News There ain't no intervention and there never was

Get the inquiry done quickly AFL before O'Meara, Steele, Tomlinson, Prestia etc piss off to powerful Vic clubs.

Can't have any pre-determined inquiry into the Lions weakened by further evidence of an undeniable frontier retention problem.
There's no enquiry..... Just texted my mate it's a load of crock. We're just crap simple as that.

There's no enquiry..... Just texted my mate it's a load of crock. We're just crap simple as that.

just-waiting-for-a-mate-yup-still.jpg

Dear Mark Evans,

Wishlist

1. $50 mil for training/admin facilities
2. Draft Picks - 1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 15
3. Overhaul of our coaching staff and new additional staff roles
4. Fair and equatable season draw for the next 10yrs.
You missed the equal ability to retain players as all other clubs in northern market (aka Retention allowance).

Nothing happening in AFL-Land?

Let's go pick on the Lions, no one important gives a s**t about them so there's no fear of getting in trouble and we might even score brownie points with King Eddie!

The only thing I care about is winning footy games.

The only thing I care about is winning footy games.
But there are some things that impact that - money, players, coaches, facilities, other clubs cheating. I agree it gets tedious but they all matter.

But there are some things that impact that - money, players, coaches, facilities, other clubs cheating. I agree it gets tedious but they all matter.

We can control none of those things. Why should any of us waste our time caring about those things?

We can control none of those things. Why should any of us waste our time caring about those things?
...because all these things are significant inputs to our ability to win football matches. we have more ability to indirectly influence these matters than we do the sides ability to win on any given day.

I would hope either Mark Robinson has something to say on 360 about such a disgraceful announcement by ch7 and/or Browny OTC tonight.

..really such a stuff up as that deserves a public apology.....due to the fact that the club has enough problems without that being announced in the way it was which makes it look dire, and the affect it had on us poor supporters.

Two people at work mentioned it today, had heard ch7 but hadn't seen the denial by us or AFL....so they won't be the only ones out there who believe that crap.

The club should be making a real noise about this imo. Enough is enough. Take a stand against these so called sports journo's. ...if we don't they will treat us as a pushover and say whatever the hell they like.

Seriously, we have to stop being little mice, we have to stand up as a club and say it stops right now.

A few observations on the AFL and how they operate.

"It wasn't intervention they were invited" - means they said they were coming and we organised the meetings with everyone.

"Presenting proposal to AFL Commission" - I'm trying desperately to keep my job otherwise AFL will sack me and appoint someone else to the role who might actually be capable.

"We're holding planning meetings to discuss moving forward" - we're begging for money and a priority pick

"looking at our structures" - we're showing them how crap our facilities are and need help to get Brisbane Airport over the line immediately

A few observations on the AFL and how they operate.

"It wasn't intervention they were invited" - means they said they were coming and we organised the meetings with everyone.

"Presenting proposal to AFL Commission" - I'm trying desperately to keep my job otherwise AFL will sack me and appoint someone else to the role who might actually be capable.

"We're holding planning meetings to discuss moving forward" - we're begging for money and a priority pick

"looking at our structures" - we're showing them how crap our facilities are and need help to get Brisbane Airport over the line immediately

You ever found one of these conspiracies you seem so focused on finding?

http://www.sportingnews.com/afl/lis...news-trade/1ku9rj962kwd419wkuk6p3i4tb/slide/2

AFL sending a life-Lion

The AFL has quietly set up a rescue mission for the Brisbane Lions, putting together a working group that is going through all aspects of the club.

Gil McLachlan doesn’t like coaches being sacked, especially in the non-Victorian sides, so keeping Justin Leppitsch at the helm is a priority, but others like CEO Greg Swann and national recruitment manager Stephen Conole are under the pump.

And chairman Bob Sharpless is as good as gone if the league can talk Leigh Matthews into taking the role of head honcho, but they’ve got an uphill battle on their hands.

However, there could be a lot of money thrown Matthews’ way plus everything within the rules that can make Brisbane a more attractive destination for players, starting with a priority pick at this year’s draft.

So don’t go expecting the Lions to beat Essendon next week – that’d really throw a spanner in the works.

Really not sure why they'd have Swanny under pressure only 2 years after they put him in there in the first place. Is the article also implying that we will definitely be tanking against the Bombers in a couple of weeks?

http://www.sportingnews.com/afl/lis...news-trade/1ku9rj962kwd419wkuk6p3i4tb/slide/2

AFL sending a life-Lion

The AFL has quietly set up a rescue mission for the Brisbane Lions, putting together a working group that is going through all aspects of the club.

Gil McLachlan doesn’t like coaches being sacked, especially in the non-Victorian sides, so keeping Justin Leppitsch at the helm is a priority, but others like CEO Greg Swann and national recruitment manager Stephen Conole are under the pump.

And chairman Bob Sharpless is as good as gone if the league can talk Leigh Matthews into taking the role of head honcho, but they’ve got an uphill battle on their hands.

However, there could be a lot of money thrown Matthews’ way plus everything within the rules that can make Brisbane a more attractive destination for players, starting with a priority pick at this year’s draft.

So don’t go expecting the Lions to beat Essendon next week – that’d really throw a spanner in the works.

Really not sure why they'd have Swanny under pressure only 2 years after they put him in there in the first place. Is the article also implying that we will definitely be tanking against the Bombers in a couple of weeks?

Yeah, I agree. It's interesting that there would be heat on Swann. If this is legit, I can't help wondering whether it is just that he is one of the few names that the Melbourne commentariat know.

As far as I can tell, he's brought in some good sponsors, overseen the reversal of a trend in re-signing players, and attracted some pretty credible staff (Lambert and Austin). Possibly the performance of our senior players after they've been locked into long deals?

Maybe there are things we're not aware of, but it feels odd to me that he'd be under the pump after the AFL parachuted him in.

Last edited:
Back