Discussion on Pick #14 - Jake Lever

Remove this Banner Ad

ZVxAFhe.gif
It's a shame Lonie got hurt, but I bloody loved that play from him. Didn't hesitate for a second.

Kelly and Lever must play every game now. It's about their development, not about winning one or two extra games.
As long as they don't burn out then I'd play them for the rest of the year. They both need to be put under AFL pressure to help their development I'd say. I don't think spending any time in the SANFL is gonna be a huge boost to them if they're still keeping their heads above water at AFL level.

I reckon looking at who we have to come in to play those roles Lever and Kelly play on their own merit and not just for development.

Lever is ahead if Hartigan/Pods (Pods cant.defend) now and Otten/Shaw are injured.

As the season gets on they may tire though.

Thats a good teaching tool in itself. It teaches how much harder they have to work next pre season, instead of being complacent to just coast along.

Chatted with a lad yesterday regarding the #10 pick. Played most of his junior footy with Nakia. He said he is a Crows fan and was hoping to get picked up by us. Then also remembered Nth Melb. Interesting about us though.
Nakia certainly held in high regard he commented on his centre clearance ability to slot a 60m goal.
I get a bit so so with some juniors of late. I still have the Tambling hangover.
I am fully sober with our #14 Lever pick. He is so what we need.

Chatted with a lad yesterday regarding the #10 pick. Played most of his junior footy with Nakia. He said he is a Crows fan and was hoping to get picked up by us. Then also remembered Nth Melb. Interesting about us though.
Nakia certainly held in high regard he commented on his centre clearance ability to slot a 60m goal.
I get a bit so so with some juniors of late. I still have the Tambling hangover.
I am fully sober with our #14 Lever pick. He is so what we need.

There was an article pre-draft where Nakia was holding a port jumper, saying he wanted to play for port.

http://www.ntnews.com.au/sport/loca...ort-on-draft-day/story-fnk2to87-1227099936838

#Elite

(Am I the only one who expects this to at least get looked at? He won't get suspended because he got the ball first, but it wouldn't surprise me.)

I dont think anything will come of it. If they try to sanction Lever it will be an absolute farce. He had eyes only for the ball and Lonie balked at the last second and went for the tackle.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I dont think anything will come of it. If they try to sanction Lever it will be an absolute farce. He had eyes only for the ball and Lonie balked at the last second and went for the tackle.

He won't get games. It'll be "he had no alternative". I'm just saying it'll likely be looked at because Lonie was concussed.

If he gets games/fined, we riot.

#Elite

(Am I the only one who expects this to at least get looked at? He won't get suspended because he got the ball first, but it wouldn't surprise me.)
Do they still automatically look at any concussion incident regardless?

#Elite

They will look at it because it resulted in a concussion however a look is all it will get

It's a shame Lonie got hurt, but I bloody loved that play from him. Didn't hesitate for a second.

As long as they don't burn out then I'd play them for the rest of the year. They both need to be put under AFL pressure to help their development I'd say. I don't think spending any time in the SANFL is gonna be a huge boost to them if they're still keeping their heads above water at AFL level.

Both their kicking yesterday was pretty bad, especially Kelly's. Lucky for Kelly Jaenche will be out for a LONG time hence making him more needed.

Kicking was always the biggest knock on Kelly, so I'm sure it's something they're putting a lot of work into.
It's not as bad as Talia but it's not great that's for sure.

Talia is comfortably the worst kick in our team.

Guys like this just need to know their limitations and don't try stupid stuff. With Jaensch out it looks like Mackay will be back in the back lines for a while. If he doesn't work I'd like to see Grigg given a shot back there as the 7th defender…can you imagine the creativity and spearing passing breaking the press/zones?! He had an excellent game at HF (would've been better if not for terrible decision making from team mates who ignored him way too often) but could be a massive weapon back there. If not Grigg, Kerridge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back