Movie Mad Max Fury Road

Remove this Banner Ad

Overall I liked it, visually it was stunning and the action brilliant, the story was a tad convoluted and lacking, maybe makes more sense in subsequent viewings, but will let that slide.

I also picked up a lot of reworked scenes/references/homages from the previous MM movies.

custom-mad-max-fury-road-vehicles-made-from-legos4.jpg

That was so so bad. I mean wtf did I just watch?

It's a mirror image of Saw.

1 was a good film with a story and a meaning.

2 was a good film but the story was heading wild.

3 was shizen but still watched.

4 wtf and why. Explain any part of that garbage to me?

I'm with you mostly. I understood it but just thought it was pretty ordinary. Watched it today with my wife.

Probably good if you're a 15 year old teen male.

Luckily I didn't waste any money on it, took it as one of my two freebies a month on foxtel.

4 / 10.

Wifey agrees, 4/10 from her too.

I hate this movie.

After watching it for the 6th time on the big screen, watching putrid dumb cgi bloated generic action flicks like the Avengers, Chappie, Hunger Games, Divergent, Spiderman, etc.. underwhelms me so much so that I don't know whether I can return to the cinemas ever again. MMFR has literally destroyed my appetite for watching films at the cinemas as everything else pales in comparison to what MMFR has delivered. *smh*

Is that supposed to be an attempt at humour?

I hate this movie.

After watching it for the 6th time on the big screen, watching putrid dumb cgi bloated generic action flicks like the Avengers, Chappie, Hunger Games, Divergent, Spiderman, etc.. underwhelms me so much so that I don't know whether I can return to the cinemas ever again. MMFR has literally destroyed my appetite for watching films at the cinemas as everything else pales in comparison to what MMFR has delivered. *smh*

nice visuals but the story was dull and the chase was a little repetitive and the lead actress overacted. not a patch on mel gibson and his charisma but better visuals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Freaking loved this movie. Not sure why people are complaining about the plot, seemed pretty fine considering the dystopian context it is set in. Theron, Hardy and Hoult all nailed their roles and all of the action choreography was great. Visually stunning too! I remember walking out of the cinema grateful that I had the chance to watch it on the big screen.

Interesting reading this thread for first time. It seems people either don't like it at all or they give it a 10. There's no real middle ground.

But as we all know now, 90% of punters adore this masterpiece of action filming.

What some don't realise is that the real stars of all the Mad Max films are the vehicles. V8 super charged mayhem that's been copied in many other films but none have never came close to the way Millar does it.

As with MM 1 and 2, the ones with the vehicles in the wastelands are kings. If you don't have a reliable supercharged vehicle or arnt part of some gang who have heaps of them..you're nothing.

You're easy prey and your chances of making some sort of life in this world of hell are pretty much zero.

Warlords take over resources when society collapses and in this case water is the currency the baddies in this part of the world hold.

But all that is a back story to what these films are really about.

All GM had to do in this reboot to satisfy us lovers of the original, is find a reason to have multiple super charged vehicles drivin by psychopaths chase someone down the dusty wasteland highways.

Instead of going down the old storyline road of fuel shortage and the battle to control it, Millar goes completely left field and creates a situation where Max is forced to trust and partner up with someone to survive.
Max is mentally damaged from way back. Mental case lunatics ran over and killed his beautiful wife and young baby which has left him devoid of all emotion.

He's not a superhero or a guy who goes out of his way to help people. He's a survivor and a loner who really has no purpose in life.

The minimal dialogue by Max in Fury Road fits perfectly in sync with the other three films. Once again other characters around him take the spotlight and Max is just caught up in the craziness of their plight.

Another thing younger viewers of this film don't realise is that Max's XB Falcon V8 coupe is the real star us oldies from the 80s MM films loved the most. We get a bit of action at the start with his awesome beast of a car, but it quickly turns to the battle truck as the main focus of this film.

A bit disappointing but you just know the coupe will be back in the follow up film...hopefully.

Either way, at least here in Fury Road the XB joins in the chase along with all the other awesome vehicles...and on it goes for two hours.

Name one car action film that's better? There is none.

This is a relentless, violent film that leaves you spellbound by the never ending action.

It's a 10 for me.

Interesting reading this thread for first time. It seems people either don't like it at all or they give it a 10. There's no real middle ground.

But as we all know now, 90% of punters adore this masterpiece of action filming.

What some don't realise is that the real stars of all the Mad Max films are the vehicles. V8 super charged mayhem that's been copied in many other films but none have never came close to the way Millar does it.

As with MM 1 and 2, the ones with the vehicles in the wastelands are kings. If you don't have a reliable supercharged vehicle or arnt part of some gang who have heaps of them..you're nothing.

You're easy prey and your chances of making some sort of life in this world of hell are pretty much zero.

Warlords take over resources when society collapses and in this case water is the currency the baddies in this part of the world hold.

But all that is a back story to what these films are really about.

All GM had to do in this reboot to satisfy us lovers of the original, is find a reason to have multiple super charged vehicles drivin by psychopaths chase someone down the dusty wasteland highways.

Instead of going down the old storyline road of fuel shortage and the battle to control it, Millar goes completely left field and creates a situation where Max is forced to trust and partner up with someone to survive.
Max is mentally damaged from way back. Mental case lunatics ran over and killed his beautiful wife and young baby which has left him devoid of all emotion.

He's not a superhero or a guy who goes out of his way to help people. He's a survivor and a loner who really has no purpose in life.

The minimal dialogue by Max in Fury Road fits perfectly in sync with the other three films. Once again other characters around him take the spotlight and Max is just caught up in the craziness of their plight.

Another thing younger viewers of this film don't realise is that Max's XB Falcon V8 coupe is the real star us oldies from the 80s MM films loved the most. We get a bit of action at the start with his awesome beast of a car, but it quickly turns to the battle truck as the main focus of this film.

A bit disappointing but you just know the coupe will be back in the follow up film...hopefully.

Either way, at least here in Fury Road the XB joins in the chase along with all the other awesome vehicles...and on it goes for two hours.

Name one car action film that's better? There is none.

This is a relentless, violent film that leaves you spellbound by the never ending action.

It's a 10 for me.

Smokey and the Bandit.

Jokes

Remove this Banner Ad

Back