Past #29: Brent Harvey - AFL / North Melbourne games record holder (432gms/518gls) - thanks Boomer

Remove this Banner Ad

I can understand Boomer being upset at not getting another year, but If I was Boomer, I would be embarrassed that my family acted the way.
Great player, bad parenting, I never played a single AFL game and if my Kin were talking crazy talk like supporting the doggies i would put it right promptly,

BTW if the Harvey clan moved interstate i know a few folk that wouldn't miss Shayne at the local school parents association. Sounds like Cooper inhereted a little bit of the selfish side of Harvey.

Sorry Boomer. This is bullshit.

First it was the forlorn tweet clearing out his locker. Now, his kids are so heartbroken they've switched teams. Ok...we get it....you're pissed off. But if you love the club like you say you do, stop getting out there and reminding us all how unjustly you think you were handled, how disappointed you didn't get what you want. Show some friggin' class and move one.

Love watching him play. Love his contribution to the club. But his 'poor me' crap has to stop. Quietly move on. Try extend your career somewhere else. Just stop trying to make the world feel sorry for you.

Great player, bad parenting, I never played a single AFL game and if my Kin were talking crazy talk like supporting the doggies i would put it right promptly,

BTW if the Harvey clan moved interstate i know a few folk that wouldn't miss Shayne at the local school parents association. Sounds like Cooper inhereted a little bit of the selfish side of Harvey.

I'm not going to assassinate his character, but as a father it is a poor reflection on you the way your family acts, at least it was in my time.

You should never act when high on emotion and you should never air your dirty laundry in public, all you have to do is have some self-awareness, players who had established legacies with clubs who exited poorly and potentially damaged post-football relationships with the club have over time regretted going out the way they did or acting as they did, even North people who went into retirement or the next phase with a stick up their arse.

He/his family are going to make fools of themselves and regret it in the future. It is sad to see.

Surely Boomer wouldn't be happy about her saying that...

Slight contradiction to this :

Having good luck with the Shayne Harvey name at North....

Poor from. I love the bloke and literally cried during his last 3 games knowing it would be his last. But that's made me be a bit bitter. And why do it public? Looks poor on them not North.

Weak as piss supporters, I know they're only kids but LOL. The thought of even following another club when I was a kid never crossed my mind. Guess they were just following Harvey, they'll jump on the GWS bandwagon when they win the flag next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is putting it in the most diplomatic way possible, because i'll always love him, but for a player to have their future as their primary focus and not finals when your team is competing is pretty indicative that A) That player doesn't have 100% faith in their ability going forward and B) Is not conducive to the culture you aim to repair and rebuild at a club where team success, drive and standards are big issues.

That interview doesn't change things at all, but hope the people that keep banging on that letting him go was a disgrace should heed the words above.

Go easy on bagging kids. She's the one who spoke out of school...
Kids are flakey at best. As for not supporting North, just a piece of advice, support the jumper & the club, you don't have to support the people who currently work there.

The NMFC will be there after they're gone.

And as if Boomer would pay for a Footscray membership. He's too ******* tight. :p

Vic Uni hand 3 gamers out for free don't they? :p

Could this be an indication that he's of too the Kennel? Would love to see him retire with another premiership before he retires!

What a ****in trainwreck.

I'm so over 2016.

Agreed

It certainly appears to be at odds with what Brent has been saying all along. Surely he has been told the reasons behind closed doors of why we came to the decision we did. I'd have thought he would have accepted that, provided it wasn't rubbish reasons.

Perhaps its a case of Shayne just not being media savvy and overcooking what happened. I just hope it blows over. I would love to see him involved with the club like Arch and Stevo are.

If what his manager says is correct re: no offers then you could draw the assumption 17 clubs have the same idea as us.

Could this be an indication that he's of too the Kennel? Would love to see him retire with another premiership before he retires!
Doubt if he's going to play til a 104 mate.

He's durable, but c'mon....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back