Past #22: Todd Goldstein - has advised NMFC he will seek opportunity at Essendon in '24 - 316 NM games/156 goals/'15 SBM/'15 AA/most hitouts in lge history

Remove this Banner Ad

It feels like a life time ago when before a game I would be like "what incredible things is Goldy going to do today"

He is a star and I feel like he is being pushed through injury unfairly due to insecurities at the selection table

It feels like a life time ago when before a game I would be like "what incredible things is Goldy going to do today"

He is a star and I feel like he is being pushed through injury unfairly due to insecurities at the selection table

I'm not sure that our problem was solvable at the selection table, unless you mean leaving Goldy out until he got fit again and making do somehow without him.

While he is a fantastic player with an amazing ability to play hurt it was always obvious - even in the pre-season to us experts on here - that we would be totally reliant on him staying healthy. We all knew we had no real back up for him. We had Ben Brown who is a promising young tall forward and not ready to be a senior ruckman. We had a fading former ok ruckman in Drew. We had a work in progress in Preuss and we had a shortish young ruckman with a good leap and no experience in Majak.

Dan Currie wasn't the answer (due to lack of ability) but it would have been good to have some big strong competitor built like him to call up in a pinch. That we didn't have anyone was our Achilles heel and we were all aware of it.

In late news, Goldy will be on radio SEN tomorrow morning. Hopefully, he will announce that he is fully recovered from his slight ankle injury.:rolleyes:

I'm not sure that our problem was solvable at the selection table, unless you mean leaving Goldy out until he got fit again and making do somehow without him.

While he is a fantastic player with an amazing ability to play hurt it was always obvious - even in the pre-season to us experts on here - that we would be totally reliant on him staying healthy. We all knew we had no real back up for him. We had Ben Brown who is a promising young tall forward and not ready to be a senior ruckman. We had a fading former ok ruckman in Drew. We had a work in progress in Preuss and we had a shortish young ruckman with a good leap and no experience in Majak.

Dan Currie wasn't the answer (due to lack of ability) but it would have been good to have some big strong competitor built like him to call up in a pinch. That we didn't have anyone was our Achilles heel and we were all aware of it.

In late news, Goldy will be on radio SEN tomorrow morning. Hopefully, he will announce that he is fully recovered from his slight ankle injury.:rolleyes:

Good point. But I think by playing Daw in full time until he gets right or even have surgery if necessary. We have lost consecutive games so we will never know how much impact it would have.

It's just horrible to see Goldy labour to every contest and struggle to hobble let alone run

I hope so! (I thought it was his knee)

Good point. But I think by playing Daw in full time until he gets right or even have surgery if necessary. We have lost consecutive games so we will never know how much impact it would have.

It's just horrible to see Goldy labour to every contest and struggle to hobble let alone run

I hope so! (I thought it was his knee)

It probably is his knee. I'm just following the club's lead by mis-reporting the injury. It fools the opposition every time.;);)

Has half an Elastoplast factory on his knee.

If he doesn't have off season surgery, I'll move to Gabon.

About the City
Libreville is the capital, and largest, city of Gabon, which is situated in west central Africa. Libreville is a major port on the Komo River, making it an important area for import and export, and it is also a trade center for the timber industry. The city was founded in 1843 as a French trading station and it was named Libreville (Freetown) in 1848, after many freed slaves were sent there. Libreville was the chief port of French Equatorial Africa from 1934 to 1946.

The city had a recorded population of 797,003 in 2012 and is fairly evenly split with regards to gender. French is the predominant language in the area, and Libreville is one of the only African cities where French is actually the native language. The language has some local features to it which makes it unique.

The Climate in Libreville
Libreville has a tropical monsoon climate, meaning that it is hot and has plenty of rainfall throughout the year. The city has a lengthy wet season, lasting from September to May, and a shorter dry season from June to August, when the temperature remains fairly steady at around 30°C. During the dry season, there is still very little sun, and the city is under near-constant cloud cover during these months.

Have visited by the sounds of it worse places, will you buy or rent? :p

Refreshed Goldstein ready to cause Eagles trouble

July 7, 2016 8:39 AM

449398-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Todd Goldstein says he expects to be back to his best after the bye

NORTH Melbourne ruckman Todd Goldstein says the bye has done the trick and he expects to be back to his best against West Coast at Domain Stadium on Sunday.

The game's best big man looked to be labouring in the weeks leading into the bye after suffering a knock to his knee in round 10 against the Sydney Swans.

In that time the Kangaroos have lost three and won one and tumbled from the top of the ladder to seventh.

"I was definitely hanging out for the bye," Goldstein told SEN on Thursday.

"[I'm] feeling a lot more refreshed now and feeling good."

He said he expected key forward Jarrad Waite to return against the Eagles after missing the past month with a hip injury.

Goldstein also backed the performance of veteran forward Drew Petrie, who has kicked 19 goals this season.

The Kangaroos star has kicked at least 40 goals in each of the past five seasons and said this week he was keen to play on in 2017.

Goldstein said Petrie would like to be hitting the scoreboard a bit more but remained an integral part of the team.

"He's probably our best pressure forward," Goldstein said

"He very rarely loses a one-on-one contests."

North Melbourne have beaten the Eagles just twice in their past seven clashes at Domain Stadium, and lost last year’s preliminary final at the ground, but a win would lift its premiership credentials.

