Past #12: Lindsay Thomas - released by NM to pursue rookie list spot at PA - thx4 everything Lindsay

Remove this Banner Ad

My favourite LT moment : a game at Docklands where we beat the Cats for the first time in a few years, a loose ball in the centre of the ground, Lindsay at Andrew ('do we get 4 points for beating this mob?') Mackie coming from opposite directions. With eyes only for the ball, Boof got there first, copped a hit from Mackie but gave Mackie an even bigger (and legal) hit, while fisting the ball forward for a team-mate to goal. Sweet.

167165-508eece8-3a7b-11e4-b4eb-3aaea0238ac5.jpg

His 7 goal game against Carlton.

Sensational.

Jeeze he was on fire that night, could have kicked 11 or 12 if he was a bit more accurate.

At the time I thought it was the best single individual game of any North Melbourne player since Carey. Watching the highlight reel (which goes for almost 20mins because of how ridiculous it was) doesn't even begin to do justice to it. He was in everything, lead up marks, 4-5 contested marks, setting up crumbs with ridiculous touches, crumbing his own goals, bone crunching tackles. The kind of game that is never the same on video - wish I could watch it all over again.

Ive seen Daniel Pratt, Shannon Watt, Lachy Hansen, Spud, Thompson and co stuff up kick ins over the years. In front of opposition cheerquads like Essendon and Collingwood. And that stings.

But last night. What Lindsay did. After getting abused all night.
Was delightful! hahahahaha go * yourselves Pies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great news and never on doubt, the Ox was talking about LT recently and said his value as a trade was about a fifth rounder!! So I'm hoping North can get a few more fifth round picks and get a couple more LT's.

Will end up a 250 plus gamer and possibly a 500 goaler. Those guys don't grow on trees, very lucky he's ours.

At the time I thought it was the best single individual game of any North Melbourne player since Carey. Watching the highlight reel (which goes for almost 20mins because of how ridiculous it was) doesn't even begin to do justice to it. He was in everything, lead up marks, 4-5 contested marks, setting up crumbs with ridiculous touches, crumbing his own goals, bone crunching tackles. The kind of game that is never the same on video - wish I could watch it all over again.

yeah I was thinking the same, he was in everything, set up goals too for other blokes. Whilst not in the same league as Carey , it was a Carey - like performance.

Great news. If every campaigner would just leave him alone to concentrate on his footy!

Last night was the first time my Collingwood partner felt able to discuss anything about Friday night. Lifetime football goer and said the booing at LT was as bad as Goodes - so vitriolic for so little reason - and the AFL should step in.

I don't think he should have to put up with that crap either, but I don't know what the answer is - and it's a reminder of how tough he is. He never complains, he just gets on with it. (No criticism of Goodes for calling it out either - it's his right - but it is awful behaviour and LT is handling it differently.) After all he has been put through with crowds, commentators and umpires (here is my $80,000 cheque), and being so close to his family, he would have been perfectly justified in heading home to SA, but he chose to stay. It's testament to his guts and to the bonds he has at North.

Last night was the first time my Collingwood partner felt able to discuss anything about Friday night. Lifetime football goer and said the booing at LT was as bad as Goodes - so vitriolic for so little reason - and the AFL should step in.

I don't think he should have to put up with that crap either, but I don't know what the answer is - and it's a reminder of how tough he is. He never complains, he just gets on with it. (No criticism of Goodes for calling it out either - it's his right - but it is awful behaviour and LT is handling it differently.) After all he has been put through with crowds, commentators and umpires (here is my $80,000 cheque), and being so close to his family, he would have been perfectly justified in heading home to SA, but he chose to stay. It's testament to his guts and to the bonds he has at North.

LT said the booing doesn't phase him at all. It just spurs him on. He's no sook like Goodes.

LT said the booing doesn't phase him at all. It just spurs him on. He's no sook like Goodes.
That's exactly what I didn't say. He would be entitled to complain. But he plays it differently. I am just glad that he feels North is the place he will be supported and can keep playing great football.

That's exactly what I didn't say. He would be entitled to complain. But he plays it differently. I am just glad that he feels North is the place he will be supported and can keep playing great football.
Yeah, he would be entitled to complain but I don't think he would want the AFL to step in. This made it 10 times worse for Goodes and just drew more attention. The booing will go away soon enough when it gets boring and LT keeps slotting them......fingers crossed.

Great news and never on doubt, the Ox was talking about LT recently and said his value as a trade was about a fifth rounder!! So I'm hoping North can get a few more fifth round picks and get a couple more LT's.

Will end up a 250 plus gamer and possibly a 500 goaler. Those guys don't grow on trees, very lucky he's ours.
Ox. Lol.

To all those Non North supporters(Magpies especially) who bagged L.T on SEN last night and wasted ur 2cnts worth. I hope u watched his interview and realise he lost a family member.
The bar has been raised.. :thumbsu:
There is no way in hell any Collingwood supporter would watch that interview...they are a disgrace.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back