Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

brad cooper

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Well guys its been a long time since we've beaten the purple army in Perth, in fact the last time we did Julia Gillard was prime minister, Jesse White kicked the winning goal and Luke Parker still played for the Dandenong Stingrays. Yes 2010 was the last time we managed it and my sister decided to get married to a Hawthorn supporter in Melbourne that day, so after spending about $400 on WA memberships for my family I missed the match.

For those of you not old enough to remember Craig Nettelbeck he was a key position player who, if big footy was around back then, would have a commanded a 100 page thread as to why we should delist him. Traded to freo for the 1995 season, he was unable to crack a game in dockers first season and was subsequently traded to, you guessed it, Melbourne.

Enough history, well almost, last time we met it was the qualifying final of 2015. A depleted yet spirited swans came up 9 points short against the purple haze. Probably a blessing in disguise as Hawks would have smashed us in a prelim and we'd have to have put up with the big footy hawks all summer.

This is a danger game, Pav obviously didn't fancy taking his kids to Dreamworld and Movieworld which means he plays his 350th against us this week. Couple this with a slight improvement in freos recent form means the Swans need to be on their guard.

Key Match Ups

Grundy v Pav
The AA CHFB in waiting v the past AA CHF should be a good dual, Pav has turned the clock back of late so Reg needs to be on his game.

Smith v Walters
Last time we met Smith missed and Walters and Ballantyne kicked 6 between them, no Ballantyne this week so if Smith can keep Walters quiet the avenues to goal for the dockers dry up.

Midfield v Midfield
Hanners, Kennedy, Parker, Jack and Mitchell. Good luck Mundy Neale and Hill but we've got you covered here.

Buddy v Dawson
No need to comment

Swans youth v Freo youth
Aliir, Mills, Hewitt, Naismith, Foote, X Richards, Heeney VS Blakely, Weller, Langdon, Taberner, Collins.
Lots of youth on display good chance for our young guys to get one over this lot who in following seasons will be reinforced with the likes of Fyfe and co.

Summary

We should win this by at least 6 goals as we're a much better side and have a lot more to play for. Having said this the dockers will be up for it and we need to be on our guard, start well and the 4 points will be ours.

For those of you travelling to Perth for the first time get your taste buds ready for the delicious carlton mid strength served in a plastic cup at the bargain WA mining prices. For those of you keen for a full strength beer prior to the match send us a message and we can meet up.

Go Swans

PS I would never normally suggest this as I am very one eyed, but win lose or draw I would suggest all Swans fans at the game stay at the end to clap Pavlich off the ground as we have had many champions in the past who have stayed loyal to the red and white without tasting the ultimate success, and as such should recognise his career.

Last edited:
156988_a3752ef15cdcb85398d4660a26e3b60a.jpg

Out Hewett, Foote
In mcveigh, Newman.

Adds some class by foot.

Heeney has to stay in the midfield. Hes the only one with some class.

WE NEED CLASS!

Out Hewett, Foote
In mcveigh, Newman.

Adds some class by foot.

WE NEED CLASS!

I agree with Newman but he has to be upgraded.

Hewett stays in he's actually one of our very few that kick straight!

Last time we beat Freo in Perth. Jetta and White, memories.

Why would you call it the 'Craig Nettlebeck Cup'? He never played for Freo (and before you provide an idiotic response, list position is not playing)!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since I've taken the role of Foote's biggest advocate I vote for an unchanged line-up. The kids did alright in a game where our biggest stars were mostly ****. Let's not take it out on the debutante. (Because remember, Foote will be a bigger star than Heeney and Mills. Mark. My. Words.)

I mean, if McVeigh returns, it's a gimme that he comes back, but I would think Hewett probably needs the break the most. But still, unchanged please Horse!!!

Unpopular opinion - Pavlich is over-rated. There, I said it. Hope we go over and annihilate his side and leave him goalless (we reached our empathy quota with Carlton today).

Foote to stay in.

But yeah I have no idea why people think this would be an upset if we lost. Assuming Horse isn't gonna bring McGlynn and Teddy back (surely not), we'd be going over with a pretty similar side in terms of experience. It's a big ask for any team to go west and win, let alone a team with plenty of youth and inexperience. Plus, I firmly believe we have the worst skills in the competition at the moment, dwindling in quality since the GWS game if we're being totally honest with ourselves. I see no reason why the pattern will reverse for this game and we will probably out-Freo Freo, which will be bad but the wake-up call we need.

XR to stay forward. Rohan and Heeney to play FULL GAMES. Heeney to START in the middle so he can get early form but I still like him in the forward line for most of the game. Foote to stay in.

Hanners, JPK and Mitchell to be traded in exchange for Fyfe, O'Meara and Hurley if they produce one more game of completely **** disposal efficiency. I'm joking of course. (No I'm not)

Foote to stay in.

Sinclair just keeping Tippett's seat warm for him. Honestly, out of Tippett, Naismith and Sinclair, big Cal is clearly the most inferior. Towers to stay in (but he's on his last legs as far as I'm concerned).

Did I mention Foote to stay in?

Out Hewett, Foote
In mcveigh, Newman.

Adds some class by foot.

WE NEED CLASS!

Better drop hannebery then

Is he carrying an injury currently? Been noticing his rapidly declining disposal efficiency over the past few weeks compared to the beginning of the season. Hanners was a real liability to the Swans yesterday.

He never kicks well so nothing to do with fitness

We do not have an elite kick in the senior core mid group
Kennedy jack hanners parker mitchell

Mcveigh has always added great foot skills, jetta used to

Lloyds reputation does not match output of late

Cunningham rushes because he is scared

Heeney and mills are beautiful kicks but limited to 0 mid time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back