Certified Legendary Thread Dangerfield to the SUNS? Bought to you by SKAV

What the FLICK is going on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm seriously waiting for Barrett or Hamo or someone to tweet 'BREAKING: Dangerfield rumoured to be in conversation with SUNS officials regarding possible move north'.

Positive news regarding the SUNS, so will not happen from him.

Easily the best thread on the Suns Board, Its got it all!!! Reading with a big grin on my face. I cant get any work done, i keep checking back every 5 mins.

Imagine if rumours were true? Gaz , Danger, Prestia, Omeara, Swallow...pwhoarrr!!

Fake link? Can't access it :p
It's legit, but the tweet was from April. The shortened links expire every few months, but the article will still be on the website if someone can see it. Maybe SEN knew something back at the start of the year?

From a Crows perspective, I obviously hope this isn't true.

However, should he be leaving it might actually be a good thing. You have to remember of course that Danger is a RESTRICTED Free Agent. If the Crows opt to match, you will have to trade.

Bennell and a pick might get it close and would probably be much better than what Geelong could offer.

I wouldn't bank on getting him for nothing.

Bennell and a pick (assuming a start of 2nd rounder) would be fair and I agree more than you would get from the Cats.

its a real link... its just expired like Experimental says. type "patrick smith considers dangerfiled to suns" into google, it comes up but goes nowhere. dead link.

Fake link? Can't access it :p

Click on the picture it's legit just months old (April).

Cap space attributed as the issue back then(which we now would have). Leadership, experience and a marque effect to draw in fans the benefit.

Afl HQ may be a little worried about the club so they plan to pull a few strings.

Just saying if this where a court case there may well be enough circumstantial evidence to make a case.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it's sounding very conspiracy-esque, but it could explain why the Suns purposely lowballed Dixon in order to make him look elsewhere. Similarly, if the rumours about Bennell being up for trade before the newest incident were true (Whateley was confident all year that Bennell would be traded), then it would explain why the club is so keen to get rid of two club favourites.

Bennell was reportedly on $450k per year, and Dicko on $400k or so. Take into account our delistings, retirements, and possible trades - there's plenty of cap space. If you add in all the AFL sponsorship deals as they did with Ablett, it's definitely plausible that Danger could be fit in. Whether he'd want to or not is another matter.

This is nearly the best thread ever!! Just missing some corgis. Here, let me help:

OTQgr.gif

I know it's sounding very conspiracy-esque, but it could explain why the Suns purposely lowballed Dixon in order to make him look elsewhere. Similarly, if the rumours about Bennell being up for trade before the newest incident were true (Whateley was confident all year that Bennell would be traded), then it would explain why the club is so keen to get rid of two club favourites.

Bennell was reportedly on $450k per year, and Dicko on $400k or so. Take into account our delistings, retirements, and possible trades - there's plenty of cap space. If you add in all the AFL sponsorship deals as they did with Ablett, it's definitely plausible that Danger could be fit in. Whether he'd want to or not is another matter.
-wouldn't be recognised by every single person on the street like Adelaide and Geelong
- it's the Gold Coast
- team is not necessarily any further away from a premiership than Geelong, Adelaide, anyone else
- Master Coach Rodney Eade
- AFL dollaz for dayzzz

-wouldn't be recognised by every single person on the street like Adelaide and Geelong
- it's the Gold Coast
- team is not necessarily any further away from a premiership than Geelong, Adelaide, anyone else
- Master Coach Rodney Eade
- AFL dollaz for dayzzz

- likes to surf
- money substantially greater
- happy wife happy life

Wasn't there an article before Ablett signed where the contract negotiations took longer as he wasn't going to get or didn't want the marketing component of his contract he was getting previously...maybe Clayton was clearing the decks to give some of that fat marketing cash that sits outside the cap to Danger instead of Gazza

Poor crow fans thinking they can now get Bennell / Omeara / Pick 3 if they match... Good luck matching a deal that's been topped up by the AFL
Doesn't add much use, just adding to the conversation :thumbsu:

MATCHING OFFERS

A contract offer is matched if the football payments and ASAs are equivalent under the offer and the contract proposed by the player’s current club. To qualify as a matching offer, the player’s current club must make an offer on the same terms as the new offer tabled by the player including:

• Contract length;
• Base payments;
• Total match payments;
• Total ASA payments;

Total performance incentives based on AFL awards or honours, club best and fairest finish or games played (not including finals). Any incentives for team performance do not have to be matched. A player cannot table an offer to be matched for less than a two-year contract length.

Doesn't add much use, just adding to the conversation :thumbsu:

MATCHING OFFERS

A contract offer is matched if the football payments and ASAs are equivalent under the offer and the contract proposed by the player’s current club. To qualify as a matching offer, the player’s current club must make an offer on the same terms as the new offer tabled by the player including:

• Contract length;
• Base payments;
• Total match payments;
• Total ASA payments;

Total performance incentives based on AFL awards or honours, club best and fairest finish or games played (not including finals). Any incentives for team performance do not have to be matched. A player cannot table an offer to be matched for less than a two-year contract length.
Maybe I'm wrong but doesn't that effectively mean the AFL retains the right to Rort the system if/when they choose?

Maybe I'm wrong but doesn't that effectively mean the AFL retains the right to Rort the system if/when they choose?

The AFL wouldn't have gone to all this length to engineer this just to **** themselves over with their own rules that nobody has ever used before.

AFL will get Adelaide to take a trade from GC and/or sling them a few extra million come dividend time for being a good citizen

Back