Past #24: Levi Greenwood - officially traded to Collingwood FC for pick 25 (2014) - retires rd16 2021 due to concussion symptoms - go well Pig

Remove this Banner Ad

wot exactly is Levi doing
tonites paper says Pies and dogs offers!?

hardly flag contenders at this point

getting a bit greedy IMO

I feel better that we've upped and lengthened our offer. But I am literally checking this forum a very 10 minutes for news. I am having nightmares about Pig in the Magpie huddle after a win singing their song arm in arm with Swan and Sidebottom. I am feeling nauseous and quite ill.

I feel better that we've upped and lengthened our offer. But I am literally checking this forum a very 10 minutes for news. I am having nightmares about Pig in the Magpie huddle after a win singing their song arm in arm with Swan and Sidebottom. I am feeling nauseous and quite ill.

So do I, now

Gross

wall-074.jpg

Where is the dislike button?

Looks like Toes' life is on the line now too. As my mentor in mod school It'll be sad to see you go but if scoopy goes...so must you.

Lesson 1,003 - shooting messengers leads to a lack of future messages being broadcast.

Relax y'all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lesson 1,003 - shooting messengers leads to a lack of future messages being broadcast.

Relax y'all.

I'd like to say I coudn't agree more TT but it seriously looks like he's leaving for the money. How long does it take to agree to a deal that he's clearly been over paid for in the last few years, its a good deal so just take it for 2 years.

I dont care what you lot say. I'm convinced now that he's after the cash and the fact that we have carried him for the past 6 years doesnt mean nothing anymore.

Last edited:
What part of "it's very close to being done" and "I'm confident he'll re-sign" do you find stressful? It's the same here every year. It'll be done when it's done, or it won't, and we'll part ways and receive some sort of trade in exchange. I don't get the angst. It's almost 2am Sunday morning. I'll personally be relaxed about it, confident he wants to stay and knowing the club's close to getting that done, until I hear concrete info to the contrary.

At least give it the weekend before worrying.

really really hope TT is right

keeping Levi is vital for the period outside of the "window" that the club seems to be pitching for…. I am very nervous we are loading up for the next two years with a cliff looming

Levi is a potential captain over the following rebuild period[/QUOT

Personally don't see a cliff. In 3 years time well lose say boomer, Petrie, Waite, firrito, grima, and probably dal and wellsy.....I have enough faith in the development of our list for natural progression.

I'd like to say I coudn't agree more TT but it seriously looks like he's leaving for the money. How long does it take to agree to a deal that he's clearly been over paid for in the last few years, its a good deal so just take it for 2 years.

I dont care what you lot say. I'm convinced now that he's after the cash and the fact that we have carried him for the past 6 years doesnt mean nothing anymore.

What is this carried him crap? If you ever watch him train you would know he has busted his arse from day one to play AFL for whatever reason he was not picked in front of others. I dare say had Swallow not been injured you would not have seen what you now know he brings to the table.

He is after more money or more time on the contract just like 100% of people who look to sign on, lets not single him out.

This is a job where contracts are job security l begrudge no man for looking for a better deal for himself.

Last edited:
Greenwood's year was outstanding and I want him to stay.

But I don't want the club verging into Urquart Mark II territory to keep him. Three years and a bit of a extra spending money is worth it.

If Greenwood turned down 'more money from elsewhere' he'd join a list of North players currently on our list about a dozen long.

Gibson left for more money and scored two flags in the process. I don't see any of the teams after him looking like playing finals next year - bar possibly Richmond.

It's up to him.

What part of "it's very close to being done" and "I'm confident he'll re-sign" do you find stressful? It's the same here every year. It'll be done when it's done, or it won't, and we'll part ways and receive some sort of trade in exchange. I don't get the angst. It's almost 2am Sunday morning. I'll personally be relaxed about it, confident he wants to stay and knowing the club's close to getting that done, until I hear concrete info to the contrary.

At least give it the weekend before worrying.
Hi TT, I'll explain where the stress is coming from. But first some history: when Gibson left I thought **** off you're a tool. When Hale left I remember at the time that my brother I thought he had collapsing, jellyfish arms so no angst. When Hamish left I remember he'd been cold to my daughters and I at a family day and that had really put me off. But with Levi it feels like a son or daughter who is marrying too young, for the wrong reasons and to someone you despise. You can't control it but you also can't sleep. Your inside gossip from the Syd Barker night did make me feel better though.

Last edited:
I really don't get why anyone would stressing or worrying about this.

Hopefully he stays, that would great. If he goes we will still have a list of 40. Someone will take his spot. It will be Levi's loss if he moves more than the club's. He'll be giving up a great opportunity for success.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back