Mega Thread The Adam Goodes Megathread - Now with Added Poll!

Why are crowds booing Goodes?

• Racism

Votes: 565 29.9%
  • He's perceived as a dirty player

Votes: 563 29.8%
  • He's perceived as making a team game all about himself

Votes: 758 40.1%
  • Because everyone else is booing, I thought I'd join in - like a Mexican wave thing

Votes: 268 14.2%
  • Because Gillon doesnt want them to

Votes: 135 7.2%
  • I have no idea

Votes: 74 3.9%
  • Other

Votes: 183 9.7%
  • His onfield message is at odds with his off field one

Votes: 233 12.3%
  • He can do no wrong with the MRP

Votes: 164 8.7%
  • I was saying Boo-Urns?

Votes: 61 3.2%
  • Jack Watts

Votes: 56 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No need to misrepresent to take a stance. Too much of that going on in this thread. I've been amply clear that colonisation was a brutal and at times violent, process of dispossession, displacement and subjugation of indigenous populations. Not sure why so many Goodes advocates have been so willing misrepresent and/or label posters they don't agree with.

The idea of an invasion is a back engineered concept based not on what happened in 1788, but on the result of what proceeded to occur gradually (comparative to an actual invasion) over the next generation or two. If you actually think 700 convicts and their overseers, their wives and children, setting up camp and trading with the locals was an invasion, there's not much I can say.

So it wasn't even colonisation at all now? Wow. Getting weirder by the second.
Yep and if you think the arrival of the Europeans, that resulted in a severe loss of life ( indigenous population reduced by 90% in just over 100 years) wasn't an invasion, then a bit more research wouldn't hurt. Loss of land, health, language, culture, lifestyle..... much of which continues today, 200 years later, they still suffer from the ramifications of that 'invasion.'

I understand what you're saying. Ballantyne whacking a few blokes and being a general pest I can handle. I let it go and deep down I admire him for being an antagonist little s**t. Goodes however is on another planet of arseholeism.

Ballantyne gives it and takes it. He understands the general mechanics when inciting a crowd. Goodes has turned this into a black V's white mentality! In which my family, my friends and myself are being labelled racist. We are not.

Just like Godes called that young girl out, and I have zero problems with his actions in doing that to be honest, I will call him out for the paranoid, two faced, self centred bullshit he is carrying on with. I really struggle to see how some of society see booing him as racist. We ****ing just don't like the campaigner it's that simple. Not sure exactly how many indigenous players were playing in the Richmond V's Crows but, no boos.

So these people that bat for the 'Adam Goodes has never put a foot wrong' foundation, maybe it's you who see the colour of a persons skin! I don't give a continental about the colour of his skin, but as AOTY he misrepresents it on so many levels. Deplorable human that doesn't have the gumption to look at himself and think, hey maybe it's me and I need to pull my head in.

Boo him louder I say!
Nah, I call bullshit. You're either racist, a bully or a jerk. Pick one.

You don't boo other indigenous players. Great defence. Like saying 'I don't call some other Chinese by racist names but I stick it to my Chinese neighbour and call him all sorts of s**t. Hey, but that's OK 'cause I don't like him'

People like you are f*&king up the game for the majority who just want to watch footy. By all means boo an action on field but constantly harassing a champion player every time he goes near the ball 'cause you don't like him' is a dog act.

Ah week, I hope for you sake you don't get bullied in your workplace. Nobody should be bullied at work. Its an unhealthy thing.

No one would dare bully me, I'm pretty intimidating. But to compare being a professional footballer to a normal job is a long stretch. And to try to make people feel sorry for a millionaire getting teased is also hard to do.

No one would dare bully me, I'm pretty intimidating. But to compare being a professional footballer to a normal job is a long stretch. And to try to make people feel sorry for a millionaire getting teased is also hard to do.
Haha -you don't like Goodsey being richer than you, is that it? Otherwise, I can't see how his financial state is of any relevance.
Its his job. He goes to work and is entitled to do so without being bullied, just like you in your workplace.
ps what do you mean by 'intimidating" You aren't a bully are you Interloper?;)

Haha -you don't like Goodsey being richer than you, is that it? Otherwise, I can't see how his financial state is of any relevance.
Its his job. He goes to work and is entitled to do so without being bullied, just like you in your workplace.
ps what do you mean by 'intimidating" You aren't a bully are you Interloper?;)

Nah I'm just a mad campaigner! :cool: And yes his financial state is relevant, no one who boos him would have 1/10 of the cash he does, it's definitely a reason why people don't feel sorry for him.

Nah I'm just a mad campaigner! :cool: And yes his financial state is relevant, no one who boos him would have 1/10 of the cash he does, it's definitely a reason why people don't feel sorry for him.
Yep-still can't see how the money has any relevance. Goodes and many other people, have explained that being racially vilified is hurtful, so can't see how money changes that.
Anyway, he does good things with his money doesn't he?-sets up footy training academies and educational places for indigenous youth.

Ah well, I hope for you sake you don't get bullied in your workplace. Nobody should be bullied at work. Its an unhealthy thing.

I take it then the last time Melbourne played at your home ground and Jack Watts was abused and 'bullied' by the Geelong supporters you were also equally outraged?

I take it then the last time Melbourne played at your home ground and Jack Watts was abused and 'bullied' by the Geelong supporters you were also equally outraged?
Uhuh- wasn't outraged (don't believe I have used that wording in any case) but can honestly say I have never uttered a single word towards Jack Watts at the footy. And I don't boo other teams -just bad umpiring decisions. Even then, I move on pretty quickly.
ps. I consider the bullying of Jack Watts on BF to be really quite unpleasant.

Uhuh- wasn't outraged (don't believe I have used that wording in any case) but can honestly say I have never uttered a single word towards Jack Watts at the footy. And I don't boo other teams -just bad umpiring decisions. Even then, I move on pretty quickly.
ps. I consider the bullying of Jack Watts on BF to be really quite unpleasant.

Yeah, outraged was an exaggeration.

Cheers for the response, but the point is that it happens to many different players to varying degrees. It always has in AFL/VFL and will continue in the future regardless of the colour of someone's skin. Some players ignore it, other play the victim and use it as an excuse to push an agenda.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But to compare being a professional footballer to a normal job is a long stretch. And to try to make people feel sorry for a millionaire getting teased is also hard to do.
I truly hope you never suffer depression but if you ever do, I hope people will be there to help you and not judge you.

I hope he gets booed tonight.

Are you agile enough to duck those eggs Swans fans have at the ready ?
I notice that verbal abuse - that would be booing - is not ok but physical abuse is - al la throwing bum nuts at opposition fans

Footy last night - fantastic
Richmond supporters - great as always
Racist comments - zero
Chant for Eddie - loud - bet Adam wishes everyone loved him like they love Eddie
Consensus on booing from general chit chat in the bar and the stands - stiff s**t
Are the AFL seriously going to kick you out if you boo

From a personal pov I think the banner stuff tonight is a load of cods wallop. For the geelong football club and it's supporters tonight, it should of been about their captain playing 250 games and if you want to look at an example of intimidation and bullying then look no further than this display.

From a personal pov I think the banner stuff tonight is a load of cods wallop. For the geelong football club and it's supporters tonight, it should of been about their captain playing 250 games and if you want to look at an example of intimidation and bullying then look no further than this display.
The banner thing has some Cats fans seething that I know. It should be about Selwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back