New coaches - Who do you want?

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarke is taking forwards and assume Jed Adcock is taking defence? Patch to midfield or there’ll need to be another recruit.
Patch hasn't shown me much tbh.
Struggled with our backline, then moved to a dysfunction forward line.
Not sure he's worth it outside of development.
Would rather get in an actual midfield coach than trying to shoehorn someone in.

Would rather get in an actual midfield coach than trying to shoehorn someone in.
Yeah I’d give patch the dev coach role Russell was supposed to go into

And go after a mid coach like a Higgins or Cotchin etc

And if room a senior assistant (dew)

I’d like a senior assistant like dew overseeing all lines

Like ratten was part time with us and is now full time at hawks

And I think we still need another dev coach to sit under Barlow which Russell was going to do before he left

Ratten has moved into more of a director of football/general role hasn't he, ie viney hence left us as we didn't have that type of role available

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You could have thrown anyone into our forward line this year it wouldn't have mattered.

We had one tall target, zero dangerous smalls and injuries all over the place.

You could have thrown anyone into our forward line this year it wouldn't have mattered.

We had one tall target, zero dangerous smalls and injuries all over the place.
Regardless, I'm still not convinced he wasn't a 'signed because he was cheap with some experience, used to play for the roos so it's favoured son coming home' type.

Regardless, I'm still not convinced he wasn't a 'signed because he was cheap with some experience, used to play for the roos so it's favoured son coming home' type.
He was successful coach in both previous jobs. Local Footy in the Eastern League were he won the premiership and did a really good Job at Coburg with very limited resources.

There's always a disclaimer for Patch on here. The forward line was putrid under him.
The forward line (and the rest) was significantly better under him than Noble as SC.

Alot of our forward line problems this season come from poor delivery (from skill errors or low footy IQ) usually from people not playing on the forward line. It improved over the year and the way someone like Curtis started working with Souv was good.

I don't mind giving him a chance in the midfield, especially if Clarke is responsible for offensive strategy and gives Patch guidance on what he (Clarke) needs the mids to do. Patch had to deal with really bad transition over this last season so he might be the best person to fix that issue, specifically if he has a clear picture of why it didn't help the forwards. We had nearly 400 i50s less than the leading team and many of them were either turnovers from poor skill or high hack kicks that weren't to any forwards advantage.

He needs to be judged on his performance in a stable, organised system imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With preseason training not far away, not long to lock in that development coach role that Russell was supposed to do

I’d still push for bringing Higgins back or seeing if Cotchin wants to dip his toe in the coaching pool

Isaac smith could be another option and to reunite with clarko

Last edited:
Anyone heard any whispers about another addition? Brady said recently that there was 1 more development space to fill . I have heard nothing since I don’t believe

Anyone heard any whispers about another addition? Brady said recently that there was 1 more development space to fill . I have heard nothing since I don’t believe
Nothing yet but has to be soon with training starting shortly

Coincidentally several clubs have announced new dev coaches this week.

Adam Marcon ex Tigers/Williamstown has stepped down as Aberfeldie coach in the EDFL to take up a role with us.

Adam Marcon ex Tigers/Williamstown has stepped down as Aberfeldie coach in the EDFL to take up a role with us.
Was part of Richmond's AFLW coaching team as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back