Welcome Welcome to Adelaide - Chris Burgess!

Remove this Banner Ad

Should be almost free.

Probably something like Burgess + F4 pick for a F3 pick.

Otherwise, he can be steak knives in whatever deal we can do for 10 or 17.
That’s the way I interpreted the GC list manager, he said we are looking at pick swaps with Adelaide and he will be part of that.

Hopefully now we have good Doedee compo locked in we can move on this pretty fast.

I thought Robert Shaw did a good job of list management.

Up until this moment...
Robert Shaw's recruiting setup 1997/98 - he was excellent in that area

I have always suspected the Hodges selection was more about having bargaining power the following year when Port Adelaide entered the comp. I assume they intended to use him as a trade to access some of the talent Port had been hoarding.

In the end we only traded him for Tim Cook and Aaron Keating.

David Brown was traded for Nick Laidlaw, and the following year we traded Brett Chalmers for Ian Downsborough

Welcome Chris Burgess!!

Considering the draft is shallow, quite a good deal.
Welcome to the club Catch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also just thinking how short we got in the reserves, and that we were one injury to Borlase or Keane away from not being able to field a defence I keep thinking this is a good, necessary idea.

If we are planning to be a finals threat, which is presumably the plan, you need to have a bloke like Burgess who isn't going to play 23 games, but if you lose any of Tex/Fog/Gollant/Murray/Butts/Keane for 4-6 weeks can come in and give you a reasonable percentage of their output at short notice.

He seems to fit that bill.

Also just thinking how short we got in the reserves, and that we were one injury to Borlase or Keane away from not being able to field a defence I keep thinking this is a good, necessary idea.

If we are planning to be a finals threat, which is presumably the plan, you need to have a bloke like Burgess who isn't going to play 23 games, but if you lose any of Tex/Fog/Gollant/Murray/Butts/Keane for 4-6 weeks can come in and give you a reasonable percentage of their output at short notice.

He seems to fit that bill.
…and might even surprise. Has won the frosty 2 years in a row which is no mean feat. Hardly the spud the usual negative nellys on here are saying

…and might even surprise. Has won the frosty 2 years in a row which is no mean feat. Hardly the spud the usual negative nellys on here are saying

Completely agree.

His high watermark would be if you chucked him in a dominant side at full forward he could give a club a couple of years similar to Podsiadly at Geelong.

That won't be him at the AFC though.

Completely agree.

His high watermark would be if you chucked him in a dominant side at full forward he could give a club a couple of years similar to Podsiadly at Geelong.

That won't be him at the AFC though.
Why the hell not ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back