Toast Welcome to Fremantle Ethan Stanley - 2023 Mid Season Draft Pick 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Being recently scarred by Henry, is Stanley being offered a one year deal the player not wanting more or the club?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being recently scarred by Henry, is Stanley being offered a one year deal the player not wanting more of the club?

If you had a taste of AFL action already after a month at the club then you'd be backing yourself to play AFL enough in 2024 to get a bigger and better contract for 2025. I would expect the players we have outside the best twenty two signing multi year deals to be paid close to base salary as possible.

Stanley on $120,000 with some match payments in 2024 would be completely expected, but if he played lots of games next year then he could be on $400,000 a year by 2025.

If you're his manager you're backing him.

If you had a taste of AFL action already after a month at the club then you'd be backing yourself to play AFL enough in 2024 to get a bigger and better contract for 2025. I would expect the players we have outside the best twenty two signing multi year deals to be paid close to base salary as possible.

Stanley on $120,000 with some match payments in 2024 would be completely expected, but if he played lots of games next year then he could be on $400,000 a year by 2025.

If you're his manager you're backing him.
Okay that makes sense, just hope he doesn't want to go back over because I think he will be special.

A mid season rookie pick who’s been at the club for a couple months. Extremely rare for them to get more than a year for the first extension.
Actually this year the players were asking for a commitment of two years.

We have quite a few options to take the wing spots especially if Sharp gets to us. The club should see how he progresses. He shows traits and promising moments in the wafl but hasn't really put together many good games yet. Not from what I have seen anyway. Just looks like potential.

what do we expect from him in his second season.

some think hes the second coming of chris judd.

kinda curious on peoples projections.

More like Judd is the first coming of Stanley...

I think he probably needs a few preseasons as his tank needs a fair bit of work. 10+ games would be nice and I can even see a world where he's best 22 to start the season

My expectations are low, just try to build his body and tank and to just slowly improve his footy.

Still very much a kid.

If he can look like he could break into the side from 2025/26 then that is fine.

Anything better than that is a bonus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back