Welcome Welcome to Adelaide - Chris Burgess!

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn’t matter the subject. Being into and doing are separate terms

You suggested he was doing the doing
I think I just didn't know the correct meaning...

Did somebody say KFC?

Anyway, welcome Chris Burgess. I hope you're enjoying the thread...

One thing you do notice from the vision of him is he’s actually built very similar to Mitch McGovern.

Also has a bit of a high traps/hunch back which means a shorter neck so has a tall body so his heights relative…

Imagine if Burgess wanted to check out what crows fans were saying about him..
Why are they so interested in how I hang out the washing?

Think New Amsterdam GIF by NBC

Not enough love for Burgess imo :)

Life-long Crows fan Burgess relishing Crows call-up

Back home in SA, Chris Burgess is pinching himself at the chance to wear his childhood team’s colours.

“It’s good to be back in Adelaide, it was always the plan to try and come back with footy,” Burgess told AFC Media.

“I grew up a Crows fan watching Sloane and Walker as a teenager so now to be sharing a changeroom and training with them every day is a pretty cool feeling.

“I had season tickets as a kid so it’s pretty cool to now be in the guernsey.”

The versatile key position player joined Adelaide from the Gold Coast during the 2023 AFL Trade Period after 36 games for the Suns.

During his time in Queensland, he showed his ability to play both ends of the ground, highlighted by winning the past two Jim ‘Frosty’ Miller Medals (VFL leading goal kicker).

Now back in Adelaide the 28-year-old has enjoyed getting to know his teammates, already taking part in training sessions during the offseason.

“I came two weeks ago before preseason started and trained out at Karen Rolton with a bunch of the boys,” he said.

“I got to hangout with them there and then grab a few coffees afterwards, so I’ve got to know the boys really well.

“All the coaches and all the players have been awesome so can’t complain.”

Ahead of his first season at West Lakes, Burgess said his goal for the 2024 season was to play as much AFL footy as possible.

“That’s the plan, play as much AFL footy as I can here, and help the team as much as I can,” Burgess said.

“I’m definitely looking forward to playing at Adelaide Oval, I’ve heard a lot of good things.

“I’ve played one game there against the Crows when it was packed out and it was a pretty cool atmosphere.

“To be on the other end of that would be pretty cool.”

WEB-burgess.png

Not enough love for Burgess imo :)

Life-long Crows fan Burgess relishing Crows call-up

Back home in SA, Chris Burgess is pinching himself at the chance to wear his childhood team’s colours.

“It’s good to be back in Adelaide, it was always the plan to try and come back with footy,” Burgess told AFC Media.

“I grew up a Crows fan watching Sloane and Walker as a teenager so now to be sharing a changeroom and training with them every day is a pretty cool feeling.

“I had season tickets as a kid so it’s pretty cool to now be in the guernsey.”

The versatile key position player joined Adelaide from the Gold Coast during the 2023 AFL Trade Period after 36 games for the Suns.

During his time in Queensland, he showed his ability to play both ends of the ground, highlighted by winning the past two Jim ‘Frosty’ Miller Medals (VFL leading goal kicker).

Now back in Adelaide the 28-year-old has enjoyed getting to know his teammates, already taking part in training sessions during the offseason.

“I came two weeks ago before preseason started and trained out at Karen Rolton with a bunch of the boys,” he said.

“I got to hangout with them there and then grab a few coffees afterwards, so I’ve got to know the boys really well.

“All the coaches and all the players have been awesome so can’t complain.”

Ahead of his first season at West Lakes, Burgess said his goal for the 2024 season was to play as much AFL footy as possible.

“That’s the plan, play as much AFL footy as I can here, and help the team as much as I can,” Burgess said.

“I’m definitely looking forward to playing at Adelaide Oval, I’ve heard a lot of good things.

“I’ve played one game there against the Crows when it was packed out and it was a pretty cool atmosphere.

“To be on the other end of that would be pretty cool.”

WEB-burgess.png
Could this be a bit of a Podsiadly story in terms of hitting his straps as an AFL player in his late 20's?..lets hope so!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could this be a bit of a Podsiadly story in terms of hitting his straps as an AFL player in his late 20's?..lets hope so!!!

I think Adelaide is the wrong club for that to happen.

May have had a shot somewhere that's KPF poor though, but this one is going to require a few injuries.

His move here still feels an odd fit - other than him getting to come back to Adelaide, there doesn’t appear a spot for him forward or back.

Would’ve been a better chance at playing AFL with a club like Hawthorn or Richmond.

But, I’m happy to have him as mature depth given we want to win, now.

All this talk about him playing back but I think what’s been forgotten is Elliot Himmelberg’s manager already came out at the end of the trade period and said Himmelberg wants to play as a defender next year, so which one of those two play forward or back could be interesting to see early on especially considering both players probably prefer to play somewhere the coach doesn't want them to play…

I know the old adage failed forwards make good defenders but I can’t quite envisage a world where Elliot Himmelberg ends up being a capable AFL defender.

All this talk about him playing back but I think what’s been forgotten is Elliot Himmelberg’s manager already came out at the end of the trade period and said Himmelberg wants to play as a defender next year, so which one of those two play forward or back could be interesting to see early on especially considering both players probably prefer to play somewhere the coach doesn't want them to play…

I know the old adage failed forwards make good defenders but I can’t quite envisage a world where Elliot Himmelberg ends up being a capable AFL defender.

Himmelberg is done. Won't be on our list next year.
I can't see where he would be capable anywhere.

Chris Burgess form at reserves level as a forward is miles ahead of anything Himmelberg has ever done, so it's obvious Burgess should be played as a forward.

Himmelberg is a dead man walking, doesn't really matter where he plays so chuck him in defense, he can spud it up for a bit then delist him

Himmelberg is done. Won't be on our list next year.
I can't see where he would be capable anywhere.
Super strange we didn't and he didn't demand a trade.

He's not done, he is just behind a few in the pecking order and won't get a game. He has had some ripping games and is surely good enough to get regular games somewhere. Super strange.

Super strange we didn't and he didn't demand a trade.

He's not done, he is just behind a few in the pecking order and won't get a game. He has had some ripping games and is surely good enough to get regular games somewhere. Super strange.

He is right at the back of it. For a bloke of his size, he is soft.
He is Brad Moran MK II

Chris Burgess form at reserves level as a forward is miles ahead of anything Himmelberg has ever done, so it's obvious Burgess should be played as a forward.

Himmelberg is a dead man walking, doesn't really matter where he plays so chuck him in defense, he can spud it up for a bit then delist him
Burgess can pinch hit Ruck as well.

A bit like Finlayson.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back