Autopsy Round 12 vs GWS - what did you learn?

Remove this Banner Ad

McGlynn is gone (I hate saying this)
McHack...seriously, he's a leader?
Grundy...FU to all the haters, he's seriously good!
Rampe...thanks for inviting yourself to training!
Cunningham...you and towers can do your catwalk s**t together. Keep walking!
Zac Jones makes mistakes but so did/does his brother...he's gonna be dynamite!
Did I mention McHack?

We fought the game out today, hawks packed it in and folded in the same position at spotless

Today was a loss where you say s**t the better side on the day lost and move on

The tippett injury sucks more than the loss, he is a massive key

But we are still a good/great side imo, plenty of players to come back, plenty of sides we can beat, so write us off at your peril

The sky is not falling, we are in this
How pissed are you. You worse than my Mrs changing your mind every 2 minutes

We did, today was crap and and no-one is denying that, but it's one bad game. This has been the only time this year our midfield has been beaten like that.
Personally, I'm not really concerned about the loss. I'm extremely concerned about Tippetts injury. It's looking likely that his season is done which will severely dint our premiership chances. Add to that the injuries to two players who are constantly injured, ie Reid and Rohan, and the season suddenly looks even more bleaker.

We did, today was crap and and no-one is denying that, but it's one bad game. This has been the only time this year our midfield has been beaten like that.

I agree.

Massive month we've had. Hawks, North, GC in a once in 100 year storm. Can't think of a worse team to face tired and sore after a run like that than the Giants on their home turf after two close losses in a row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Every team loses games and the Giants are a top team especially at home and it is very tough to win away from home against a top team.
Parker should have been rested a couple of weeks ago when he picked up his injury - it's a long season and it's more important to be fit in September - Heeney should be rested also.
Swans need to rotate more players through the middle to keep players fresh for later in the season and be prepared for injuries - ie Kennedy should play out of the square a lot more etc
Millls/Jones (especially Jones) need to be more judicious in their choice of passes.
Sinclair looked really good when he was on his own with Tippet on the bench

This thread alone you've gone from us being doomed back to we will be ok back to doomed and back again.

No
Not at all, even went back and checked. All i said was i cant see us winning a flag without tippett, but in context today is one week and season is still looking good for top 4

So not sure what you are reading

Why do we persist with the long bombing to the boundary out of Defence
Laidler had Lloyd screaming for it but he decides to bomb away to an out numbered contest witn the best contested mark in the comp in lobb , lobb marks kicks to sj and he kicks the goal and the momentum goes to them at half time
Brain fade by laidler , could have to chipped it to lolyd etc
Don't understand why we don't look for the shorter options at times

Last edited:
Why so we persist with the long bombing to the boundary out of Defence
Laidler had Lloyd screaming for it but he decides to bomb away to an out numbered contest witn the best contested mark on the comp in lobb , lobb marks kicks to sj and he kicks the goal and the momentum goes to them at half time
Brain fade by laidler , could have to chipped it to lolyd etc
Don't understand why we don't look for the shorter options at times

Yeah we are certainly keen to move it on quick. Or bomb out of trouble

We like to play on to advantage most of the time this year, it has been costly on occasions

Trying to move it quicker I guess

Defence creates repeat entries sometimes

Buddy screams for the ball at all costs, even for no reason. Countless times we take a mark in the middle and hes screaming for a 2m lateral hsnd ball. I love ya bud,but jeez get forward and be the target

Footy is hard to enjoy at the moment.
We knock off hawks, knock off roos and it feels like it counts for nought come September.
Then we go and lose like that, Tippett goes down and it feels like the end of the world.

Expectation sucks...

It's not the end of the world, it sucks but as Swansrule100 said in his run home thread we are still very much in the mix for a top 4 spot:

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/the-run-home.1135371/

The Tippett injury will make our job harder no doubt but injuries are part of footy. One of the hardest things as a fan is to keep expectations in check, I must admit I got a little excited thinking about our chances this year before tonight. Tonight was crap but what's done is done, we move on to the Demons next week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back