Unofficial Preview Early Thoughts - Round 14 vs Port Adelaide - SCG Thurday Night Football

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
does all fired up play in anyone elses head when they read Tedeski postings

It's refreshing, I like a variety of views on the board, both positive and negative.

He’s looking likely at this stage, it’s probably more likely than not at this stage,” Harley said.

“We’re having a run under the lights and Mike will obviously be part of that session and assessed.

Should try training rather than running around under lights

Seems likely but not too likely

Bet Harley has just right for breakfast

OUT: Franklin, Tippett, Jones
IN: Nankervis, Hewitt, Jack

Love Jones, but that lesson needs to be reinforced. Why should Hewitt have to continue to wait when Jones blows his opportunity like that? Give Pyke another week. If not 100%, get him 100% because God knows we need him fit. BJ has earned his recall. Make Benny win the spot off him.

To a degree yes, but I like to view it as surely we can't play any worse. Tippett and Buddy having a week off is good, they need it anyway (I just wish it wasn't in the same game). Plus we just looked flat after a bye, it happens, we aren't the only team to look flat.

How can they need time off after playing half a season and having a bye?

They are professional athletes.

How can they need time off after playing half a season and having a bye?

They are professional athletes.

From carrying the team for too long. They just looked a bit tired last week just from an observation that is all.

I will start a fundraiser to get you a tv so you dont have to rely on stats

Shaw was woeful
Very generous SS. I'm touched (and not in a pervy old man getting a quick feel kind of way), but maybe you ought to keep it for yourself and invite Punts over. Did you know that the footy's shown in colour these days ? Bloody marvellous eh ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Edited it for you : "In my opinion" SS's opinion and that of a pimply 14 yr old debutant, Shaw was shocking, so just suck it up.

I think even Rhyce Shaw would admit he was terrible

Very generous SS. I'm touched (and not in a pervy old man getting a quick feel kind of way), but maybe you ought to keep it for yourself and invite Punts over. Did you know that the footy's shown in colour these days ? Bloody marvellous eh ?

Least i didnt tell you to suck it up :p

Id love to watch the footy with punts, he knows footy

Naismith, Nanky, Alliiiiir or Rose ? A ruck/forward would seem to be a logical replacement for Tippet. Maybe Naismith in for Tippet, Reid playing more in the Buddy role and Allliiiiir in Reid's role with Reid playing in defence when Port have the momentum (e.g. the entire 3rd quarter)

Naismith and Rose are injured. Nankervis is the most like-for-like replacement for Tippett.

Edited it for you : "In my opinion" SS's opinion and that of a pimply 14 yr old debutant, Shaw was shocking, so just suck it up.

Surely bungee you have to acknowledge his turnovers are starting to cost us? I love what he has given us over the years but you have to admit he's pretty much done.

Surely bungee you have to acknowledge his turnovers are starting to cost us? I love what he has given us over the years but you have to admit he's pretty much done.
Too much is being made of it by a few. Shaw's still got pace and he's paid to take risks to launch our attack from HB. If he attacks it may pay off, if he plays it safe we're bottled in. He turns it over no more than our other defenders and they all turn it over less than our midfield going inside 50.

Too much is being made of it by a few. Shaw's still got pace and he's paid to take risks to launch our attack from HB. If he attacks it may pay off, if he plays it safe we're bottled in. He turns it over no more than our other defenders and they all turn it over less than our midfield going inside 50.

Don't get me wrong I fully understand where you're coming from but the fact is he has still been costing us goals, I know what he adds to the team but he was always going to cop criticism on here.

Least i didnt tell you to suck it up :p

Id love to watch the footy with punts, he knows footy
He's not the first punt to tell me to suck it up.

You two would have the screen fogged up in minutes with voluptuous steamy mutual agreement

Don't get me wrong I fully understand where you're coming from but the fact is he has still been costing us goals, I know what he adds to the team but he was always going to cop criticism on here.
I think a lack of midfield pressure is usually where the goals start going against us. Our defence is admirable under the conditions.

I think a lack of midfield pressure is usually where the goals start going against us. Our defence is admirable under the conditions.

I don't want to bag our side too much as like Punts said in another thread they are a hard working group most of the time, our defence usually holds up pretty well but their brain farts are so frustrating.

The last month or so theres no way is not leading turnovers, turnover that lead to goals

But its academic he is safe

I don't want to bag our side too much as like Punts said in another thread they are a hard working group most of the time, our defence usually holds up pretty well but their brain farts are so frustrating.
All of our players work hard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back