List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade Talk 2016

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
GWS don't want a first round for Steele and he's not worth that. He's worth a second at best.
Carlton: Hi GWS, we'd like Jack Steele please. We thought you might like our 1st rounder in return.
GWS: 1st rounder? No thanks
Carlton: Ok, how about a 2nd rounder?
GWS: Hmmm... That's the absolute most we'd accept, got anything less we could take instead?
Carlton: Liam Jones?
GWS: Deal

GWS don't want a first round for Steele and he's not worth that. He's worth a second at best.

You always post with such certainty - you must be very well connected.

I haven't seen much of the kid but the feedback I've had is "late 1st, early 2nd for someone considered on the fringe of Best 22"

I can't understand why we would want to keep Cloke. He isn't getting any better (actually worse), and doesn't improve the team.

I also think that unless he is playing seniors, he is really going to be a distraction for the team. To be honest, we look better without him.

He would be lucky to have 12 months of footy left in him.

He can't change the way he plays. For some to say he can turn into a 'Reiwoldt' type is ridiculous. Simply losing some weight doesn't mean you will suddenly become an agile running machine.

Anyway, we need to move forward. Holding on to guys like Cloke holds you back.

Maybe trying to bump up his price, his actions dont suggest he wants him
I think we need him, play him at CHF, let him roam up the ground and double back and blow up his opponent. Hes a 100kg running beast. Thats when he is playing his best football
Plus moore will get the 2nd best defender, and with him playing close to goal, far more opportunities will come his way to hit the scoreboard.

Totally agree here. Over the past couple of weeks commentators suggest Cloke needs to lose a few kg's and get back on his bike. He's a marking machine and you'd think he'd be of value a bit higher up the ground, like circa 2009-12.
Hopefully it isn't about Damir Cloke wanting a 4 year deal and the club only offering 2.
There are more astute footy watchers who may see it differently, but Cloke has 2-3 years in him ( maybe 10-15 game seasons), to help transition in the new brigade????

You always post with such certainty - you must be very well connected.

I haven't seen much of the kid but the feedback I've had is "late 1st, early 2nd for someone considered on the fringe of Best 22"
Not really, Just common sense. Steele isn't a superstar but he's not bad. he was picked as a 3rd rounder but played his value since to a second.

Maybe trying to bump up his price, his actions dont suggest he wants him
I think we need him, play him at CHF, let him roam up the ground and double back and blow up his opponent. Hes a 100kg running beast. Thats when he is playing his best football
Plus moore will get the 2nd best defender, and with him playing close to goal, far more opportunities will come his way to hit the scoreboard.
There is definitely too much emphasis on him kicking goals in my opinion. Let him be 2nd fiddle to Moore.

Not really, Just common sense. Steele isn't a superstar but he's not bad. he was picked as a 3rd rounder but played his value since to a second.
Jack was taken at pick 24 after North bidded their first round on him. He's going to be a very solid player.

My whispers were saying Richmond a few weeks ago but who knows what will happen as usual.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grumpy old man?

Baby Boomer?

No idea = Milennial?

It's quite amazing how out of touch the comment is given the youngest Gen Y's are 22-23 now and the oldest over 30 plus there's been two more entitled generations since.

Practically the entire 2010 premiership team was Gen Y. It just amuses me every time he posts it.

If we lose Witts, Cloke, Williams and Brown. And bring in WHE, Tomlinson, Jong, Ed Langdon, Daicos, Brown is that a good trade/draft period?

Its neither good nor bad, IMO. I'd call it an active trade/ draft period with a whole lot of movement for limited returns.

If we lose Witts, Cloke, Williams and Brown. And bring in WHE, Tomlinson, Jong, Ed Langdon, Daicos, Brown is that a good trade/draft period?

No it isn't in my opinion. I think we will only succeed in making the list worse. Cloke Brown & Williams leaving will just set us back further. Replacing experience with unproven potential. We will get the 2 father son picks anyway.
Neither Jong or Tomlinson fill me with hope at all.

Last edited:

It's a horrible trade period. We'd give up a spine for depth types and strugglers in the hope we'd find a gem in the rough.

You forgot Goldsack who is on his way out.
What I see is a lot of backline experience going out and not much in return. We are really depending on Keeffe to add something otherwise we have gone backwards there and the only improvement in the fwd line. Only WHE has me a bit moist at the moment .

It is our VFL spine though. Williams is the only real loss of those 4 and we have depth to cover him
Brown has been our best 22 full back for the bulk of the year and is a vice captain. I'd hardly regard him as a part of our VFL spine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back