Prediction (POLL) Shortlist for Pick #11

Who are your top 3 prefrences for out first round selection?

• Tim English

Votes: 3 3.0%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Jarrod Berry

Votes: 8 8.1%
  • Griffin Logue

Votes: 20 20.2%
  • Jy Simkin

Votes: 28 28.3%
  • Alex Witherden

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Daniel venables

Votes: 38 38.4%
  • Oliver Florent

Votes: 50 50.5%
  • Jordan Gallucci

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Sam Powell-Pepper

Votes: 15 15.2%
  • Will Hayward

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cedric Cox

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • Will Brodie

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • Other (Shock Slider)

Votes: 17 17.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

tiltraise

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2008
arden street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Note- I have not included any academy players nor have I included any of what I believe look the likely top 6 selections (HMac/AMac/Ains/Tazo/SPS/Scrim) but I did include an Others option which effectively groups all of the above.

Also Note the voting change option is enabled thus feel free to change your vote should your opinion change over the coming 2 weeks.

Ive gone with Brodie, Florent + Logue.

They look the 3 safest picks and it seems highly probable at least one will be available at #11.

I voted Other - Andrew McGrath.

With * moving on Setterfield and GWS chewing up pick 2 on him things will go into chaos.

We’ll then see * predictably take McCluggage leaving Brisbane to think "wtf, McGrath was rated top 2 and they've both passed on him". They promptly stick with Plan A (making one ex-lion current coach proud) and take Ainsworth.

Things are going a bit crazy now and caught up in the hysteria Gold Coast bid pick for 4 for Bowes before matching themselves.

Blues stick to their guns and go with the safe, reliable local product in Brodie at 5.

Tired of dealing with homesick immature kids, Gold Coast spring the shock of the draft and take mature age local product Joel Tippett at pick 6. See you later go-home factor.

Freo use up their allotted time and then enter the extra time period trying to furiously offload pick 7 for a listed player until someone explains it’s ain’t the NFL guys. Freaked out that months of strategising just got invalidated they just scan the draft list and pick the tallest kid “Tim English thanks”.

Showing a virtual “FU” to the notion Western Australia kids don’t really want to play footy in front of a few ex-pat Vics who wanted something to do before hitting Jupiters, Gold Coast switch tactics at pick 8 and smash Petrevski-Seton’s dreams of heading to the heart of football. Fortunately for him he’s already signed a heads of agreement to join Hawthorn in 2020.

Now it gets serious for the North recruiters.

Sydney come perilously close to calling out Xavier Richards’ name out of spite before realising they deliberately traded up to get this pick so they could pick up that rower kid. Spun out from an overdose of cola the Sydney recruiter clears his throat and says “Sydney select that rower kid, the one with the frizzy hair”. Any other club tries that and it’s pick forfeited. But Gillion duly clarifies “Logue?” and the Sydney staffer confirms “yeh. Thata one”.

In an effort to gain credibility in the football world Gold Coast realising they’re already drunk on early selections take the unprecedented action of passing on pick 10. The AFL think long and hard about gifting the pick to the Bulldogs or Melbourne instead but because Gold Coast insist they want the pick recorded as a pass (“we don’t want charity”) the AFL relents.

Up steps Big Bad Bryce. His palms are sweaty and.. you know the rest. Just as he’s about lean forward, Brad rushes the mic and almost gets out “Todd Marsha..” before Bryce shows uncharacteristic aggression, shouldering him aside and finally lands our man “Andrew McGrath”.

In post draft analysis Knightmare mentions he always felt McGrath was highly overrated.

harps would never get 29 touches and best on ground in a game like florent did in the under 18 all stars game

And that he did that whilst still in mourning over his fathers death says a hell of a lot about his character.

I think he's a well rounded unit and would get the 'future captain' tag quite quickly.

And that he did that whilst still in mourning over his fathers death says a hell of a lot about his character.

I think he's a well rounded unit and would get the 'future captain' tag quite quickly.

Future HOFer?

Reading about Florent just screams Keiran Harper to me. Not keen

Well if you have seen him play he is nothing like Kieran Harper, and to be honest I don't see how one could come to that conclusion. Harps was always a small forward/flanker with sharp skills and an eye for goal, but consistency was a problem and was never going to be an AFL midfielder. Florent looks like a great midfield prospect, plays with heart, no trouble finding the ball, bit of pace, decent skills.

If Florent's name is read out by us on draft night I will be stoked, not my first choice but i genuinely like the way the kid goes about his footy. And a great head on his shoulders too.

Last edited:

Florent's last few weeks the of season are another example of standing up on the big stage and not just from a physical perspective.

24 disposals/5 tackles/1 goal in the TAC Cup GF (voted 2nd best by Sandy behind McGrath)

5 day break

29 disposales/7 clearances Draft All-Stars (voted bog)

7 day break

One of the best performed players at the combine in a combination Endurance, Agility, Leap + Clean Hands.

Well if you have seen him play he is nothing like Kieran Harper, and to be honest I don't see how one could come to that conclusion. Harps was always a small forward/flanker with sharp skills and an eye for goal, but consistently was a problem and was never going to be an AFL midfielder. Florent looks like a great midfield prospect, plays with heart, no trouble finding the ball, bit of pace, decent skills.

If Florent's name is read out by us on draft night I will be stoked, not my first choice but i genuinely like the way the kid goes about his footy. And a great head on his shoulders too.

Like I said it's purely what I read. The write ups have him being a classy player but the overall stats to me indicated a issues with getting the ball. However those performances I may need to adjust my opinion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't care, by the sounds of all these AFL bio's every pick up to 40 has Paddy Dangerfield written all over them.

Based on that we're getting 3 x Paddy's with our first 3 picks.. can't lose!

Depends on how much the other teams improve- Bradley Scott

Yeah been a Venables man for a while now. I added Florent and SPP as "types" we need or could do with.
They all seem like 'the type' to me, although I can't shake visions of Logue's highlight reel. May not be a need, but strikes me as a future star or at least a 'franchise' type player (or a Tyrone Vickery I suppose if it goes bust.) The combination of height, size and mobility makes him stand out a bit. Imagine Logue from HB to centre, and Wood from HF to centre, roaming between the arcs?

Back