Goddam Goldy please tell me you feel like tearing the rest of the year a new one! We need you now more than ever

North Melbourne have beaten the Eagles just twice in their past seven clashes at Domain Stadium, and lost last year’s preliminary final at the ground, but a win would lift its premiership credentials.
2/7? How does that compare to the rest of the competition? Probably better than average I'd suggest.

About the City
Libreville is the capital, and largest, city of Gabon, which is situated in west central Africa. Libreville is a major port on the Komo River, making it an important area for import and export, and it is also a trade center for the timber industry. The city was founded in 1843 as a French trading station and it was named Libreville (Freetown) in 1848, after many freed slaves were sent there. Libreville was the chief port of French Equatorial Africa from 1934 to 1946.

The city had a recorded population of 797,003 in 2012 and is fairly evenly split with regards to gender. French is the predominant language in the area, and Libreville is one of the only African cities where French is actually the native language. The language has some local features to it which makes it unique.

The Climate in Libreville
Libreville has a tropical monsoon climate, meaning that it is hot and has plenty of rainfall throughout the year. The city has a lengthy wet season, lasting from September to May, and a shorter dry season from June to August, when the temperature remains fairly steady at around 30°C. During the dry season, there is still very little sun, and the city is under near-constant cloud cover during these months.

Have visited by the sounds of it worse places, will you buy or rent? :p

Any tennis played there, n n? With the French connection, the courts are probably clay. By the way, I'll be as surprised as TennisPlayerAndy if he has to "relocate" there.

Any tennis played there, n n? With the French connection, the courts are probably clay. By the way, I'll be as surprised as TennisPlayerAndy if he has to "relocate" there.

Not sure if they're into their tennis, but it does sound like a place where an AFL side could play 3-4 games a year.

On a more serious note Goldie it seems was knackered and needed a spell, will be interesting watching him today. Man management isn't one of our strengths imo of course.

Not sure if they're into their tennis, but it does sound like a place where an AFL side could play 3-4 games a year.

On a more serious note Goldie it seems was knackered and needed a spell, will be interesting watching him today. Man management isn't one of our strengths imo of course.

As much as he may want to ruck the whole game it is too hard for him over a long season, especially when he's exposed to all sorts of tactics by the other 17 teams week after week. This is leaving aside the risk of serious injury and the damage done playing hurt.

As our solo ruckman, he is our greatest strength and our greatest weakness.

I'm not even counting the chop outs he gets here and there from Ben Brown. With the greatest respect for BB as a young tall forward, his ruckwork is not up to much and we generally have to get Goldy back onto the ball asap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s**t house today. Not giving us anything at ground level

But but he has an AA to hang his hat on.

While Ive been smashed from pillar to post on my opinion on Goldy.........I heard a story from a certain "cooling box" shared the same opinion around the same time I offered the idea to put him up for trade.
2015 was a great year for him and he deserved the AA but this doesn't give the club a premiership flag. Hawthorn and Sydney play terrific premiership winning footy without a topline Ruckman.

There's no doubt he is injured but we seem to continue to run him into the ground......imagine if we rested him and Maj played? He'd be not injured as well now.

Just leave the guy out for a rest because he was plodding like an old clydesdale in the fourth.
Surely Daw can cover for him in the ruck against Adelaide

Yeah it's ok to dominate hit outs but what sets Goldy apart is his work around the ground and marking, effectively giving us another mid and drifting fwd and getting on the scoreboard. We aren't getting that ag he moment and if it's a niggle we need to get him right as it won't do us any good later in the year. SAdly though looks like Maj got injured playing for werribee.....but Preussy went on to amass 69 hit outs. I think the monster of a man is building nicely.

Piss Petrie off, bring in Daw to give him more of a chop out. With the limited rotations his workload is way too high and he isn't covering the ground the way he needs to.

It's always a rush to get Goldy back in there because Brown is so abysmal in the ruck.

Piss Petrie off, bring in Daw to give him more of a chop out. With the limited rotations his workload is way too high and he isn't covering the ground the way he needs to.

It's always a rush to get Goldy back in there because Brown is so abysmal in the ruck.
We had the chance to do this six or so weeks ago.
Now Petrie is getting worse Goldy's injury is worse and Daw is still not being played. Daw is no superstar but that's what he is there for to relieve Goldy.
I don't know many players that play 2nd ruck that dominate games.
It's Mindboggling that we haven't used him more to get Goldy right...

We had the chance to do this six or so weeks ago.
Now Petrie is getting worse Goldy's injury is worse and Daw is still not being played. Daw is no superstar but that's what he is there for to relieve Goldy.
I don't know many players that play 2nd ruck that dominate games.
It's Mindboggling that we haven't used him more to get Goldy right...

Our team selections have been mind boggling for the last 2 years.....

Our team selections have been mind boggling for the last 2 years.....
They didn't trust themselves to make the hard call so we win more games. Well we have lost 5 of the last 6 games so that worked out great didn't it.
Finals(if we make them) are a few months away and Goldy isn't any better.

When does Brad think he will give Goldy time off ?
A few weeks before and why isn't Goldy putting his hand up to make the call himself cause he is giving us **** all atm.Taps alone won't win us games.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back