whole, making one solitary change.

That change includes the teal that the old PAM didn't have.
It also avoids any chance Collingwood have of trying to block the jumper.

If we accept the prison bars as they have been known will continue to get knocked back (not saying I agree with it, or it should, that's a whole diff argument), then this would have to be the closest and cleanest version you could come up with.

I agree with it being an acent colour but of that was the case maybe teal collar and cuffs I would not make the bars them selves teal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back