Certified Legendary Thread Dangerfield to the SUNS? Bought to you by SKAV

What the FLICK is going on?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Conspiracy theory - The Tex to stay, Dangerfield to leave thread in the rumours and scandals section of BF was started by GC2015. Well, Dangerfield leaving -> 2015 -> Gold Coast. Does GC2015 know something we don't? He claimed to have an inside source in the thread but never stated where Danger was interested in going.

Matchu , you need to change your username to Fox Mulder.

Pi
Hypothetically this happens, paddy nominates us. Crows choose to match the offer, forcing a trade; what would we as a club be open to trading to make it happen?
How far are we willing to go to get one of the best players in the Comp?
pick 3 this year and throw in our first round pick next year!!
Which we'll be top 8 so be between 10-18 ;)

Hypothetically this happens, paddy nominates us. Crows choose to match the offer, forcing a trade; what would we as a club be open to trading to make it happen?
How far are we willing to go to get one of the best players in the Comp?
Bennell + pick 3 has been suggested in the past. Win-win for both clubs?

I'd do that if it came right down to it but you obviously try and get a better deal :p
I think most people would do that and the Crows would be about as happy as they could be without keeping Danger. Obviously Clayton doesn't offer that straight up. It's a haggle process where you start by lowballing and then eventually the two clubs agree to something that is reasonable. It would also show the Suns are fair at the trade table which is important for the future.

Pick 10 from Dixon and Pick 3. Even a second round if we have to. Dangerfield is more valuable than any draft pick.

If we really want Curnow you would try to keep pick #3 and offload all other decent picks in 2015 (~10,~20,~25) and next year's 1st rd pick. Plenty of good SA talent slated to go between 20-30 in the draft.

Just to save me from looking it up if Adelaide match the offer as a RFA do they still have the opportunity to trade him in 2015 to us if we come to some agreement?

If we really want Curnow you would try to keep pick #3 and offload all other decent picks in 2015 (~10,~20,~25) and next year's 1st rd pick. Plenty of good SA talent slated to go between 20-30 in the draft.

Just to save me from looking it up if Adelaide match the offer as a RFA do they still have the opportunity to trade him in 2015 to us if we come to some agreement?
Absolutely, rfa and trade periods overlap. If they match there is still time to negotiate a trade, if that were to fail there would be risk of him going to the PSD but I wouldn't think either club would allow that.

I'm not sure what the value is in pursuing this fantasy (Patrick looked pretty stoked at the win last night)
BUT
I'd trade anything to get Paddy here
Gaz would've looked pretty stoked to make the 2010 Grand Final, I'm sure

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we get Paddy we lose one or more of OMeara, Lynch or Swallow

Puts a bit of a dampener on it doesn't it
Reckon he's gone anyway

I think we just have to make the best plays we can when the opportunity presents itself, there's no guarantee Lynch doesn't have a career ending injury Round 1 2016

I don't know why people are saying they think Jaeger's leaving. There's literally nothing to suggest he's even remotely interested in going elsewhere. The club paid for him to have career-saving surgery in Europe, then have paid him to sit on the sidelines for all of 2015.

Some flog in Melbourne concocting a story about Jaeger being a 'city boy' who wants to be a business man is a complete joke. These journos are paid to publish X number of stories per day - one of which was a story with nothing in it about a player he has no idea about.

Let's bring it back down to earth, people.

If we get Paddy we lose one or more of OMeara, Lynch or Swallow

Puts a bit of a dampener on it doesn't it
would we ? Paddy would just take the money we save buy pushing the bad eggs out the door in Dixon and Bennell. Would be about 800k afl top-up the rest done deal and we keep OMeara, Lynch or Swallow

would we ? Paddy would just take the money we save buy pushing the bad eggs out the door in Dixon and Bennell. Would be about 800k afl top-up the rest done deal and we keep OMeara, Lynch or Swallow
Hello, I hope you fine Gold Coast folk don't mind me dropping by but why do you think the AFL should or would top up Dangerfield's contract? Not trying to be smart... I am genuinely curious if this is some kind of provision I'm not aware of or if you've just come to expect strange things like this?

I reckon he's gone because that's my gut feel, never really claimed there's any substance to it.

Hello, I hope you fine Gold Coast folk don't mind me dropping by but why do you think the AFL should or would top up Dangerfield's contract? Not trying to be smart... I am genuinely curious if this is some kind of provision I'm not aware of or if you've just come to expect strange things like this?
It's really just an afl ambassador deal, paying you Heaps of extra cash to promote and grow the game in qld. A lot of money to be made now in that area now that k hunt is gone and Gaz didn't won't it in his new contract. (Left the extra $ for Danger) the next face of the Suns

Last edited:
Whether they should is an issue, it's a pretty fine line. On one hand, the AFL needs a face or two to promote the game in Queensland. On the other hand, it's a bit unfair to the other teams. They would do it to ensure that the Suns aren't perennially unsuccessful.

Ah I see... handouts for charity cases then?

Basically yeah.

Back