Autopsy Freo lose by lots to GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Absolute crap. 1 goal after qtr time is absolutely pathetic. If it wasn't Pavs last game next week I'd consider not bothering to go after that. Looked completely uninterested. Another milestone game blowout, not that mundy showed any interest either

What an awful game :(
Yarran did well in the first and shows enough to be in the first 22 next year.
Weller played well in patches.
Well done to Neale on 700+ season disposals.
Ape showed the ability to crash a pack.
I guess the biggest positive is that this season is almost done. I wish I had one of those ray things from Men in Black...One flash and season forgotten.

Blakely and Lobb were very friendly after the game. Two former swans players.

Therefore Lobb is coming to Freo for sure, you heard it here first.

Hey it has more credence than a Hackdorn article, at least it was based on an actual observation!
Didnt happen to see Blakely whip a contract out of his shorts by any chance??.... :)

Currently overseas, judging by the score one positive was the bar couldn't show the game. Another judging purely by stats was Weller getting the footy a lot. Neale will keep doing what he does best and accumulate the ball, looks like Hill played well too?

It'll be interesting to read the autopsy more on this crappy wifi, granted it may take 4 hours a page...

Embarrassing effort. Our team are one of the worst to ever trudge onto a footy field. Fyfe would think twice about signing up with that rabble.

I'm going to stay positive, watch Collingwood v GC on free to air, watch the replay of our game tomorrow, think good thoughts about Yarran, and probably write some swear words in the melt thread tomorrow about WHEN our administration is going to grab hold of their ******* balls and demand the AFL look into the umpires.
Some teams cop it for a season or two, with us it's perennial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

One of the poorer games we have played in recent times, particularly after quarter time. Game was played almost exclusively in our defensive half with Giants midfielders able to run unencumbered through the middle of the ground.

Highlight was Yarran's first quarter trio of goals, all class.

Attacked the corridor much more effectively than we have in recent weeks, but too many players happy to distribute the ball, not enough prepared to carry the ball.

First quarter - solid

After that - uncompetitive, insipid, incompetent, pathetic, soft, lazy etc

The positive is this season is nearly over because then I don't have to think about this s**t excuse of a season.

No fitness, no heart, no passion, thankfully there's only one more game.

Renewing members for next year should get a discount as compo for the crap served up this year.

As an aside, players should be docked payments for that shite

Same old smelly brown s**t.

can't win clearances because we're too fumbly in close
can't move the ball forward because we can't hit targets by foot
can't kick goals because we have no structure

The fast ball movement game pan falls apart when the opposition lift their defensive pressure and slow us down. Then we have no idea what to do next. We kick long to a pack and then lose possession at the next ball up. Or we kick sideways and backwards (hoping the opposition don't notice us working the ball around to the opposite wing?) until someone spuds it up and turns the ball over.

In spite of all that we are still always looking at setting up the perfect set shot at goal form 20-30m out. Our forwards get the ball inside 50 and run around in circles looking for a pass instead of instinctively having a shot at goals.

putrid.

we need a new game plan again in 2017. Do something Ross.

We are clearly unfit. It's been happening every game. Our players just jog on the spot half way through the second quarter... The postive is that we'll learn a lot from the remarkable failure of this season. We'll makes some positive changes, and if we get our recruitment more right than wrong we'll be back in the race !!!

Older guys were crap, younger guys showed a bit but didn't really dominate, story of our season really. All respect to Mundy for what he's done for our club but on your 250th, as captain you'd hope to show a little more than he did today.

Half the problem with us right now is 5-6 players out there today have probably been told they are going to be moved on during the list management process we had a few weeks back. Add them to the 6-7 inexperienced guys we've got out there and too much is left to a very select few (Neale, Walters, Hill and Mundy?) to even keep us competitive.

Started off well but then fell away. Started with some turnovers which dropped confidence and once we got tired, our structure fell away and we got absolutely belted.

Some comments.

Mundy - really hope he is injured. Hard to believe how bad he is playing right now, he has been our best finals player in our history but looks a shadow of his former self.

Apeness and Yarran - promising but need to work on tank. Both not fit enough for AFL but forward line will be a lot better with both of them in there.

Ibbo - clueless.

D Pearce - tries but his turnovers are so costly. Just cannot execute under pressure and has enough chances. Hard to see him in the round 1 side next year.

Ballantyne - looks finished at Freo. No confidence, can't win a contest, fumbly and now having no impact defensively.

Weller, Blakely, Langdon, Tucker - all had good and bad moments but will be better for the run.

Clarke - thought he was OK. Not best 22 but has been slowly improving and is a better option than Griffin or Hannath at the moment. May be worth retaining.

Mayne - no room left in the side for him. Has lost his starting position in the forward line and will not be with the club next season.

Collins and Silvagni - battled hard.

Sutcliffe - has literally lost all confidence and better have a huge off season if he wants to play AFL post 2017. Has pace and disposal skills but you can't play as bad as he has been. I was always a fan as well but you can tell when his head drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blakely and Lobb were very friendly after the game. Two former swans players.

Therefore Lobb is coming to Freo for sure, you heard it here first.

Hey it has more credence than a Hackdorn article, at least it was based on an actual observation!
I hope so, Lobb is very impressive..

Those that want to retain Clarke are happy to remain mediocre. Time to say goodbye!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back