Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

I noticed that. You could hear the "Well haven't I been a right campaigner" in his voice.

Lindsay has some real quality about himself. The way he presented himself spoke volumes about this whole debacle. Its great that he is such a leader, and he has played some great footy this year. Since that slow start he has lifted and at times kept us in it on the forward line the way Tarrant has on the backline. (Possibly hasn't played as well as Tarrant but not many in the entire league have.) And under enormous pressure. I'm sure Lindsay's Uncle would have been proud of the way he has held it together in the last 2 months.

It sucks when loved ones die. I hope he and his family find what comfort they can.

At least Cometti has the class to acknowledge his error of judgment.

BT would have called him a big NTTAWWT for crying, then stated that black arm bands should be banned from the game.

Where's kangatime?

At the beach?

head-in-sand.jpg

Here it is:

Please share far and wide.

You're a bloody legend GR. Thanks!

I've shared it on Facebook. Expect to get a few morons/racists having a go at me but I'm ready and armed with the unfriend button

I've shared it on Facebook. Expect to get a few morons/racists having a go at me but I'm ready and armed with the unfriend button

Likewise and likewise, although I'd like to think I've managed to weed out such flogs already over the years.

Those of us who met LT personally at family days and the like, already knew what a great bloke he is.

On field, he could genuinely win a final or three for us if stays in form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott again threw his full support behind Lindsay Thomas, who kicked 5.2 and received two free kicks close to goal.

One was for a high tackle applied by Steele Sidebottom and another was for falling to the ground after contact from Brayden Maynard when the ball was not in play.

Thomas enjoyed his first five-goal bag for the season to take his tally to an impressive 31 goals.

“He’s a star, Lindsay. The way he spoke at halftime – he directed the players and then went out and backed it up himself,” Scott said.

“To kick 5.2 and really win first possession on a number of occasions, just absolutely fantastic.

“When I first met Lindsay I couldn’t get two words out of him. And now he’s holding court in meetings.

“He really is an inspiration to a lot of people.”

Scott again threw his full support behind Lindsay Thomas, who kicked 5.2 and received two free kicks close to goal.

One was for a high tackle applied by Steele Sidebottom and another was for falling to the ground after contact from Brayden Maynard when the ball was not in play.
Pushed to the ground.

I am a South Melbourne supporter obviously. Just want to say what a credit to your club and coach Lindsay Thomas is. Sure he has flaws. As we all do. And of course the Collingwood scum have another indigenous footballer to boo every time he touches the ball. No doubt its the ducking. Anyway congratulations on the win and hats off to your club. I hope we beat you by 10 goals in the Grand Final.

You can tell from LT's interview that he is a shy sort of guy, didn't look at the camera much and was a bit fidgety, nothing wrong with that and I'm certainly not criticising him for that.
Was wonderful to hear him speak so passionately about things and for DC to admit he had no idea about LT's personality and to say he has risen in his estimation was great.
Finally these campaigners might start seeing LT for who he is and not as the "only" player who milks some frees.
To all you morons who wanted him gone, suck a chubby....

Funeral was yesterday.

However it worked out it was perfect that he got to speak last night after such a great game. I'm sure he'd have rather been at the funeral with his family than on national television but was still able to reach out to them in front of the whole country. That might almost make up for not being there.

Funeral was yesterday.

However it worked out it was perfect that he got to speak last night after such a great game. I'm sure he'd have rather been at the funeral with his family than on national television but was still able to reach out to them in front of the whole country. That might almost make up for not being there.
I could well imagine his family saying "Play, your uncle would have wanted you to."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back