Game Day 2023 AFL Draft - The Late Male Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

You guys have been lucky that Hogan came good. He cost nothing. We had to go high to get amiss, and hogan trade cost us 2 to 3 years. Collingwood have a couple of talls, but their smalls are the danger
Absolutely ... I doubt he wuld have improved like he has if you hadn't dumped him. Last-chance saloon can make people pull their head in. I'm very glad we took the chance on him, and pleased as hell that Jesse has shown a bit

Absolutely ... I doubt he wuld have improved like he has if you hadn't dumped him. Last-chance saloon can make people pull their head in. I'm very glad we took the chance on him, and pleased as hell that Jesse has shown a bit
Yeah good for you. Won’t get much support for that sniper around here!

I am glad that Hogan has made it with the Neeshies.
His talent is now showing.
He could never have done what he is doing now either in Melbourne or Perth.
The media ,especially here in WA were relentless on him.Posting photos from years gone.
I would have loved to see him be able to make it in Purple, but sadly never did.
I wish him all the best for the coming season.

Hogan's problem was fitness, the off field "issues" were all minor anyway

We couldn't get him on the park, I hope we never trade for a player with a Navicular again

You'd need to be moving quite a bit to flip a car even at full lock and riding up a curb on a sealed suburban road.

Unlucky and impatient, a bit lead footed. That's not a big slight on Hogan, but it's just the next moment stacked on top of the rest.

Glad he is finding success in Sydney where he could sleep on a doorstep and nobody would know who he was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd need to be moving quite a bit to flip a car even at full lock and riding up a curb on a sealed suburban road.

Unlucky and impatient, a bit lead footed. That's not a big slight on Hogan, but it's just the next moment stacked on top of the rest.

Glad he is finding success in Sydney where he could sleep on a doorstep and nobody would know who he was.
That's not true

I was in my Nanna's car at 10 years old and she was going no more than 30, hit something and we went up it and the car flipped

I didn't just make it up in my last post, they're easier to flip than ya think, especially those bigger cars

Edit: another example for the 6155 people on here, how many cars have flipped on Nicholson road in the past 6 months, where the roadwork is being done, there was 2 in 2 weeks back in September, just pulling out and clipping the stone barriers

That's not true

I was in my Nanna's car at 10 years old and she was going no more than 30, hit something and we went up it and the car flipped

I didn't just make it up in my last post, they're easier to flip than ya think, especially those bigger cars

Edit: another example for the 6155 people on here, how many cars have flipped on Nicholson road in the past 6 months, where the roadwork is being done, there was 2 in 2 weeks back in September, just pulling out and clipping the stone barriers
Cars can flip easily. Hogans wasn’t a normal accident. Both can be true at once.

Call it what it is, but i'll never not be salty about the way the Hogan experiment turned out. The club committed to him, we coughed up big time to get him, we gave up all we received from Lachie Neale leaving to get him, in a manner of speaking.

That in turn set us back further than it should have, and in a few short years he left the club at rock bottom value.

So Jesse's performed admirably at 2 of the 3 clubs he's been associated with - the outlier being the one he grew up supporting, who took a big gamble on him.

Last edited:
Call it what it is, but i'll never not be salty about the way the Hogan experiment turned out. The club committed to him, we coughed up big time to get him, we gave up all we received from Lachie Neale leaving to get him, in a manner of speaking.

That in turn set us back further than it should have, and in a few short years he left the club at rock bottom value.

So Jesse's performed admirably at 2 of the 3 clubs he's been associated with - the outlier being the one he grew up supporting, who took a big gamble on him.
100% An all round dark day (among way too many dark days) in the poor management of our club.

I guess it will take at least another decade or 2 for the true story to emerge. When all the players (Hogan, Bell, Lyon, Rosich, the Melbourne FC list manager et al) have long left the game. Needs an Open Mike style candid interview to tease out exactly what went down during that fateful trade period.

Last edited:
I’d also point out the current wankfest over Harley Reid and the exact opposite nahviour of the press where our players are concerned.
According to the West :

1) Harley Reid….then daylight

2) Other recruits
'
'
'
123) Obituaries
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
487) Freos recruits

Last edited:

Agree and to be honest I reckon we would all still be complaining now if we never ended up getting him on board.
He was exactly what we needed at the time, a young, exceptionally talented key forward from WA.
The media storm would have been huge if we had of “missed our target” and I for one would still be thinking “what if” if he was never traded in.
At least now we know, and it looks from the outside that the issues were fair and square on Hogan’s shoulders (magnified by the local media). Not too much more we could have done.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Agree and to be honest I reckon we would all still be complaining now if we never ended up getting him on board.
He was exactly what we needed at the time, a young, exceptionally talented key forward from WA.
The media storm would have been huge if we had of “missed our target” and I for one would still be thinking “what if” if he was never traded in.
At least now we know, and it looks from the outside that the issues were fair and square on Hogan’s shoulders (magnified by the local media). Not too much more we could have done.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Spot on. RTB did very well to have the club to wrap their arms around him every chance it got. Although he wasn't exactly the stereotypical PR nightmare or regular public disaster - he was just your classic example of not doing everything he could to ensure he got the best out of himself, and he seemed fine with that.

To say he seemed very comfortable to be back home would be an understatement.

I’d also point out the current wankfest over Harley Reid and the exact opposite nahviour of the press where our players are concerned.

If we'd drafted him they'd be running backpage stories about the all the plans the Vic clubs have to poach him.

'Freo in desperate fight to hold star pick'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back