Player Watch Mark Keane - Welcome to Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

That mark he took at the end was so composed, he doesn't panic under pressure. Tough bastard as well, got hit heavily in that came and copped a wack in the nose with bloody streaming out later on.

Him and Murray are going to be a bloody good pairing.

He's been an excellent pick-up. Pretty impressive footskills too for a guy who grew up kicking a round ball. Another reminder to stop spending 1st round picks on tall defenders.

That mark he took at the end was so composed, he doesn't panic under pressure. Tough bastard as well, got hit heavily in that came and copped a wack in the nose with bloody streaming out later on.

The Mighty Ducks Fist Bump GIF

It was brilliant and then the look immediately after "wtf do I do now".

Love the big Irishman. An unexpected surprise. Love his aggression.

Most improved for the year so far... as one of the few players not to have a poor game.

Pleasantly surprised that he has taken many of the kicking in duties - good decision making & skills for someone brought up on a round ball.

Hard as nails & for me now confirms he has passed Butts for when Murray is available.

I love that he had the composure to actually go for the mark despite being 3rd in line in the contest. I guess the percentage thing to do in that situation would be to spoil, but that risks creating a loose ball for the opposition to pounce on. Obviously it wouldn't have been in issue since the siren would have sounded anyway, but he wouldn't have known exactly how many seconds were on the clock. Take the mark and you can burn down the rest of the clock.

I love defenders having the confidence to take an intercept mark rather than spoiling every time (and don't even get me started on the 2-fisted spoil - if you can get 2 hands on it then mark the damn thing! :p).

I love that he had the composure to actually go for the mark despite being 3rd in line in the contest. I guess the percentage thing to do in that situation would be to spoil, but that risks creating a loose ball for the opposition to pounce on. Obviously it wouldn't have been in issue since the siren would have sounded anyway, but he wouldn't have known exactly how many seconds were on the clock. Take the mark and you can burn down the rest of the clock.

I love defenders having the confidence to take an intercept mark rather than spoiling every time (and don't even get me started on the 2-fisted spoil - if you can get 2 hands on it then mark the damn thing! :p).
I'm used to our defenders missing the ball and taking out other players. Hartigan would have 100% given a free away there, while Murray would have concussed Dawson.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah Butts is struggling it appears. Is he playing injured? Always looks hampered like Talia did in his latter career. However he's the one who usually gets a monster to cover.

Injury prone and lacking the skills which is sad.

Most improved for the year so far... as one of the few players not to have a poor game.

Pleasantly surprised that he has taken many of the kicking in duties - good decision making & skills for someone brought up on a round ball.

Hard as nails & for me now confirms he has passed Butts for when Murray is available.

He’s able to pick out ROB pretty well and find long options with good accuracy, as well as get the short passes too.
Perhaps the only thing he needs to work on is tackling?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He’s able to pick out ROB pretty well and find long options with good accuracy, as well as get the short passes too.
Perhaps the only thing he needs to work on is tackling?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

His 1 on 1 defending isn’t what you’d like, it’s a problem

But he’s physical and is effective when playing off the contest as last man up. Not mobile enough to be a real interceptor, bit reads the flight of the ball well.

Great hands overhead

There’s definitely a role for him, and I think when Murray comes back (a not dissimilar player) they might be able to switch and help each other effectively

I’d rather a 3 man key front of Murray Keane & Worrell (he’s developing nicely) rather than have Butts in there; but one of them needs to be able to play close and negate.

But he’s physical and is effective when playing off the contest as last man up. Not mobile enough to be a real interceptor, bit reads the flight of the ball well.

Great hands overhead

There’s definitely a role for him, and I think when Murray comes back (a not dissimilar player) they might be able to switch and help each other effectively

I’d rather a 3 man key front of Murray Keane & Worrell (he’s developing nicely) rather than have Butts in there; but one of them needs to be able to play close and negate.

Hasn't Keane essentially beaten all of the forwards he has been lined up on this year? I trust him a lot more than Butts one on one tbh. Butts drops his head when he gets beaten and has NFI with the ball in his hands.

Great hands overhead

Murray a not dissimilar player lol. Murray has one of the best contested defensive loss record of KPD in the AFL.

1713175001594.png

I actually don't agree with that anymore, blokes a total liability anytime I see him play.

He strikes me as someone who is your 3rd tall. When Murray comes back, Keane can move to the next best tall forward and Butts the 3rd. That will probably find a better balance within our defensive unit as well. And then we can Worrell, Hinge and Max around them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back