Toast Welcome To Freo Jack Delean (pick 60 2023 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Hes only just arrived in Perf
kicks goals and pokes his tongue out, then fist pumps up the crowd
says hes never gonna cut his hair - it looks good and besides "you dont wanna see me with a buzzcut I reckon"
And ... hes already on the Flagmantle bus.
Oh.. and he kicks goals.
I think Im going to like this guy. In fact I havent fallen in love with a player so quick since Willow said how bad he hates the Eagles on his day one interview whilst wiping his hair forward over his eyes.

He played SANFL this year. He'd be fine.

If he's not playing, it will be because someone else deserves it more.
I reckon he’s an injury to Walters away from a debut, we really don’t have a goal scoring small forward and he’ll be banging the door down after the first few games at peel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keep him and Amiss close to goal, Amiss deepest and he can play round one. I just want a small at the feet of the marking contest read to snap a goal and I think Jack can do that.
Always felt that the big keys should have a small buddy with them at all times. Ready to crumb or tackle, or sprint off forward.

Keep him and Amiss close to goal, Amiss deepest and he can play round one. I just want a small at the feet of the marking contest read to snap a goal and I think Jack can do that.

Always felt that the big keys should have a small buddy with them at all times. Ready to crumb or tackle, or sprint off forward.
In a traditional sense, I would definitely agree.

But in this case, Amiss is so good below his knees and has that ability to collect the loose ball and snap accurately, that I don't mind him one out on his own. He'll either mark it or be very dangerous when the ball is on the deck.

Jack might be better at the feet of a different tall?

But in this case, Amiss is so good below his knees and has that ability to collect the loose ball and snap accurately, that I don't mind him one out on his own. He'll either mark it or be very dangerous when the ball is on the deck.

Team him up with Tracey - if Tracey doesn't mark the ball when going for a grab, he'll still take the opposing players down like a wrecking ball. Delean would then have opportunity to crumb the ball, and more clear space to use it... What's not to like? 🙂

So you expect Jye to bring the ball to ground and crumb his own ball while taking contact in every contest that he doesn't mark?

I agree he is a great player and versatile, but he is only one man...

So you expect Jye to bring the ball to ground and crumb his own ball while taking contact in every contest that he doesn't mark?

I agree he is a great player and versatile, but he is only one man...
A high quality small forward will adapt to the forward line around them. It also can just be a matter of time to develop that chemistry. We definitely need to ensure we balance out our investment in tall forwards with smalls and mediums. Whether that’s through trades, draft and/or (especially) development.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back