Votes: 3 30.0%
  • Brant Colledge

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Jonathan Giles

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The Chocolate Rain arrived today. The guy I traded with threw in a couple of extras too:

HPh4b6K.jpg
better be careful of that one in the middle. contains alcohol

Yeah man! Meat in general though. If I have time today Im going to whip up a twice cooked miso braised tempura short rib.

Also just landed on my next brew. Citra, galaxy, mosaic red ale.
How was the Elvis Juice?

image.jpeg
Hawkers Imperial Stout release.

Damn good beer. Subtle unusual tangy fizzy finish which I've never had before in such a strong stout. Intriguing.

Doesn't feel like a 10% beast

image.jpeg
Cracked my IPA/APA homebrew last night.

3 weeks post-bottling.

Got a real WCE 2016 disappointed feeling about this batch.

Not sure what it is - just tastes and smells dank and unbalanced.

Probably shouldn't have used dry malt extract and hops that I bought 9 months prior and had stored in Tupperware in the cupboard.

Serves me right for buying ingreds in bulk and not storing properly. Should mellow out a bit in a few weeks hopefully.

Anyone have any experience with using less-than-fresh hops and malt, and noticed a difference in the finished product?

Seems like a no-brainer, but it'd be good to know for sure if that's the issue

Damn good beer. Subtle unusual tangy fizzy finish which I've never had before in such a strong stout. Intriguing.
An intriguing, subtle, tangy and fizzy beer?

What is happening to this great nation? Just give me a beer and be done with it.

Maybe I should broaden my horizons. :)
Don't get me wrong I'm more than happy to drink cheap beer or wine from a 4 litre bag as well.

I don't think there's much booze out there that I don't like.

SC hops should be stored void of oxygen and in the fridge. Also use them as quickly as you can. So yeah it would definitely be the hops. You wont have any issues with the age of the extract.

And CC expand your horizons mate you might actually find a beer with some flavour!

SC hops should be stored void of oxygen and in the fridge. Also use them as quickly as you can. So yeah it would definitely be the hops. You wont have any issues with the age of the extract.

And CC expand your horizons mate you might actually find a beer with some flavour!
Yeah I bought a s**t tonne of cascade leaf from some bulk wholesaler but I might just ditch it because it hasn't been kept in the fridge. I dry hopped with it, so that probably explains the dankness.

I still think ill chase a different malt extract brand, as i haven't been super happy with this one

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I bought a s**t tonne of cascade leaf from some bulk wholesaler but I might just ditch it because it hasn't been kept in the fridge. I dry hopped with it, so that probably explains the dankness.

I still think ill chase a different malt extract brand, as i haven't been super happy with this one

For sure mate, mix it up. Ive never brewed the same thing twice. Rarely drink the same beer more than once!

There's some really good kits out there now. Least you know for next time re: hops. Also yeast always stays in the fridge too

For sure mate, mix it up. Ive never brewed the same thing twice. Rarely drink the same beer more than once!

There's some really good kits out there now. Least you know for next time re: hops. Also yeast always stays in the fridge too
Yeah I knew about yeast in the fridge, and I definitely knew that I wasn't storing the hops in an ideal way, I just wasn't sure how much effect it would ultimately have on the finished product.

I think it was definitely a bad idea using stale cascade for dry hopping though. Just another reason to start a new batch!

Yeah I knew about yeast in the fridge, and I definitely knew that I wasn't storing the hops in an ideal way, I just wasn't sure how much effect it would ultimately have on the finished product.

I think it was definitely a bad idea using stale cascade for dry hopping though. Just another reason to start a new batch!

Ill be brewing this weekend. Unsure which day as we now have tix to the footy and the 4WDing trip out to Dwello just got canned.

Pretty handy being able to hit up the head brewer for Cheeky Monkey and get their red ale grain bill as inspiration haha

went out a few weeks ago and had young henrys lager.was really impressed.seems no bottle shops stock it tho..

That's the Sydney brewery isn't it? Their stuff is good

I think so yep,found their pale ale at a dan murphys but wanted the lager.
I had it at Pleased to meat you and there are a few other bars that have it but was looking forward to downing a few whilst watching the game tomorrow arvo

yep..south lake/ Cockburn area.

Best bet is to pop into Cellarbrations Superstore in Hami Hill. You could try the bottlo at the Gate or Quarie and might get lucky, but their craft range is still limited.

Once you see the setup in Hami Hill you'll probably never shop elsewhere haha. Thats my local (Im in Yangebup).

If you cannot find their Natural Lager I'd suggest chatting to Alė, Nick or Stu in the shop and they'll hook you up with a plethora of similarly delicious beers. I'd start reeling off nice Summery drinking ales but best you go see what they've got in stock.

Yeah and they also set up down South in an old dairy farm. One of the Directors who owned the land then sold out of the company and took the brand new brewery with him. They were in agreement to brew and can all YH stock for WA but unsure if that is happening.

That venue is now called The Beer Farm. Its pretty joy.

Best bet is to pop into Cellarbrations Superstore in Hami Hill. You could try the bottlo at the Gate or Quarie and might get lucky, but their craft range is still limited.

Once you see the setup in Hami Hill you'll probably never shop elsewhere haha. Thats my local (Im in Yangebup).

If you cannot find their Natural Lager I'd suggest chatting to Alė, Nick or Stu in the shop and they'll hook you up with a plethora of similarly delicious beers. I'd start reeling off nice Summery drinking ales but best you go see what they've got in stock.
awesome cheers,just got a carton of sopporo from first choice but might go check out cellarbrations anyway

on a side note gonna be seeing a lot of dockers players around the gate and surrounding areas in the near future..

Back