Favourite Rolling Stones song?

Remove this Banner Ad

Loving Cup...one of my all-time fav songs

1. The Last Time (haven't seen this mentioned? Awesome song)
2. Gimme Shelter
3. Stray Cat Blues
4. Can't You Hear Me Knocking?
5. Monkey Man
6. Play With Fire
7. Let It Loose
8. Let It Bleed
9. Shine A Light
10. Happy
11. Soul Survivor
12. Sway
13. Sweet Black Angel

Forgot Sister Morphine... plug it in at 9

Not so much a tour as a 4-gig run to promote the new greatest hits set/cash in on the 50th hype. Two in London and two in NYC (well, NJ really). Ticket pre-sales for London have begun and prices are outrageous in the Stones fashion :thumbsu:

Mick hinted heavily in a radio interview that there will be a proper tour beginning early next year.

1. Start Me Up - Can't go past the duelling guitars, the energy and the crescendo feel of the song. Nice early 80s production too.

2. Brown Sugar - Love all the things going on at once, classic sloppy-yet-in-the-pocket Stones. The outro is pure swing.

3. Honky Tonk Women - Love the bluesy, boozey feel. Plebs don't realise this went to Number 1...

Famous songs I don't particularly like -

Paint it Black, Sympathy for the Devil

I can't remember posting in here but it came up as an alert so I'll give my favourite Stones tracks then scroll back to my original post to see if my tastes have changed over the last 4-5 years.

• Gimme Shelter
  • Under My Thumb
  • Sympathy For The Devil

I can't remember posting in here but it came up as an alert so I'll give my favourite Stones tracks then scroll back to my original post to see if my tastes have changed over the last 4-5 years.

• Gimme Shelter
  • Under My Thumb
  • Sympathy For The Devil

Me too. Good idea

Street Fighting Man
Sympathy For The Devil
Waiting On A Friend

Special mentions to Gimme Shelter and You Cant Always Get What You Want

• Gimme Shelter
  • Under My Thumb
  • Sympathy For The Devil

4 years ago I had Under My Thumb and Sympathy for the Devil.
Rereading through the thread, I missed out on something I used to love listening to years ago, especially poignant after I broke up with an ex, it was the first song on the radio as I drove off from her house, As Tears Go By.

'Happy' is another one I love dearly.

Great riff with the Charlie beat in full swing powering along.

Exile. What an album.

Been listening to it a fair bit the last few weekends after years of not playing it at all.

I think in the 90s in my 20s I completely overdosed on stones songs and my brain subconsciously switch off with the need to hear those classic albums.

Excile has so many great tracks it's unbelievable really. No other band in history playing rhythm and blues can match that lineup of catchy songs..except maybe a black crowes album.

They are the masters.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm in my mid 30's, and I'm a massive metal/rock head, but to this day, The Rolling Stones are by far my favourite band and allways will be.

My list will be a lot different to most here, as the early to mid 60's are by far my favourite era of the Stones, especially because I grew up listening to all my fathers blues records.

Here is my top 25(haha), I tried to do a top 10, but felt it was impossible as I love too many songs from the early days.

1. Ruby Tuesday
2. Paint It Black
3. As Tears Go By
4. Play With Fire
5. Not Fade Away
6. The Singer Not The Song
7. I am Waiting
8. Tell Me
9. Heart Of Stone
10. I Just Want To Make Love To You
11. Satisfaction
12. Jumpin' Jack Flash
-------------------------------------------
13. Gimme Shelter
14. Wild Horses
15. Brown Sugar
16. Miss You
17. Angie
18. Emotional Rescue
19. Start Me Up
-------------------------------------------
20. You Got Me Rocking
21. Already Over Me
22. Streets of Love
23. Anybody Seen My Baby
24. Gunface
25. Back Of My Hand

Last edited:
Its Only Rock n Roll, but I like it, like it, yes I do.

The greatest ever cover of that awesome song that will blow your mind..cocaine is a hell of drug

Remove this Banner Ad

Back