Toast Welcome To Freo Cooper Simpson (pick 35 2023 AFL Draft)

Remove this Banner Ad

That pick up was sex as was the running goal.

I hope the first words out of the coaches mouth to him as he came off was “don’t pass that ball when you’re in the clear 35 out from goal. Snap the goal …be hungry in that situation unless we have a free player in the goal square”

He snapped a pass to a 2 on 2
Excuse me dear sir/madam/person but I am puzzled by your use of the word 'sex'. Are you using that as an adjective or a participle? I know some people use the word bender in a naughty and fruity sort of way, like 'that pick up gave me a bender' or others might say, that pickup was a bender'. Which was it? Asking for a friend.

Excuse me dear sir/madam/person but I am puzzled by your use of the word 'sex'. Are you using that as an adjective or a participle? I know some people use the word bender in a naughty and fruity sort of way, like 'that pick up gave me a bender' or others might say, that pickup was a bender'. Which was it? Asking for a friend.
Would you accept “all of the above”?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Enter Cooper Simpson

IMO I still want to see him get settled at WAFL level first and make better decisions with ball in hand; he bombed the ball a bit too much in his first game and that will absolutely lead to us being slaughtered on the rebound at AFL level.

IMO I still want to see him get settled at WAFL level first and make better decisions with ball in hand; he bombed the ball a bit too much in his first game and that will absolutely lead to us being slaughtered on the rebound at AFL level.
I fail to see how that’s any different to what the rest of our players do?

I fail to see how that’s any different to what the rest of our players do?

Right at the moment I see a player who is a little too trigger happy with going the long option, whereas our current players are often looking for options (and do lower their eyes) and then sometimes resort to bombing as a last option when they realise they needed to move the ball on.

If Simpson was to come into the side he would be replacing Frederick and TBH Freddy is one of the players who bombs it a lot less and often spots up a player.

Right at the moment I see a player who is a little too trigger happy with going the long option, whereas our current players are often looking for options (and do lower their eyes) and then sometimes resort to bombing as a last option when they realise they needed to move the ball on.

If Simpson was to come into the side he would be replacing Frederick and TBH Freddy is one of the players who bombs it a lot less and often spots up a player.

Not really fussed tbh.

O want him given free reign to have pings from anywhere from 55 on

We don't really have a choice though

Freddy and Swit both went down

Sturt is injured

We need to bring in atleast one forward for those two, the cupboard is bare

Sturt is injured

See how NOD goes, could release Banfield back to the forward line to replace Freddy, JOM replaces Switta. It really does suck that both NOD and Stanley have been injured while Johnson is playing so poorly

Sturt is injured

he had a strong preseason, he's ready. throw him in there and let's see what he's got. he's a blue chip kind of talent i'm confident he'll show off his attributes.

Simpson needs to build his tank before he can play. The last 2 weeks have shown the defensive running required by Jlo.

Simpson needs to build his tank before he can play. The last 2 weeks have shown the defensive running required by Jlo.
Ideally but there is just little other choice. Draper needs to build size but injuries forced our hand. We need some kind of pace up there because at the moment it’s looking like Emmet, some old men and some KPFs.

Ideally but there is just little other choice. Draper needs to build size but injuries forced our hand. We need some kind of pace up there because at the moment it’s looking like Emmet, some old men and some KPFs.
Yeah there’s not another small with pace on the list. All other options rely on playing people who are underdone (Driz) and disrupting things that are working well (midfield, banners playing wing). Get Simpson in and just tell him to chase and harass for four quarters. He’s a perfect swap for switta.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back