Prediction 2016 NAB Challenge Line-up Greater Western Sydney vs Western Bulldogs Thursday Feb 25th

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You might see that as an opportunity for GWS to expose a lack of height but I see it precisely the other way.

A massive opportunity for us to run the ball out of defence at will. GWS playing 3 or more of those guys most of whom are heavily inexperienced gives us a massive opportunity to drive the ball out of the back half once the ball hits the deck.

Sure if is was 3 guys like Cameron, McCarthy and Patton it might be a bit more risky but for me the risk is that we get sucked into exactly what the opposition want us to do and thats go with a less skilful and less mobile defensive setup, which is even more important when you play a zone setup as we do.

Sure this is only a NAB game but if was a proper season game and they went that tall I'd see it as a massive opportunity to take advantage of them.

Agreed. I would back our smaller defenders to be able to bring the ball to ground more often than not. They will get out marked here and there but I reckon we win on averages.

I think we pick all 3 of Minson, Roughead and Campbell for this game and particularly with the latter 2 we trial them for extended periods in the forward line. Not only due to our injuries to Boyd and Redpath but I think the coaching staff will look favourably upon the one who shows a bit as a forward (particularly if Bev wants to go with the 50/50 ruck split and not have both of Boyd and Redpath in the same team).

Forget Roughead as a defender, it should only happen if we are badly cruelled by injury to our KPD's. In my view I'd prefer to pick a combination of Roberts/Collins/Hamling/Adams as the 2 starting KPDs.
Completely all of this. Perfect post,16 lines of correctness. :thumbsu:

Anyone else get on early? Dogs have been $2.10 into $1.26 after teams were announced!
It's disgraceful that they allow encourage betting on the NAB Challenge. Does this means both sides are obliged to go flat out for the win? Or are they allowed to do some experimenting, resting of valuable players, nursing players through the heat, keep tricks and players up their sleeve until the season proper, etc, etc.

The AFL is compromised on this.

It's disgraceful that they allow encourage betting on the NAB Challenge. Does this means both sides are obliged to go flat out for the win? Or are they allowed to do some experimenting, resting of valuable players, nursing players through the heat, keep tricks and players up their sleeve until the season proper, etc, etc.

The AFL is compromised on this.
Agree dogwatch how could they allow people to bet on the Adelaide
Vs West Coast game, embarrassing.

As a betting man, we're unders. I could never bet against us, but I could never back us at that price.

As a punter Pann you would understand that when you have taken $2.10 and the opponent drifts to $3.80 you can lay-off, take the result and just enjoy the footy:)

If the bookies are dumb enough to put up odds for this crap and we can learn things they might not know (like playing a very strong side that Bev announced on family day) I have absolutely no issues taking their money.

As a punter Pann you would understand that when you have taken $2.10 and the opponent drifts to $3.80 you can lay-off, take the result and just enjoy the footy:)

If the bookies are dumb enough to put up odds for this crap and we can learn things they might not know (like playing a very strong side that Bev announced on family day) I have absolutely no issues taking their money.
If you're on at $2.10, absolutely. I'm not :(

What individual players are everyone looking forward to watching tomorrow night ?

What individual players are everyone looking forward to watching tomorrow night ?
Campbell/Roughead/Minson - who will best take their opportunity as #1 ruck?
Daniel/Dale/McLean/Hrovat/Honeychurch - who looks ready to take the one small forward/mid spot that is probably available?
Adcock - simply mature depth or genuine contributor?
Collins/Adams - can they contribute straight away?

More than anything though, just looking forward to watching the team run out again.

Campbell/Roughead/Minson - who will best take their opportunity as #1 ruck?
Daniel/Dale/McLean/Hrovat/Honeychurch - who looks ready to take the one small forward/mid spot that is probably available?
Adcock - simply mature depth or genuine contributor?
Collins/Adams - can they contribute straight away?

More than anything though, just looking forward to watching the team run out again.
I know he's not named but I'd love to see what Bradley Lynch can offer if he gets his chance the next 3 weeks.
Although only weighing 70kgs he's got great height for a half back role (187cms) and he tested elite in the skills, speed and Agility testing. He's also great with both feet. I feel like he could easily surpass someone like Webby if he can find his feet and put on some weight. Some of the things he done in the intra club were amazing! He's so dynamic. Honestly feel like we uncovered another rookie gem.

I know he's not named but I'd love to see what Bradley Lynch can offer if he gets his chance the next 3 weeks.
Although only weighing 70kgs he's got great height for a half back role (187cms) and he tested elite in the skills, speed and Agility testing. He's also great with both feet. I feel like he could easily surpass someone like Webby if he can find his feet and put on some weight. Some of the things he done in the intra club were amazing! He's so dynamic. Honestly feel like we uncovered another rookie gem.
Lynch and Goetz are perfect rookies, physically not ready yet by a mile, but
both have offered a glimpse into some impressive skill sets. We as fans need
to show more patience as i feel we have been treated to some freaks in
recent years, generational players if you like that don't come along every
year like clockwork.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You guys will win pretty comfortably... Too much experience in back half. Good luck for hitout.
Come on Giant Pete that is quitter talk, it is true you have left a lot of
talent out for the game. I am looking forward to seeing some of the
young talent get an opportunity to shine. Fire up man, get excited.

I'll take your word for it, I honestly have never seen the kid play! The attributes I'm hearing make me very confident in him. Don't want to throw him in the deep playing AFL but I think after that second preseason he could improve exponentially. No need to rush him with Bob still kicking around. Sounds made for the role though.

Call me crazy but I'll be keeping a close eye on Hamilton mixing it with a lot of AFL standard guys to see how he fits in and how he copes. Seems to be the black sheep of last years little draft family.

Looking forward to seeing what all of these closed sessions were about. Likely game plan tweak.

Call me crazy but I'll be keeping a close eye on Hamilton mixing it with a lot of AFL standard guys to see how he fits in and how he copes. Seems to be the black sheep of last years little draft family.

Looked far more comfortable at half back in the intra club. Be interesting to see where they settle him this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back