Troy Menzel - 21 years old, 40 AFL games - 21 disposals
Riley O'Brien (rookie) - 20 years old - 21 disposals

Compare that to (as of posting):

Jimmy Toumpas - 22 years old, 33 AFL games - 24 disposals
Brendon Ah Chee - 22 years old, 18 games - 23 disposals
Sam Colquhoun - 21 years old, 16 games - 22 disposals
Karl Amon - 20 years old, 13 AFL games - 22 disposals
Jesse Palmer - 19 years old - 19 disposals

Perhaps we've never had depth players play like the Adelaide reserves team because they have a couple of older players with a lot of AFL experience in their side while our list is filled with under 23s who haven't played many games yet.

Their SANFL list profile is like ours was when Paul Stewart, Tom Logan, Kane Mitchell, Louis Stevenson, Sam Gray and Brent Renouf were riding roughshod over the comp in 2014.

I am in the USA atm so was unable to go to the game :(

I will say though if we we were even remotely full strength you could probs throw in the likes of Lobbe, Carlile, Austin, Stewart, O'Shea, Howard, Sam Gray, Impey, Mitchell and Snelling into this side. (Ryder, Schulz, Hombsch, Monfries, White and Jonas pushing 6 of those mentioned out of the A team).

Not to mention with the squad we had today Robbie Young, Masters and Rudloff would/should have got a game ahead of some of the other blokes getting rotated into the squad.

Ricky Henderson - 27 years old, 86 AFL games - 41 dispoals
Cam Ellis-Yolmen - 23 years old, 12 AFL games - 39 disposals
Brad Crouch - 22 years old, 29 AFL games - 37 disposals
Andy Otten - 27 years old, 79 AFL games - 31 disposals
Jake Kelly - 21 years old, 10 AFL games - 27 disposals
Alex Keath (rookie) - 24 years old - 22 disposals
Mitch Grigg - 23 years old, 20 AFL games - 21 disposals
Troy Menzel - 21 years old, 40 AFL games - 21 disposals
Riley O'Brien (rookie) - 20 years old - 21 disposals

Compare that to (as of posting):

Jimmy Toumpas - 22 years old, 33 AFL games - 24 disposals
Brendon Ah Chee - 22 years old, 18 games - 23 disposals
Sam Colquhoun - 21 years old, 16 games - 22 disposals
Karl Amon - 20 years old, 13 AFL games - 22 disposals
Jesse Palmer - 19 years old - 19 disposals

Perhaps we've never had depth players play like the Adelaide reserves team because they have a couple of older players with a lot of AFL experience in their side while our list is filled with under 23s who haven't played many games yet.

Wind back two years and we were in the five and made a Grand Final while Adelaide were nowhere. The Port Magpies are a Reserves side and when injuries and suspensions hit the AFL it impacts on the SANFL, we will never change that. This time next year the Crows could have delisted a couple and copped a couple of long term injuries while we may have a full list. This is probably the first year that the Crows will finish above us on the SANFL ladder.

We've never had depth players play like the other reserves team are. 41, 39, 37 disposals from their top 3 and +160 in disposals in total. Yikes

If we had a similar run with injury

S.gray , Dougal , impey , Oshea , lobbe , Amon , Toumpas , ah chee, krak and will Snelling would be playing sanfl almost every week.

How do you think those inclusions would change the side? We haven't had more then a few of those in the sanfl at any one time.

Still not sure wether it's the right decision to get rid of Hoon. Serious knee injury and offers more than Mitchell who we've retained for a few years.

To watch football tutt tutt really Tribey

I refuse to believe a team as irrelevant as Sturt has attractive fans - male or female - who could be bothered to travel halfway across town on a Sunday morning to watch them play unless there was a relationship of some kind, familial or otherwise.

And even then.

I'm not travelling to wherever Matrics play to watch my fourth wife play for Tango.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I refuse to believe a team as irrelevant as Sturt has attractive fans - male or female - who could be bothered to travel halfway across town on a Sunday morning to watch them play unless there was a relationship of some kind, familial or otherwise.

And even then.

I'm not travelling to wherever Matrics play to watch my fourth wife play for Tango.

tribey young fella, you clearly don't have the right pre-season scouts in place before you upgrade:p or downgrade as the previous lady may later suggesto_O

And even then.

You're right only the magpies have really attractive fans.
What position does your wife play?

You're right only the magpies have really attractive fans.
What position does your wife play?
Looking forward to tribeys reply to that last question.

And I think I'm starting to move towards the anti Butcher train.

A bulked up John Butcher should be better than this.
Is there really a need to be 'anti Butcher'?

Clearly Dougs is well ahead of Butch now and as disappointed as I'll be for John, it should be his last year on our list.

I'll keep cheering for him though, he's a Port Adelaide player.

Butcher has to be the biggest port Adelaide failure in history.

That is an indictment on the extremely poor quality of people management within the PAFC football Department. Butch was unfairly stuck with 'the future' tag but the club never handled 'the player' in the appropriate manner as we see some receive.

Get out of the club Butch and go and enjoy your life and footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back