Preview Offseason - what do we want to see?

Remove this Banner Ad

Imo asking for wins would require monumental improvement across the board, and so I’ll go small:

1. LDU fit
2. Charlie, X to play minutes in the VFL
3. Bailey Scott BnF in my veins

Imo asking for wins would require monumental improvement across the board, and so I’ll go small:

1. LDU fit
2. Charlie, X to play minutes in the VFL
3. Bailey Scott BnF in my veins
Agree (apart from the Scott stuff, he started the first 10 games poorly so that won’t happen). Don’t worry about wins, too many getting caught up on that
Like they say it’s all about process

What are the little things we want to see refer to my post number 2 in this thread

Last edited:
  • 2 more wins (double our total wins last yer)
  • succession plan for Goldy
  • CCJ averages 1.5 goals a game for the remaining games
  • RH Jnr given a couple of games
  • No more games given to Hall

It’s obvious isn’t it?

Clarko back

Lock the thread

Mr Bean Car GIF by Working Title

All 9 loses by under a goal. Dont want any more wins where the AFL will use covid and slightly better 14 wins over 4 years as an excuse to shaft us again.

Have to get what we can before the Tassie winter comes.

Comben and LDU back to getting us very excited about next year.

All 9 loses by under a goal. Dont want any more wins where the AFL will use covid and slightly better 14 wins over 4 years as an excuse to shaft us again.

Can we at least beat WC? That’d be kinda ugly.

we are currently 11 wins over 4 years, couple wins should be fine to still get a pp

like i said eagles are 13 wins over 3 years atm so this time next year they'll maybe be around 14 or 15 wins over 4 years

The competitive performances we have seen in our last five games continue in the final nine.
Snag an upset win against a top 8 team. It would be great for morale going into 2024.
Some of the youngsters performing well in the VFL give a taste of AFL. Harvey, Dawson and perhaps Hansen Jnr.

Comben, Goater and Xerri work their way back into the team.

Larkey to finish with over 50 goals.
Larkey, Sheezel & Scott to battle it out for Syd.

At the end of the season, Hall, Boner, Turner & Mahony are delisted.

I'd like to see the team play a full 4 quarters for a couple of games. One or two more wins would be nice.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would like to see;
  • beat West Coast
  • another signature win where we are underdogs
  • LDU & Wardlaw looking dominant together
  • one of the young backmen really stake a claim like Ford did when given a chance (Archer, Perez, Goater)

And I want to find out if Xerri is our future number 1 ruck or if we need to address that in trade week.

I'd be happy for Sheezel if he won RS but it doesn't change anything, either way, if someone beats him. We've found a gun player there.

2+ wins. Draw is fairly favourable. No excuses there

LDU and Comben to return from injury and stay injury free till season's end

Not one more loss by 70 points or more. Ideally it'd be 60 but I'm gonna give the lads some wiggle room for the next two weeks

CCJ to clunk those down the line marks every week

TT in the usual mid/fwd role

Sheezel down back

Bergman and Goater to see out the year in the seniors

That would see us out of the bottom 4 and in no mans land (13/14th) and missing out on Watson and caddy

No thanks

I’ll take 3 of those wins though (*, stkilda and eagles)
The worst (ie best) we finish is 15th even if we win all those and the teams around us lose all their games against better sides.

That still gives us one of Reid, Duursma, Watson, Caddy, McKercher, Curtain, The Other Reid or whoever looks good. Two if we get a PP or band 1 compo pick for McKay.

Would love to see Cooper Harvey debut
has to be close to a debut, ideally a home debut hawks in round 18
The worst (ie best) we finish is 15th even if we win all those and the teams around us lose all their games against better sides.

That still gives us one of Reid, Duursma, Watson, Caddy, McKercher, Curtain, The Other Reid or whoever looks good. Two if we get a PP or band 1 compo pick for McKay.
Reid, Watson and caddy top 3 for mine if we miss on one of them for an extra win i'd be annoyed

Reid, Watson and caddy top 3 for mine if we miss on one of them for an extra win i'd be annoyed
Fair enough.

I'm not really following the draft closely enough to have an opinion on the top three.

In the predictor i did that saw us 15th we won six of the last nine games. So we beat all those sides I mentioned except St Kilda. Beating them would have put us in 14th at best. It involved winning four of the last five games of the year and beating the Hawks and Crows as well.

I reckon if we finish that strongly the benefit to the side could be worth tha risk of losing those players. If we do that then we'll have guys like Thomas and most likely McKay wanting to play and a huge dose of belief anf motivation to work hard over the pre season. And we'll still get access to top quality players. i think just an extra win or even two more (for five of the last nine games) still leaves us in the bottom two or three, depending on who it is we lose to.

Things I want to see:

1. Happy, mentally healthy and refreshed Clarko return to finish off the year.
2. Get at least 2 more wins (West Coast & Hawks at the bare minimum) before season concludes.
3. Larkey winning the Coleman (would be the hardest earnt Coleman OAT)
4. Tarryn and McKay re-committing
5. Goldy signing on for another year
6. CCJ take ownership of CHF or FF and provide much needed partnership and support to Souva
7. Cooper Harvey Debut
8. Comben getting back on the park in some capacity
9. Harsh list decisions - Changing of the guard from the likes of Ziebell, Hall and to a lesser extent Cunners to the likes of WPhil, Sheezel, Wardlaw, Goater, Perez, Scott, Curtis, Ford etc.
10. Happy to loose by if they guys show signs of fight, grit, determination and never give up.

1. Win inside 50 count in 3 matches
2. Win tackle count, or at least even it up
3. LDU, Jy, WP, George get multiple games together
4. CCJ builds on a promising return to the side
5. Future back 6 starts to take shape with Bergman, Goater and Logue playing multiple games together.
6. West Coast go on a heater and we end up with pick 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Back