Toast Alex Pearce

Remove this Banner Ad

He'll be a beauty for us. A swing man who can play well at both ends. Only young with less than 10 games into his career and only 2 pre seasons. Let's not put to much pressure on the kid .

I think he is going to spend a lot of time with a kicking coach over the off season taking shots at goal. Hopefully with Taberner and Apeness for company.

The kick for goal looked good though. The rest were very ordinary.

The snap from the pocket never looked like getting close sadly. Though the tiger player launched of the line well before the play on call. Someone should fake the kick and draw the fifty.

First time forward in an AFL game so I'll forgive him for his misses and set shots. Fyfe kicked 1.4 or something on debut and had some really bad shanks so it would've just been nerves. It's such a shame Dawson did a silly and we can't see more of AP up forward over the next couple of weeks. What we saw was very, very promising. Hurry up and sign him up!!!

This is what puzzles me about Matt DeBoer, he has the makings of a very good centreman, tough, great hands, quick, endurance but with the most average kick in the team. It must be mechanical and something that can be improved - so why isn't he still kicking over 35 metres?
His kicking has improved. It's just it's been up from "Dunkley on a good day" to "poor".

Last edited:
I love AP and all, but I was underwhelmed by his first game forward. Perhaps we (or I) were seduced into thinking we'd get a 4 goal game and he'd be the answer to all our prayers.

He lead ok and took a good mark or 2 on the lead, and also got an (I think) arm chop free kick, but fluffed both chances at the PMH end. Not bagging him in any way, but I didn't view his game as anything better than Taberner could have delivered.

Happy for him (and Maggie) to keep on developing. At both ends.
He had 4 deliberate shots at goal so could have been quite different had the nerves not kicked in. Just remember, he only played three quarters.

He had 4 deliberate shots at goal so could have been quite different had the nerves not kicked in. Just remember, he only played three quarters.

A surprising amount of sense from an African based Hawks supporter - you planning to visit our board on a regular basis?

The snap from the pocket never looked like getting close sadly. Though the tiger player launched of the line well before the play on call. Someone should fake the kick and draw the fifty.

Except the umpires are too stupid to know the difference and would call play on. They regularly do it for borked kicks and cocked handballs when the player hasn't left the line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah true. And for that snap in the pocket the umps let the defenders get far too close to him.

Is Alex Pearce and Kenyan the same person?

Sign a good contract Alex, you're a favorite son at Freo.
Kenyan and Alex are no relation but you know ,according to 'mainlanders',we are all related in Tassie!!
I know of his family - they were prominent cricketers from North West Coast, Ulverstone area.

Kenyan and Alex are no relation but you know ,according to 'mainlanders',we are all related in Tassie!!
I know of his family - they were prominent cricketers from North West Coast, Ulverstone area.
Can you imagine the bounce Alex could get delivering from that height??

I read somewhere that he played a bit of cricket - maybe before he grew so much. Id love to be that height bowling at the Poms.

I think you are heading towards becoming an honorary Fremantle supporter with the amount of posting on this board.

If you'd only give up that Hawthorn flag in your profile. It burns my eyes each time I see it.

Well, he was/is good enough for a few bags of 5...

Remember that famous 2005 after the siren win over the Saints? Kicked one in the 50 from the boundary, another from 60...missed one from 10 in front. That's all that really needs to be said to get a grasp on McPharlins kicking.

TimGossage retweeted
Lachy Reid ‏@Lachy_Reid 23m23 minutes ago
.@freodockers update - Silvagni to play, Walters light session, Alex Pearce finished up practicing kicking goals @TenNewsPerth @TimGossage

It would seem that Ross may be intent on fast tracking Alex's development as a KPF. Not a bad idea.

To be honest this is a godsend, with parts all coming in place. Alex doing well up front placing pressure on Tabs.

Back line from next week or 2 to be established - Johnson back, Dawson back also, Fyfe has a good break.

Only thing that needs sorting is forward line combination, and ruck combination. Clarke or Griff ? Personally if only Clarke gets his heart in the right place like griffen then we would have good player. Currently I prefer a player with heart - but we need goals from our ruck's with Sandi now looking to play in back line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back