Welcome Welcome to Adelaide: Charlie Edwards - Pick 21

Remove this Banner Ad

Hamish said last night that Edwards was very keen to join Adelaide and wanted us to pick him, which is exactly what you want to hear.

I hope he does get the 23 and I can't wait to put his number on the back of my Guernsey šŸ¤©
Hasnt it been reserved for indigenous players though? McLeod, Petrenko, CC, Mc Adam

Edwards wouldn't have been aware of that. Personally I would like to see that tradition remain. Perhaps Rankine moves into it even??>.

A lot of these kids are basketball fans. 23 was Michael Jordanā€™s number. Itā€™s possible that Charlie knows that Macca wore 23, but also quite likely he doesnā€™t
These kids wouldā€™ve been brought up with LeBron more than MJ to be fair, but the number 23 still applies lol

Welcome to the future

About to be more common place

Rucks are going to be 205-210cm eg Goad 208cm and still growing

Curtin will start in defence but his versatility is a massive weapon and will be used , the difference between him and some others with midfield projection is heā€™s actually done it at an elite level in big games ( vic metro / SA ) Heā€™s done it well through movement , mobility and game sense more than size too

Not sure he makes a great key defender for big key forwards as he plays more like a hybrid player

A taller Jordan Dawson
Gee..curtin, hinge and worrell are 3 quality intercepters. Leaving keane, murray (when recovered) & butts as the options to take the big key forwards. michalanney and Jones can do the lockdown job and nankervis, milera rebound.

Edwards may also start life across half back or maybe half forward, but hoping within a season he is banking midfield minutes

Hamish said last night that Edwards was very keen to join Adelaide and wanted us to pick him, which is exactly what you want to hear.

I hope he does get the 23 and I can't wait to put his number on the back of my Guernsey šŸ¤©
Itā€™s been reserved for indigenous players since Macca but Iā€™d like it to go to someone who sticks around and has a long and successful career with the club

A lot of these kids are basketball fans. 23 was Michael Jordanā€™s number. Itā€™s possible that Charlie knows that Macca wore 23, but also quite likely he doesnā€™t
Don't think we should make any number exclusively indigenous.
We've had many great indigenous players, every player should make their own legacy.

18 - Johncock, Bond and Betts
23 - McLeod, Petrenko, Cameron
30 - Milera

What % of mids are 197cm+, thatā€™s whatā€™s statistically significant. I hope he becomes an elite mid, we need them. Gut feel is that our need results in every high pick we get becomes a future mid, even if theyā€™ve rarely played there.
Connor Nash is about the only 1 I can think of. Also pretty young and raw. Hawks fans seems to love him though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We now have one of the very best young lists going around and the window is well open for the next 6-8 years for top 4 pushing for flags .
2026 get on us .

If Tex has another year like 2023 then there is no reason we can't contend for flags from next year, I reckon. Assuming the organic growth is consistent across the list, we should be pushing top four.

We now have one of the very best young lists going around and the window is well open for the next 6-8 years for top 4 pushing for flags .
2026 get on us .
I agree ....

Pedlar
Thilthorpe
Rankine
Rachele
Dawson
Laird
Jones
Soligo
Michalanney
Hinge
Fogarty
Milera

That's an elite list .....and then add Curtin, C.Edwards, Murray, Welsh and Petty .....it's pretty salivating

Welcome to the future

About to be more common place

Rucks are going to be 205-210cm eg Goad 208cm and still growing

Curtin will start in defence but his versatility is a massive weapon and will be used , the difference between him and some others with midfield projection is heā€™s actually done it at an elite level in big games ( vic metro / SA ) Heā€™s done it well through movement , mobility and game sense more than size too

Not sure he makes a great key defender for big key forwards as he plays more like a hybrid player

A taller Jordan Dawson
He'd be wasted playing at FB.
I agree ....

Pedlar
Thilthorpe
Rankine
Rachele
Dawson
Laird
Jones
Soligo
Michalanney
Hinge
Fogarty
Milera

That's an elite list .....and then add Curtin, C.Edwards, Murray, Welsh and Petty .....it's pretty salivating
Yes, it's all preparation, coaching, and teamwork from there.

2026 get on us .

No reason we canā€™t jump high up the ladder in 2024.

I want Tex to win a flag - letā€™s get it done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back