Toast Welcome To Freo Cooper Simpson (pick 35 2023 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

Well then. Welcome aboard Cooper!

8QZE.gif

Last edited:

Cooper Simpson
Height: 181cm
Weight: 79kg
Position: Midfielder / Forward

What do I like about the player? Co-Captain of the Dandenong Stingrays, Cooper Simpson is an attacking midfielder who has a bit of pace about him and can really hit the scoreboard. I think that whilst he has predominantly played as a midfield, his set of strengths should see him still useful on the outside or down forward.

What are the weaknesses? Was injured for quite a bit of the season. A below average size midfielder at 181cm. He also doesn't use his kicking weapons as much as he could at the moment, preferring to deal in fast handballs whilst in close - however I think this is something that can be addressed at the next level training.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cooper Simpson
Height: 181cm
Weight: 79kg
Position: Midfielder / Forward

What do I like about the player? Co-Captain of the Dandenong Stingrays, Cooper Simpson is an attacking midfielder who has a bit of pace about him and can really hit the scoreboard. I think that whilst he has predominantly played as a midfield, his set of strengths should see him still useful on the outside or down forward.

What are the weaknesses? Was injured for quite a bit of the season. A below average size midfielder at 181cm. He also doesn't use his kicking weapons as much as he could at the moment, preferring to deal in fast handballs whilst in close - however I think this is something that can be addressed at the next level training.
This is a great summary. Needs to learn how to use his pace to power away from the contest and therefore make his clearances more effective. Learn that and he’s definitely AFL standard.

I was expecting a skinny half back. Instead we picked an undersized mid.

He does look slick though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back