Toast Welcome To Freo Ollie Murphy (pick 41 2023 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome aboard fella!

Last edited:
“How didn’t I now know that”

Nice grammar game bro. Suits the eagles board with hungry jacks boy behind the goals.

Accidental typo

At the end of the day you are the one sooking because Freo drafted a player at pick 41 who they believe to be best available over your opinion that he will leave in a few years time and doesn't have what it takes to be a good AFL player.

I'd take Walls opinion over yours.

“How didn’t I now know that”

Nice grammar game bro. Suits the eagles board with hungry jacks boy behind the goals.
Give it up mate, we get it you don't like Victorians, if he leaves high 5s for you, you are the oracle on body language and we will bend our knees for you on future calls. We will definitely be getting more then pick 41 in return for him considering the key back market and 8 teams in Vic for the options so on that alone it isn't a bad pick.

So how about we give him the time to have at least 1 football training session and meet the entire playing list before we ship him out with negativity?

Accidental typo

At the end of the day you are the one sooking because Freo drafted a player at pick 41 who they believe to be best available over your opinion that he will leave in a few years time and doesn't have what it takes to be a good AFL player.

I'd take Walls opinion over yours.
Typo…🙄

Was joking about the lack of knowledge regarding the Brayshaw family in WA..

More excuses than Donald Trump. Leave it at that.

Not gonna lie, my body language alarm is going off.
Don’t particularly care in this case. We’d at least get what we paid if he turns out to be any good. We’re not talking pick 5 and 4 years of development.

Typo…🙄

Was joking about the lack of knowledge regarding the Brayshaw family in WA..

More excuses than Donald Trump. Leave it at that.

Yeah because I've never heard of who his family is.

Go ahead at taking pot shots at Walls. You must be the biggest self appointed expert on here.

Not an inner city Vic metro nerdy teen for a start. Undersized ruck/backman just seems like a waste at this point.

Would of brought in an extra small fwd.
There’s nothing wrong with drafting Ollie with the pick we used. Could actually come in handy in the future, say straight swap for Collard for example. We won’t lose in any future deal. Was probably worth a punt and who knows, he may change his mind

Sanchez or Callinan. We need as many small fwd options possible, especially with the possibility of Freddy to the wing.
Sanchez was overlooked completely by everyone. Sure, there are gems that get overlooked totally or just get under the radar by everyone or someone just gets injured during the draft year but when your rating suddenly drops in a matter of days/weeks that is often for a reason that could be more important than playing ability. And by all reports he seems to be a small midfielder rather than a forward
Not sure about the other one (I won’t even pretend that Im a draft expert)

Not an inner city Vic metro nerdy teen for a start. Undersized ruck/backman just seems like a waste at this point.

Would of brought in an extra small fwd.
How in the * is 200cm undersized?

Clown.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A guy can be the best player available and still simultaneously be a flight risk.

Do I think he's going to request a trade in a few years? Based on what I've seen so far, absolutely.

Do I think we made a mistake selecting a projected top 20 pick at pick 41? Absolutely not. Who should we have taken instead?

Sanchez or Callinan. We need as many small fwd options possible, especially with the possibility of Freddy to the wing.
I wonder what living life is like when one has an ego as monstrous as the one you have hmm. Peak narcissism. Absolutely baseless comments from someone that clearly has no clue what they're on about.

You are just here to vomit out your already cemeted opinions. You make up your mind based on very limited data and then die on that hill rather than endure the agony of admitting fault.

Do you even realise how people are taking the micky out of you in here? And no, that's not because you're a genius and everyone else is a moron.

Discussion forums are typically used for actual discussion, not shouting opinions into the void. It's cringe reading all these uneducated comments and disparaging remarks about hmm let's see, Olly, JL, Bell. You've nothing constructive to add other than to s**t on people.

Go somewhere else if all you have to say is how awesome you are and how stupid everyone else is.

I wonder what living life is like when one has an ego as monstrous as the one you have hmm. Peak narcissism. Absolutely baseless comments from someone that clearly has no clue what they're on about.

You are just here to vomit out your already cemeted opinions. You make up your mind based on very limited data and then die on that hill rather than endure the agony of admitting fault.

Do you even realise how people are taking the micky out of you in here? And no, that's not because you're a genius and everyone else is a moron.

Discussion forums are typically used for actually discussion, not shouting opinions into the void. It's cringe reading all these uneducated comments and disparaging remarks about hmm let's see, Olly, JL, Bell. You've nothing constructive to add other than to s**t on people.

Go somewhere else if all you have to say is how awesome you are and how stupid everyone else is.
Triggered ❤️

Discussion forums are typically used for actual discussion, not shouting opinions into the void. It's cringe reading all these uneducated comments and disparaging remarks about hmm let's see, Olly, JL, Bell. You've nothing constructive to add other than to s**t on people.

I don't often use the Ignore button, but when I do it makes my life better.
Took me a while to work out what was going on 🤣

A year or so in the gym and a handful of games playing as the loose taking marks in the back line will turn him from a pick #41 into a pretty juicy return, I think he will retain his value quite well as long as he doesn't spend his entire career here in the Peel reserves.

A guy can be the best player available and still simultaneously be a flight risk.

Do I think he's going to request a trade in a few years? Based on what I've seen so far, absolutely.

Do I think we made a mistake selecting a projected top 20 pick at pick 41? Absolutely not. Who should we have taken instead?
Pav was a flight risk.

Even if he did request a trade in a few years, it's pick 41. The probability is whoever we selected instead at that pick plays under 10 games. So if he does debut and looks really promising and wants to leave, we could end up flipping 41 for a first rounder.

It's just speculation anyway, he hasn't settled in yet and plenty of flight risks do eventually settle if they like the environment and make a bunch of mates, actually being at an AFL club is always pretty different to their preconceptions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back