List Mgmt. Poll: If we get picks 2 AND 3, who do we take?

If we get pick 1 and 2, who do we take?

• Reid and Curtin

Votes: 62 33.9%
  • Reid and Watson

Votes: 61 33.3%
  • Reid and McKercher

Votes: 38 20.8%
  • Reid and trade out 2 (elaborate)

Votes: 15 8.2%
  • Other (elaborate)

Votes: 7 3.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

If there's an 'assistance package', it will be pre-listing Sanders and matching any bid
Which is a joke tbh at the very least it should be prelisting sanders straight onto our list for free like suns did with Alex Davies

3 spoons in a row and 11 wins in 4 years (a modern unprecedented low) the only good thing is we will set a precedent for future priority picks

Should be a guaranteed first round priority pick plus a mid first round/something else

Assuming we get Saunders for nada i’d:
1. Take Reid at 1
2. Trade pick 2 to WCE for pick 3 and pick 20 odd.
3. Bundle up picks (14,20,??) to send to GC for pick 6 and promise not to bid on Walter
4. Take Watson pick 3
5. Next available, most likely Caddy or O’Sullivan at pick 6

Reid, Watson, O’Sullivan, Saunders
Everyone's entitled to playing scenarios, but I don't think Sanders will be for nought; likely we'll have to find the points to match. Taking pick 10 as a reference point = 1395 points; take pick 1 out of it, the rest of our 2023 picks are currently worth 1828 points. The balance is roughly worth pick 40; it all slides around depending on FA compo, F/S etc

Reid + Watson.

If we finish bottom and get pick 2 for McKay I think we should listen to WC as they will come to make an offer for pick 2 to ensure they get Curtin.

My preference in drafting this way is based on us getting Sanders as part of our assistance package. If we don’t get access to him my thinking would change as we would need another mid, would probably go McKercher as the best mid.

I feel the need to pick the best player and address the small fwd role is essential for our future.

Key defenders I think we can address through trading, drafting from state leagues and free agency in years to come. Do a Melbourne and bring in a lever and May when the time is right.

I have reasonably reliable mail that Melican is heading our way, I’m told it almost happened last year however Sydney wanted more than we were willing to give up. They were also keen to keep him for back up which they have needed this year.

Drafting this way also gives us next year to see if the the likes of Will and Tom are up to AFL standard midfield level. If they don’t cut it next year we draft the best mid with our first pick and look to move these 2 on.

Last edited:
These calls to trade pick 2 are bizarre.

Curtin is playing good footy at league level, was 195.1cm and 94.15kg pre season (likely taller and a bit heavier now) and can play all 3 lines.

He’s developed enough to come straight in and contribute. He can play round 1 in an area of the ground we desperately need to fill. He is by all reports a freak talent.

If he does want to go home at some point, we will be very well compensated.

Curtin is playing good footy at league level, was 195.1cm and 94.15kg pre season (likely taller and a bit heavier now) and can play all 3 lines.

He’s developed enough to come straight in and contribute. He can play round 1 in an area of the ground we desperately need to fill. He is by all reports a freak talent.

They measure to the mm and to 10 gram accuracy? Is that when breathing in or out?

I change my mind every day lol. I chose Reid and Watson but honestly I'd be happy with any out of Reid and Curtin/Watson/Duursma/McKercher/O'Sullivan/Caddy. I feel like Clarko would like the class and ball use of Duursma/Curtin/McKercher so it will be interesting to see what we go with.

For me, the key is whether we can trade 2 and 15 into something around 5 and 10.

If we can manage to turn it into Watson and O'Sullivan, that's a clear win over just Curtin and whoever we'd get at pick 15.

I change my mind every day lol. I chose Reid and Watson but honestly I'd be happy with any out of Reid and Curtin/Watson/Duursma/McKercher/O'Sullivan/Caddy. I feel like Clarko would like the class and ball use of Duursma/Curtin/McKercher so it will be interesting to see what we go with.
Pretty much where I'm at. I like Watson but would be happy with Reid + Sanders + any of these players.

Reid at 1.
Trade 2 to GC for pick 5 and future first.
Take whoever out of McKercher, Watson, Duursma and Curtin at 5. Souup and Sphynx have a hard on for Watson and I'm happy to go with that if he is still on the board.

GC Future first gives us loads of currency for next year when hopefully we have moved up the ladder a little bit and can draft for a need or trade for a v good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reid at 1.
Trade 2 to GC for pick 5 and future first.
Take whoever out of McKercher, Watson, Duursma and Curtin at 5. Souup and Sphynx have a hard on for Watson and I'm happy to go with that if he is still on the board.

GC Future first gives us loads of currency for next year when hopefully we have moved up the ladder a little bit and can draft for a need or trade for a v good player.

Only with a Freo & GC win, can this fly. With GC % the decider.

Surely we can't draft a mid at 2.

Assuming we take Reid at 1, we surely got to either take Curtin or trade down?

This isn't the last opportunity for us to draft a top 5 mid. KPP take time and the cupboard is f*g bare.

(I'm assuming we have 2 as compo for McKay)

I think we are a 20-25% chance of getting band 1 for McKay .
Most other peoples confidence levels seem to be at 100%?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Depends whether he is prepared to go anywhere or chooses a club. If it's a bidding war or he chooses Swans I'd be pretty confident.
If it's Hawks/Port/Blues/* I would be less confident as I don't think they would want us to get pick 3 compo.

NMFC bf order according to the poll which I think I agree with

1. Reid
2. Watson
3. Curtin
4. Kerch
the poll was premised on us having the first two choices in the draft though, which after round 23 seemed to be the overwhelming likelihood.

The results would have been different if people knew they could only get one of Curtin and Reid.

How different, I’m not sure.

Back