Review Good, Bad and Ugly v Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. We can all see Smith isn't in career best form, but he took the game on today and was a long way from our worst player.
He was non-existent in the first half, but his second half was encouraging. Hopefully, onwards and upwards from here because we desperately need a firing Smith.

19 year old playing KPD at sub 90 kilos, what a champ.

Nakia who?

I like Nakia, but I think we have something special in Lever.

Lever plays with so much poise and confidence that goes beyond his age and experience. He reads the play well, knows where to be and when, doesn't panic under pressure, can hit a target by foot even at long distance, is fiercely competitive, and a natural leader. There's just so much to like about him!

Does 'Out of bounds on the full' get added to the free kick count? Because they had about 10 today and would explain why the count is so close.

We have a 100% winning record since dropping VB, I think we can improve on that percentage by dropping Wright and Mackay.

Improve on 100%?

60398491.jpg

Lever plays with so much poise and confidence that goes beyond his age and experience. He reads the play well, knows where to be and when, doesn't panic under pressure, can hit a target by foot even at long distance, is fiercely competitive, and a natural leader. There's just so much to like about him!
It would take something pretty special to take the rising star nom off him this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smith was his brilliant self in the last quarter. Hopefully has turned the corner. Hendo had some bad moments but his confidence will grow very important speed and long kicking back him in all the way we look so much better when he plays.

Shaw was awful in the first half but turned it around somehow. Lever is a gem, very nice win we can build on.

Good
CC
Laird
Lever
The youngsters really led the way today.
JJ
Thought Smith looked like he was alot better today
Finished off well in the last qtr

Bad,
Hendo
Mackay
Wright

Ugly
Umpiring, whistle happy today, was crazy with so many soft frees

50 Free Kicks. 50.

Average last year was 32.7 per game.

Free kicks so far this round.

Free kicks
Car v Haw: 47
GWS v Gee: 42
Adel v GC: 50
Rich v Freo: 42
BL v North: 52
Ess v Port: 44

277 free kicks paid this round so far, average of 46.16 free kicks per game.

Must be a directive surely. Could be an all time round record for free kicks I reckon.

Smith was his brilliant self in the last quarter. Hopefully has turned the corner. Hendo had some bad moments but his confidence will grow very important speed and long kicking back him in all the way we look so much better when he plays.

Shaw was awful in the first half but turned it around somehow. Lever is a gem, very nice win we can build on.
Hendo looks ginger in the back area. Didn't bend at times. Looked restricted. Game suffered as didn't hit contests hard. His bad moments were pretty much his only moments. Need more from him and is his back ain't right, needs fixing. You can't just rely on his good kick to get him through.

Hendo looks ginger in the back area. Didn't bend at times. Looked restricted. Game suffered as didn't hit contests hard. His bad moments were pretty much his only moments. Need more from him and is his back ain't right, needs fixing. You can't just rely on his good kick to get him through.
Think he needs to go out for Cheney. Dropped some sitters today clearly worried about his back.

That's what you get when you recruit footballers

Good
- We finally got 3 Rorys out on the park at the same time
- Where on earth did this Rory Laird come from? I assumed he'd spend his career as an underrated anonymous back pocket, but he's a serious contender for the B&F. Incredible performance
- The Crows recruiting team should take a bow. Jake the Snake is looking like an unbelievable steal.
- Charlie, Eddie, and Jenkins looked dangerous up forward all day
- Jacobs will challenge Rehn's title as best Crows ruckman by the end of his career *Ignore, have had a few too many :oops:
- Danger and Thommo just dominated around the clearances
- Rory got through the day unscathed
- Luke Brown was excellent
- Smith's last quarter was the best he's looked since his first concussion
- Douglas is a star, enough said
- I thought Atkins did a couple of nice things when he came on. His kick to Jenkins in the goalsquare was well placed.
- Slightly controversial opinion, I thought Mackay was one of our best for the first 3 quarters

Bad

- Sam Shaw was atrocious for the first 3 quarters, but looked good in the last. Hopefully he can turn that into a 4 quarter effort next week
- I don't like criticizing Brodie Martin since he tries so hard, but I still really don't think he's up to it. ! good goal doesn't make up for otherwise ordinary skills and poor contested ability.
- Tex got beaten by an excellent defender in May
- Wright did nothing, I'd like to order one Sam Kerridge in his place please
- Lynchy was quiet, but he helped us break away in the last
- Riley Knight was good in the first and last quarter, but was invisible in the middle two. Not worth dropping him though
- Turns out our defense is even shakier without Talia. Who woulda thunk it?
- While we should have won by more, I don't think we were too awful. Just too many handballs at feet, and brick hands.

Ugly

- Hendo was shocking. Move him to the wing or move him out the team.

People criticise Brodie M just because. Ok one bad disposal when there was nothing on up the ground but it was very windy and everyones disposal was poor apart from Levers and I mean really poor. He makes great contest for a player his size. Created a goal from a smart tap on after a poor kick from Danger. Nearly took the mark after a poor kick from Thommo kick in the last which also led to a goal and also in last quarter a great pack contest which also created another goal.

People criticise Brodie M just because. Ok one bad disposal when there was nothing on up the ground but it was very windy and everyones disposal was poor apart from Levers and I mean really poor. He makes great contest for a player his size. Created a goal from a smart tap on after a poor kick from Danger. Nearly took the mark after a poor kick from Thommo kick in the last which also led to a goal and also in last quarter a great pack contest which also created another goal.
You were shit today Brodie

And makes great decisions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back