Toast Welcome To Freo Ollie Murphy (pick 41 2023 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome aboard fella!

Last edited:
Kid is a kid and likely a bit introverted with a camera shoved in his face.
Stumbling over his words and putting his foot in mouth is pretty normal.
Anxious thoughts can make you want to pull back into your shell and look like you don't want to be in the spotlight.
I wouldn't read into anything at this stage.

Let’s see if what he says once he settles in and becomes mates with some of the players.

It’s a big change to move across the country for someone that age.

Who knows what was in his mind, maybe his mrs has been freaking out about him going interstate, maybe he loves it but isn’t that well spoken.

Onus is on the club now to make it an environment people want to stay in.

Nah let's just bag out the player and our recruitment staff because he doesn't have that much media training.

I'm going to ignore your sensible post and stick the boots in as well.

Kid is a kid and likely a bit introverted with a camera shoved in his face.
Stumbling over his words and putting his foot in mouth is pretty normal.
Anxious thoughts can make you want to pull back into your shell and look like you don't want to be in the spotlight.
I wouldn't read into anything at this stage.
That's all I'm seeing with him. A bit overwhelmed but handled it well. He'll be fine.

Selectors should never draft a player if they have a girlfriend.

I can't believe we just drafted Murphy.

What a waste

It would be lovely for him to be the first of the three to extend his contract now.
So did Leigh Brown, yet Hase and Pav were dockers for life.

May be before your time youngling..

Body language, what was said and the his place of birth. He will go after a couple of years and just remember who called it first.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a shame there's already so much speculation around a kid who's literally had one training session with the club.

I'm not saying I don't see the same concerns with his body language and the comment about the purple, but he's obviously a very introverted kid with a lot of media training ahead of him.

Let's maybe embrace him and give him a reason to stay, rather than creating a snowball effect off of some draft day interviews and forcing the issue.

It's a shame there's already so much speculation around a kid who's literally had one training session with the club.

I'm not saying I don't see the same concerns with his body language and the comment about the purple, but he's obviously a very introverted kid with a lot of media training ahead of him.

Let's maybe embrace him and give him a reason to stay, rather than creating a snowball effect off of some draft day interviews and forcing the issue.
More worried a pick 5 than a pick 41 with go home body language.

I am excited about this pick. Good endurance and great height which is needed for the modern KPF. He didn't bully his way through with bulk, and his height will be an asset no matter the league. I am not sure when we should expect to see a debut, but would think it won't be 2024 and that is fine.

Stoked we got him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back