Remove this Banner Ad

Here's the Mega-Snakes' keepers at the moment:

Rookies

Larkin
Nylander
D Strome
Fabbri
Nichushkin

Sounds like Nichushkin might be off to the KHL, doesn't want to play under Ruff. If so I will swap him for Namestnikov (Spooner misses out on rookie eligibility by one game, played 23 games in 2013/14).

When is the keeper deadline?

Sounds like Nichushkin might be off to the KHL, doesn't want to play under Ruff. If so I will swap him for Namestnikov (Spooner misses out on rookie eligibility by one game, played 23 games in 2013/14).

When is the keeper deadline?
I wonder if he will be back in 2 years? Maybe if Ruff is gone. Either way at least he can still develop there, hes young enough.

Two trades to announce:

1) Mario's Memories trades a rookie keeper slot to Glasgow Mega Snakes in exchange for a 5th round draft pick previously owned by doof
2) Mario's Memories trades a rookie keeper slot to Schneider's Stogies in exchange for a 5th round draft pick

So correct me if I'm wrong on this, but this should mean that in Round 16 (Round 5 after keepers) I'll be picking 1st, 2nd and 7th.
2nd (Doof via Mega Snakes), 7th and 11th (Schneider Stogies).

Keepers have been assigned.

_JC_'s team Malkin In The Middle did not assign any keepers by deadline so I have assigned the following "best 11" based on Yahoo's pre-season rankings and rookie eligibility.

1. Kane
2. Seguin
3. Karlsson
4. Malkin
5. Backstrom
6. Kesler
7. Holtby
8. Rinne
R1. Stone
R2. Burakovsky
R3. Duclair

stay true's team Yzermaaaaaan only assigned 8 keepers by deadline so I have assigned Milan Lucic to make up the top 8 as he was Yahoo's pre-season ranking best available on your roster and I have also assigned Anthony Mantha and Andrew Hammond to join Petr Mrazek as rookies because they were the only rookie eligible players on the roster. If stay true don't want Mantha or Hammond, unfortunately you need to wait til after the draft and drop them.

Good luck to everyone at the draft next week

Last edited:
12:30pm is the earliest I could probably do on that date. Is that OK with everyone?

The Yahoo Fantasy Sports app is pretty good for drafts so you could finish the draft on the train using the app.
Just worry about connection on the train. If people dont want to change, thats my problem, but 12:30 should be fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anytime on Sunday ok by me if that makes life easier.

So long as we don't revert back to Saturday, when cricket commitments use up most of my day......

Two points of order.

1) Name change - After winning the league, we have relocated to a bigger market and become Marchand Madness.

2) I would like the draft to be as late as possible, but if we are invoking the Champion Handicap rule then I will just have to get up at 5am.

Two points of order.

1) Name change - After winning the league, we have relocated to a bigger market and become Marchand Madness.

2) I would like the draft to be as late as possible, but if we are invoking the Champion Handicap rule then I will just have to get up at 5am.
Assuming your location is correct.. you will just be leaving the night club a little early to draft.

As I said I am hoping to travel to Newcastle that day to see Adelaide United play, normally I wouldn't change, but I've been working in Sydney for the last 4 months so basically my only things to do on weekends are go to sporting events, bout time I got out the apartment!

stay true's team Yzermaaaaaan only assigned 8 keepers by deadline so I have assigned Milan Lucic to make up the top 8 as he was Yahoo's pre-season ranking best available on your roster and I have also assigned Anthony Mantha and Andrew Hammond to join Petr Mrazek as rookies because they were the only rookie eligible players on the roster. If stay true don't want Mantha or Hammond, unfortunately you need to wait til after the draft and drop them.

Good luck to everyone at the draft next week
Thanks for sorting that out mate. I set those keepers when rego first opened and only just remembered now to update it (obviously too late).

I'm good for Friday 12:30PM.

Thanks for sorting that out mate. I set those keepers when rego first opened and only just remembered now to update it (obviously too late).

I'm good for Friday 12:30PM.
Yeees, yesss...Friday at 12:30

giphy.gif

Welcome aboard, Crackers. Check out the first post of this thread for info about that. You may need to look up your players on www.hockeydb.com to see how many games/seasons they've played.

Speaking of the OP, doofdoof it may be worth updating that post to reflect the current group of players we have now.

Will do, Marns. Need to find a little time before the season starts.

Sadly it looks like I am autopicking this weekend. Will get as much planned as I can beforehand

Well done to all on draft - hope season is as competitive as ever.

FYI, there was a bit of chat after the draft on competition rules around keepers going forward (both in terms of type of player and also total numbers held).

Of particular interest is the way we all tend to hoard goalies (I kept 3 as part of my 8 "senior" players this year). Maybe something we can look at....

Also, I said I'd look at results back over time to see if any teams have always been at top/bottom of league. I will ramp up my Excel skills later today and make up a table of results going back over the years (I think I can can cut a paste a table into BF??). Of course team names have changed over the years, so may need a heads up on who was who....

Here is table as promised (couldn't work out how to insert Excel table, but does the job).

This goes back over last six years, with season finish, average finish, times in top six and years as champion.

Guess you could say that it flies in the face of me thinking we need to look at keeper rules, given six different champs in six years. However, 3 teams that make playoffs virtually every year and 5 that usually don't.........

Placings Average Finish Top Six Champion

Doof 1,7,4,6,5,8 5th 4 times 2010

Jacks Journeymen 2,10,4,11,8,10 8th 2 times never

Malkin ITM 3,11,6,12,1,11 8th 3 times 2014

Brades 4,5,11,7,11,9 8th 2 times never

Palace Gun 5,4,2,1,2,7 3rd 5 times 2013

WingedWheel/Iggy/Crackers 6,8,8,4,12,12 8th 2 times never

Stinger 7,6,10,8,10,1 7th 2 times 2015

Yzerman 8,1,3,5,3,3 4th 5 times 2011

Hertl 9,2,1,2,6,4 4th 5 times 2012

Mario's (Marns) 10,12,9,9,9,6 9th 1 time never

PeterS 11,3,12,10,7,2 8th 2 times never