• Andrew Brayshaw

Votes: 83 35.6%
  • Alex Pearce

Votes: 88 37.8%
  • Other

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Would of been against it if it weren’t for that performance against Geelong. That game changed my mind on him. Media on his back from east to west coast and he led by example and picked up the 3 votes. Great captains game and stand by the opinion it’s the best game by a defender at the club and yes I remember McPharlin.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with the call. Keep the pressure off Serong and Brayshaw one more year. Pearce gets another chance to bounce back (imo he doesn't even really need to prove that).

He had a poor year on the whole and the team had a poor year. What would need to happen for you to think he needs to bounce back?

He had a poor year on the whole and the team had a poor year. What would need to happen for you to think he needs to bounce back?
Don't really have an answer for you other than I thought that the decline in his individual form was greatly exaggerated. In a year where I thought our ball movement out of defence was stifled and our midfield got off to repeated bad starts I thought he was left exposed one on one more than a potential top eight team would like.

Don't really have an answer for you other than I thought that the decline in his individual form was greatly exaggerated. In a year where I thought our ball movement out of defence was stifled and our midfield got off to repeated bad starts I thought he was left exposed one on one more than a potential top eight team would like.

From my perspective that was a contributing factor and does not account for the times he didn't go third man up when he should, the missed 20-30m sideways kicks or his first quarter nerves.

I have been talking about his starts to games for a few years now. That is not something that has just become part of his game.

In form he is a great stopper who can impact contests. We want him to have the ball in hand as little as possible. If we can do those two things he will be very effective.

Congrats to AP! 😃

Down side on that leadership group is that Switta will never be dropped now.

JOM and Switta are borderline. I don't know how we will fit JOM, Fyfe and Ras in the team. The same discussion can be had of Switta and the small forwards, especially if Sonny is in form and Sturt is playing.

JOM and Switta are borderline. I don't know how we will fit JOM, Fyfe and Ras in the team. The same discussion can be had of Switta and the small forwards, especially if Sonny is in form and Sturt is playing.
With Schultz gone, Switta is walk-up due to defensive pressure alone.

Back